Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

Interesting but that would bring in real world lasting consequences for the gang's actions, which would probably be a first.

If anything, this show would go all the way beyond that point and have a class action lawsuit of like 11 kids who show up to sue Dennis and Mac (who back in his straight days made a big deal out of refusing to use condoms) and they come up with a horrible scheme to escape their responsibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I like to think that the gang get a lot of slack from the police due to that time they captured a serial killer.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
"Old Lady House" next week will probably be another polarizing one. The premise sounds great to me, but so did "The Gang Turns Black" and that one ended up not doing much for me.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Why are you racist against old women?

Moacher
Oct 10, 2007

In a few moments my neighbor is going to exit this building's ground floor, out onto the sidewalk. According to my math, from this height, I can kill him by pissing on him.

Electromax posted:

...and they come up with a horrible scheme to escape their responsibility.

I forget, has the gang ever tried to fake their own deaths to get out of something?

VVVVV e: oh right! VVVVVV

Moacher fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 13, 2017

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Moacher posted:

I forget, has the gang ever tried to fake their own deaths to get out of something?

Mac and Charlie Die

e: they also faked Dee's "baby"'s death in Sweet Dee Gets Audited

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
They never showed what the key that Abby swiped from Dennis opens did they? I know it was probably a locker at the park, but it would have been cool to see her open it and find a head or at least serial killer tools. You know, for the implication.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

It was definitely to the locker in the park where they were stashing the haul from all their cons throughout the day.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

pahuyuth posted:

They never showed what the key that Abby swiped from Dennis opens did they? I know it was probably a locker at the park, but it would have been cool to see her open it and find a head or at least serial killer tools. You know, for the implication.

Yes they showed it, it was the locker where they stashed all the stuff they scammed.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Well poo poo I missed that. Are we sure there wasn't any duct tape, pliers, or chloroform in there?! Great episode for sure.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

BSam posted:

Yes they showed it, it was the locker where they stashed all the stuff they scammed.

There was even a slow-mo scene of him turning the key and putting it on his wrist, focusing your attention on it right before they both put on the sunglasses.

I love how you can see Abby arguing with a waterpark employee as Dennis first sits down next to the smokin' hot milf, also didn't realize she said "my dads a cop" to the security officer and Dennis picked up on that so quickly. Truly 2 masters at work.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It would be awesome if "Abby" appeared again, but I don't think this show will ever commit to any sweet or emotional moments, just quick glimpses of them.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

It would be awesome if "Abby" appeared again, but I don't think this show will ever commit to any sweet or emotional moments, just quick glimpses of them.

Somebody upthread mentioned that the actress is returning this season.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

She's probably going to end up actually being Dennis's daughter from same lady he DENNISed that he didn't know about.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I hope they don't end up going down that road, it seems a bit too predictable to me.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I could definitely see her exploiting that concept though.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Dennis revelation was exquisite

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Powershift posted:

She's probably going to end up actually being Dennis's daughter from same lady he DENNISed that he didn't know about.

Nah, if they're going to do something like that it has to be an established character who shows up infrequently.

Like Maureen Ponderosa.

Actually wait up, how old would Sweet Dee's baby be?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
The episode felt like it cut before anything actually ended except for Mac's thing. It's really strange that we're supposed to let Dennis's keys get stolen without him caring. He realizes what happens and then... he just goes home? Plus with it being a 17 minute episode, it really felt like he should have at least done something to attack back. Which is only a contributing factor to them bringing Abby in for another episode. There's no way Dennis lets that go.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
What could he do? She was probably already gone. If anything he was in awe of how good she was at it.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Super Deuce posted:

The episode felt like it cut before anything actually ended except for Mac's thing. It's really strange that we're supposed to let Dennis's keys get stolen without him caring. He realizes what happens and then... he just goes home? Plus with it being a 17 minute episode, it really felt like he should have at least done something to attack back. Which is only a contributing factor to them bringing Abby in for another episode. There's no way Dennis lets that go.

He doesn't care about any of that poo poo, he's impressed and probably a little proud. It's probably one of the most fulfilling and meaningful days he's ever had.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, it's totally in character that he would be flattered by being outsmarted by a girl onto whom he had projected himself pretty heavily.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Super Deuce posted:

They're not his actual keys, just park locker key.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

What could he do? She was probably already gone. If anything he was in awe of how good she was at it.

Not really. She has to go back to the locker to get the stuff. Then she has to get home somehow.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He doesn't care about any of that poo poo, he's impressed and probably a little proud. It's probably one of the most fulfilling and meaningful days he's ever had.

