Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

ashpanash posted:

Tell that to the fanboys whooping it up when evil ol' dark helmet takes out his red laser dick.

These are the same people who cheered when Yoda pulled out a lightsaber in AOTC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
gently caress YOU IT'S JANUARY!!!!

gently caress YOU IT'S FOREVER!!!!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

also, gently caress movies

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Bye Bye Man and Monster Trucks and that dog movie look like fake movies, like I actually checked to see if RLM made up some phony trailers to gently caress with me but nope, lol, they're real.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
My brain switches off when watching movies that are supposed to be political cartoons.

Jaba the Hutt = the crushing downturn of fortune that is required for a capitalistic society to run

Salacious Crumb = media purposefully lampooning lower classes to keep them infighting and prevent them from politically gaining legitimacy

Boba Fett = the systematic repression of our precious bodily fluids

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

FOREVER AND EVER AMEN!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Mr. F! posted:

No its a guy reading a Super Mecha Godzilla post in a plinkett voice

How embarrassing

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Mentioning SMG outside of CD should be a bannable offense.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Delthalaz posted:

I highly recommend people read the CD Star Wars thread. On the one hand you have that SMG guy, his alts and a few sycophants using all the rhetorical tricks in the book to push a really stupid and condescendig misreading of Star Wars (as well as a number of other pop trash films) as deep, radical critiques. Then you have impressionable nerds eating that poo poo up, giving him the respect he craves and treating him like a loving visionary. It's like watching people self-radicalizing to ISIS under the sway of some e-preacher.

This is almost certainly a level of hell.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
is the cd thread where they think the prequels are some kind of secret genius art films

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Prequels are not that bad.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

is the cd thread where they think the prequels are some kind of secret genius art films

That's a real thread?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paladinus posted:

You're posting in a thread about content creators who were made famous for their take down of the prequels. Do you think your view is held by many here?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

WampaLord posted:

You're posting in a thread about content creators who were made famous for their take down of the prequels. Do you think your view is held by many here?

You're taking this thread very seriously, I see.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Paladinus posted:

out.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
a while back my friends and I watched double down directed by and starring neil breen and it really was as funny as rlm made it out to be so later we decided to watch fateful findings too and holy hell is it not fun at all. like its haha bad for a while but it just keeps going and going and getting worse almost in a trying to be bad way that quickly becomes annoying rather than entertaining. would not recommend.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

ThePeavstenator posted:

R1 was all the cool poo poo you wish Star Wars would have done if it had the budget and technology when the originals were made.

Insert line of argumentation that actually the star wars films are just samurai movies and the whole point is how much of the movie actually isn't that at all. It was just old men kind of gesturing at each other. Repetition of the "special effect without a story" quote from Lucas.

ADD-riddled fanboys just want to SEE something cool (AT-ST!) but don't really have the capacity to ask for or comprehend something that IS cool. The instant comparison is between Rogue 1 and the "many Bothans" line in Return. The entire movie of Rogue One is less cool than one line in a different movie in the series. Like, just make that other movie if anything.

dreezy posted:

a while back my friends and I watched double down directed by and starring neil breen and it really was as funny as rlm made it out to be so later we decided to watch fateful findings too and holy hell is it not fun at all. like its haha bad for a while but it just keeps going and going and getting worse almost in a trying to be bad way that quickly becomes annoying rather than entertaining. would not recommend.

ill fite u

No but seriously that one is easily one of the worst, if that scale means anything here. What you want to see is "I Am Here.... Now" that's a real gem. Mostly. I mean there are parts that are legit sickening like how he treats the prostitutes he hired as actresses who show their boobs to people in the scene but not to the camera because Breen was so skeezy that they didn't want him to see... that shouldn't come across on film. But other parts of the movie will open your third eye and cleanse your chakras.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

revdrkevind posted:

But other parts of the movie will open your third eye and cleanse your chakras.

There should be a fake religion centered around bad movies.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

MrSlam posted:

There should be a fake religion centered around bad movies.

https://www.jedichurch.org/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Bah, how can you imply that Star Wars are bad movies? Don't you realise that people in this thread like Star Wars? Don't you know anything? You idiot? You bitch? Harumph.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jan 14, 2017

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

Bah, how can you imply that Star Wars is a bad movie? Don you realise that people in this thread like Star Wars? Don't you know anything? You idiot? You bitch? Harumph.

I loving LOVE STAR WARS

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

a bone to pick posted:

Where did you learn to read? What you're hearing is SMG making fun of RLM.

I hadn't listened yet, but I got about 4 seconds in and the terrible impersonation I heard made me slam ctrl-w

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

revdrkevind posted:

The instant comparison is between Rogue 1 and the "many Bothans" line in Return.

You know we are probably going to get a "A Star Wars Story" about stealing the second Death Star plans at some point

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gildiss posted:

I loving LOVE STAR WARS

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
when will we get a movie about darth vader's tie figher advanced design

i would also like a retelling of the gonk robot's history

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gildiss posted:

I loving LOVE

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet The Mummy will be good

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Mike's eyes only light up when surrounded by garbage.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FuturePastNow posted:

You know we are probably going to get a "A Star Wars Story" about stealing the second Death Star plans at some point

They didn't steal plans but rather the location of the 2nd Death Star.

But it was a trap, which implies the emporer intentionally let the location out.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Giga Gaia posted:

Mike's eyes only light up when surrounded by garbage.

drat check out his fuckin eyelashes in that pic

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
It really is just the Year of the Manchild.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Paladinus posted:

I rewatched them recently, and yeah, I just don't see this.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Phantom Menace is the only one out of the three that's really kind of fascinatingly bad, as it misses the mark with so many things it's quite baffling. There's also some effort in the actual film making like shooting on location and using real props and poo poo. Clones and Sith are just lazy and boring garbage.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 14, 2017

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Randarkman posted:

Phantom Menace is the only one out of the three that's really kind of fascinatingly bad, as it misses the mark with so many things it's quite baffling. There's also some effort in the actual film making like shooting, on location and using real props and poo poo. Clones and Sith are just lazy and boring garbage.

it was also shot on actual 35mm film instead of crappy first generation HD video, so it looks like a real movie. the same is true of double down compared to fateful findings and Neil breen's other trainwrecks.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

This picture represents everything

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I bet The Mummy will be good

Haha

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Randarkman posted:

Phantom Menace is the only one out of the three that's really kind of fascinatingly bad, as it misses the mark with so many things it's quite baffling. There's also some effort in the actual film making like shooting on location and using real props and poo poo. Clones and Sith are just lazy and boring garbage.

dreezy posted:

it was also shot on actual 35mm film instead of crappy first generation HD video, so it looks like a real movie. the same is true of double down compared to fateful findings and Neil breen's other trainwrecks.

It's like someone using a helmet-mounted Go-Pro and then going on a walk and stepping on all the dog shits.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Still "better" than the other two, in the sense that it is worse, but at least not oozing of laziness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
He was so close to working.

• Locked thread