Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
AND THEN HE PEES ALL OVER THE BIRD AND THEN EATS IT AND REFUSES TO PAY FOR ANYTHING HE JUST DID PRESIDENT PISSBABY EVERYONE

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

I AM THE TOILET posted:

AND THEN HE PEES ALL OVER THE BIRD AND THEN EATS IT AND REFUSES TO PAY FOR ANYTHING HE JUST DID PRESIDENT PISSBABY EVERYONE
1) username, post, etc

2) now I want a Fun-Pak Comix that redoes the 9/11 gimmick but with "President-Elect Donald Trump paid prostitutes to urinate in front of him".

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Jamaica:

Hospitals are reporting fewer and fewer RNs in the country.

Notoriously corrupt cops just got a huge boost in funding. People are worried where the money is going to go.

Although Jamaica loves Obama, they are not fond of Hilary.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Obama is the hero of the story making a last act of defiance towards a disaster beyond his control. A Democratic Party Cartoon.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

loquacius posted:

One of the issues that keeps coming up in the C-SPAM Democrats thread is that thanks to the DNC's neglect of a proper fifty-state strategy the Democratic bench is kind of thin at the moment. We'll just have to see who manages to raise their profile enough for a 2020 run and choose wisely; that's all we can really do at this point.

I'd still love Warren to run, naturally -- the excuse everyone used to use is "she's getting set up for a Harry Reid type career where she can do more good in the long run", but here it is 2017, we have President Trump, and they gave Reid's job to Schumer anyway, so gently caress it, I say Warren 2020.

The Democrats actually have a really solid bench for the presidency imo, the problem is that no one will ever live up to the lofty ideals of the far-left because they are literally impossible to please. Warren is poised to have a great run, Booker is obviously going to run at some point in the future (depending on how his political stock does in the next 4 years), Keith Ellison has been bucking for more national attention, the list goes on. The republican bench on the other hand is completely hosed, it's how Trump was able to totally usurp the party in the first place. Democrats aren't really in want of candidates, but are in need of solid well-targeted messaging, which has been their problem since basically forever so I'm not sure how they plan on fixing it.

Also Bors reposted an old doodle to facebook that I don't think has been posted:

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 13, 2017

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Isn't Trump a guy that's never had a pet in his life? Another sign of a completely stable human being.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SeANMcBAY posted:

Isn't Trump a guy that's never had a pet in his life? Another sign of a completely stable human being.

Because unlike humans, which can suppress their repulsion, animals are highly unsettled around him

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Iron Crowned posted:

Because unlike humans, which can suppress their repulsion, animals are highly unsettled around him
Animals are innately able to sense the lack of souls.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

OldTennisCourt posted:

Why do Conservatives have the lamest burns possible? I don't want to be a smug "Heh, Liberals are much smarter!" guy, but every Conservative comedian/cartoon has the lamest insults ever. "LOL BLACK DONG CIGARS LOL "

Conservatives are obsessed with black men's penises and where they go. All this cuckservative bullshit is just projection. As much as I think Rick Wilson is a turd, he really was spot-on in that all these Red Panels types are single men who masturbate to anime.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

hmm yes maybe your lame internet liberal caricature resembling Sargon of Akkad was not a good idea when he agrees with many of your shithead opinions

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
possibly :nws: If You Give a Trump a Hooker

edit: Had a cartoon there but there was a cartoon titty on it so just click the link I guess

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ThePeavstenator posted:

hmm yes maybe your lame internet liberal caricature resembling Sargon of Akkad was not a good idea when he agrees with many of your shithead opinions

But not enough of them. Sargon's not popular with the nazi set.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The Democrats actually have a really solid bench for the presidency imo, the problem is that no one will ever live up to the lofty ideals of the far-left because they are literally impossible to please. Warren is poised to have a great run, Booker is obviously going to run at some point in the future (depending on how his political stock does in the next 4 years), Keith Ellison has been bucking for more national attention, the list goes on. The republican bench on the other hand is completely hosed, it's how Trump was able to totally usurp the party in the first place. Democrats aren't really in want of candidates, but are in need of solid well-targeted messaging, which has been their problem since basically forever so I'm not sure how they plan on fixing it.
Still hoping for Duckworth/Warren 2020.

Not that she'd actually make a good veep.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I hope the Bernie dead-enders never find out that Liz Warren was a Republican in the '90s.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I was going to say that 'golden snow' sounds more like Trump, thanks for saving me from the trouble of saying that. :tipshat:

P.S. kids, don't eat golden snowflakes!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Also Bors reposted an old doodle to facebook that I don't think has been posted:

Booker is an extremely flawed candidate (call me literally impossible to please if you must) and Ellison, while great, is bucking for more national attention in a position that would preclude him from running for President so those aren't the best examples in the world :shrug:

We are in total agreement on Warren, though. Hopefully someone can convince her to run.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

I hope the Bernie dead-enders never find out that Liz Warren was a Republican in the '90s.

Insert joke about Barry Goldwater here

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A serious question: assuming he isn't already gone and the world is still here, what are the odds of someone challenging Trump at the 2020 RNC?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

From the trump thread

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ThePeavstenator posted:

Didn't they get into a slapfight?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I'm always just blown away by what a blatant piece of poo poo Nazi Klurf is. Like, it's loving ridiculous. There are some reprehensible people in here but I really doubt they'd be so upfront about their misogyny and racism.