Dennis doesn't care about stuff, he cares about manipulating people. Being manipulated by his protege makes him feel proud.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Uh, the only thing Dennis does is care about stuff. That's like, his thing. He's neurotic. Like... that's all he has ever done in the whole series is care about himself. So it's totally cool he just lets this person walk away without doing anything? It's clearly a bizarre thing to let happen for the character.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Super Deuce posted:

Uh, the only thing Dennis does is care about stuff. That's like, his thing. He's neurotic. Like... that's all he has ever done in the whole series is care about himself. So it's totally cool he just lets this person walk away without doing anything? It's clearly a bizarre thing to let happen for the character.

They made it pretty clear that he sees himself in his fake daughter. So it's plausible that he would be happy about basically himself getting scammed by another version of himself. After all it's just a minor incident, and it's fair to say he wasn't stealing all the stuff because he needs it, he did so just to get a kick, so he won't mourn the loss of that junk.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cojawfee posted:

Not really. She has to go back to the locker to get the stuff. Then she has to get home somehow.

By the time he walked over to the mom she had that locker cleaned out and jetted. For all we know she lives nearby. Either way she's out of the park with the loot in no time.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, I'd say if Dennis is willing to give up on some prime MILF to teach Abby some "art lessons," he's not gonna mind when she "graduates" and takes off with a bunch of junk.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shbobdb posted:

Dennis doesn't care about stuff, he cares about manipulating people. Being manipulated by his protege makes him feel proud.

Yeah, if anything the fact that she absorbed so much of what he taught her is the ultimate compliment to himself (which is what he cares about) - in his mind, he was such a great mentor he was able to take a talented but untrained kid and lift her game to the point that she got one over on him.

Now if they ever meet again I imagine he'd try to pull one over on her instead, but his obvious pride when he realizes what she did in this episode makes perfect sense to me.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They really need longer episodes if they are going to attempt multiple plots per episode like that.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the girl would research Dennis and sets up the entire fake daughter scenario to get money from him. And it works flawlessly, Dennis really becomes a model father and starts providing for her financially. The gang wants old Dennis back so they do a DNA test to prove the girl is a liar, but it turns out he really is the dad. Dennis is extra excited now, but the girl "gently caress you"'s out of the picture once she knows the truth leaving Dennis a husk of a human again.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

steinrokkan posted:

They really need longer episodes if they are going to attempt multiple plots per episode like that.

This pace is definitely hurting things. If anything, sunny episodes could be way longer. Every episode Christmas episode length.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

Well, Frank and CHarlie scream AIDS to ride water slides isn't much of a "plot" - it's more of a gag. Same with Dee and Ronald stuck in a water slide getting pissed on.

I'm not sure I'd've enjoyed longer skits of those. Dennis and the Girl was the primo plot, and I think it worked just fine. This ep wasn't as rich as the musical first episode, but it worked great as a couple of gags plus Dennis being great.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

I love the episode, but the montage in the middle felt overly long like they were filling time in an already-short episode.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I'm surprised they can get away with 17 minute episodes. I thought they were obligated to be around 22 minutes?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Starting last season their episodes were mostly in the 20 minute range. Being Frank was just under 17 minutes and The Gang Hits the Slopes was the only one over 22.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
I guess the Game of Thrones showrunners had nothing better to do than play half-rear end lifeguards.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

I'm surprised they can get away with 17 minute episodes. I thought they were obligated to be around 22 minutes?

They're the FXX flagship show and are largely considered golden geese with how cheap the show is to make compared to the buzz and ratings it generates, they can get away with anything pretty much.

grilldos posted:

I guess the Game of Thrones showrunners had nothing better to do than play half-rear end lifeguards.

They had time to write a full episode two years ago, I doubt a two minute cameo was hard to fit into their schedule.

Super Deuce posted:

No the only thing Dennis cares about is filling his pussy hole. But regardless, this episode clearly had him caring about Abby, I really can't see why anyone would think Dennis is upset that he got outplayed by her, the episode establishes a sweet if perverse father-daughter relationship between them and when he realizes what happens he seems awe struck rather than annoyed or angry, it's just about the only positive relationship he's ever had in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

emanresu tnuocca posted:

No the only thing Dennis cares about is filling his pussy hole. But regardless, this episode clearly had him caring about Abby, I really can't see why anyone would think Dennis is upset that he got outplayed by her, the episode establishes a sweet if perverse father-daughter relationship between them and when he realizes what happens he seems awe struck rather than annoyed or angry, it's just about the only positive relationship he's ever had in the show.

The fact that the only positive relationship Dennis has ever had is teaching a little girl how to be a better thief says a lot about how hosed up he is as a person.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 15, 2017