I can't imagine the type of person that unironically likes that poo poo.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jedit posted:

A serious question: assuming he isn't already gone and the world is still here, what are the odds of someone challenging Trump at the 2020 RNC?
Wild guess: Fairly low. If he's not already gone and the world is still here, the party as a whole is probably on board with him or at least not willing to rock the boat.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Until I fund wherever USPol went, Jill Stein is doing Things still :sigh:

quote:

Dear Goon Subscriber of Many Mailing Lists,

The counting may be over. But thanks to your support, the fight continues for real democracy and elections we can trust! With 80% of voters disgusted by the election and 90% having lost faith in our political system, this fight is more important than ever.

In the wake of a divisive and bitter election, over 10,000 volunteers and 161,000 donors came forward to make this historic multi-state Recount possible. On Thanksgiving weekend, you launched this Recount as a key step we the people could take to help build the democracy we deserve. This remarkable citizen initiative is still going strong.

In Wisconsin, activists are still fighting for our right to examine the privately-managed electronic machines, so we can investigate potential malfeasance, error or hacking by any bad actor - domestic or foreign. Nearly half of Wisconsin voters were denied a reliable hand recount, largely in under-resourced communities of color, the very places voting machines are most likely to fail. To push for urgently needed legislative fixes, activists have launched a broad based “Count My Vote” coalition.

In Michigan, concerns were raised by an unprecedented 75,000 blank votes, many in communities of color. This exceeded the margin of victory by seven-fold. The recount found widespread failure of vote counting machines in Detroit’s communities of color, sounding the alarm about yet another instance of electoral Jim Crow. Thanks to Recount pressure, Michigan has agreed to replace these outdated, unreliable machines in Detroit.

In Pennsylvania, a bureaucratic nightmare of vague and contradictory rules prevented the recount from even getting started. These rules required over 27,000 voters to file notarized papers by unspecified dates at unclear locations. Paperless touchscreen voting machines used by 80% of Pennsylvania voters make it all the more important to examine the software of these fallible, unaccountable machines. Recount activists are pushing for overdue legislation to fix these problems.

The American people deserve a voting system we can trust - that is accurate, secure and just. The Recount showed we do not have such a system. But this movement is not over yet. Which is why we were excited to learn this week of the possibility to redouble the fight in court, among other possible initiatives for voting integrity and justice. As you may recall, you, and all our Recount donors, will have an essential role to play in determining the use of any surplus recount money to continue this movement.

Stay tuned for more details next week. Thank you for making possible this fight for real democracy and elections we can trust!

With deep gratitude,

Jill_Stein_Signature.png

Jill Stein

I donated a dollar for what I had bet at the time was a donor database blitz. Not disappointed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm the Bug and the Super Bug

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love Toles' Trump so much. How wide can he get? :allears:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
"Alien Draco" was a fun thing to google for a nice quick jump into a pit of crazy. Turns out it is not in fact a genre of scifi Harry Potter fanfic.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Angepain posted:

"Alien Draco" was a fun thing to google for a nice quick jump into a pit of crazy. Turns out it is not in fact a genre of scifi Harry Potter fanfic.

Well don't leave us in suspense.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Prism posted:

Well don't leave us in suspense.

Oh, it's just the standard reptillian aliens trying to take over the world stuff.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

War Wizard posted:

They also like it when people they don't like get hurt. Nothing more funny then a man getting hit in the crotch with a football.

But the ball! His groin! It works on so many levels!

xthetenth posted:

Can we at least take back silent majority?

How about silenced majority? Fits the situation better.

Hostile V posted:

Animals are innately able to sense the lack of souls.

See that time a bald eagle tried to attack him.

IT loving KNEW!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Fulchrum posted:

How about silenced majority? Fits the situation better.

That's what I use.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Keith Ellison is Muslim, so just completely remove him as a potential candidate.

30% of this country thought Obama was Muslim. Can you imagine the freakout when there's a candidate who actually is one

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, I'm not seeing it would be any different. The only people who would actually let it matter to them already were convinced Obama was a Muslim.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Angepain posted:

Oh, it's just the standard reptillian aliens trying to take over the world stuff.

That's kind of disappointing.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah, I'm not seeing it would be any different. The only people who would actually let it matter to them already were convinced Obama was a Muslim.

I saw some stat thing a while back that said a significant proportion of Democrats, like 10% or something, believed the birther stuff and voted Obama anyway.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

Pants Donkey posted:

Keith Ellison is Muslim, so just completely remove him as a potential candidate.

30% of this country thought Obama was Muslim. Can you imagine the freakout when there's a candidate who actually is one

~25% of the US population is baby boomers last I checked. Sounds about right. loving die already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Potato Salad posted:

Until I fund wherever USPol went, Jill Stein is doing Things still :sigh:
Uh, it's gone forever ever since its closure immediately post-election and nobody has told me why. I thought about making a new one but I figured it'd just get instagassed and I'd get probated.

e: much like the 6% of Democratic Florida voters who believed that Hillary Clinton was "an actual, literal devil from Hell" or whatever, I would totally mark myself as "Democrat, believes Obama is a Muslim born in Kenya, will vote for him anyway".

• Locked thread