Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

eighty-four merc posted:

I used to drive this green car in CA.

But then I moved to CO in 2015 and bought a car with a roof.

My financial situation is more stable than it's been since the move, so I can finally afford to do stupid AI poo poo to it. Feels good to be irresponsible again.

I love all of this. Please post more.

e:

No! Bad! That's a bad PenisMonkey. No! No!

Professor of Cats fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

davebo posted:

Your wife has a much cooler vehicle than certain others in this thread.

Much cooler than mine. :(

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

PenisMonkey posted:

I took the Micro Machine out for some on-ramps.

It's ugly. An ugly beast.

https://youtu.be/wrko2rqbV98

You really need to learn how to pay attention, you drive like an oblivious stoned highschooler.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Hey I fully admit I was dumb. I thought the guy sitting in the lane with his signal on for four seconds meant he was waiting for me to pass. I was a dick. I will own up to it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

RIP Paul Walker posted:

You really need to learn how to pay attention, you drive like an oblivious stoned highschooler.

This is really unfair to stoned highschoolers. They are quite cautious.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I really hope you get this project going because I'd love for you to document the poo poo out of the swap process. My knowledge of electrical systems and the magical pixies contained therein is severely lacking and I'd really like to watch you go through the steps of getting everything where it needs to be.

It's actually already really really well documented. I might go a little overboard on the nerding when doing it though, we shall see.

kastein fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 17, 2020

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

PenisMonkey posted:

Hey I fully admit I was dumb. I thought the guy sitting in the lane with his signal on for four seconds meant he was waiting for me to pass. I was a dick. I will own up to it.

Or maybe he was waiting for the actual left lane to start and signaling his intention to enter that lane when legal to do so.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

It's actually already really really well documented. I might go a little overboard on the autism when doing it though, we shall see.

I'm sure there's documents and poo poo all over, but those are all done by other people. On the internet. You know, idiots. With you being an EE and having a knowledge of automotive electricals that blows my loving mind, I'd like to see your take on it too :).

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

willroc7 posted:

This is really unfair to stoned highschoolers. They are quite cautious.

I highly doubt a stoned highschooler would even be going fast enough to overtake anyone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Only lame hippies buy Priuses.

Oh crap...

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hand in your AI card as you leave, thanks

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Josh Lyman posted:

Only lame hippies buy Priuses.

Oh crap...

It's even beige. Good lord.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

So when's the engine swap happening? Cars with a low drag coefficient make great standing mile cars.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

It's even beige. Good lord.
Ahem, it's gold. You know, the yoogest most luxurious color?

But the leather interior is legitimately tan beige.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Has anyone swapped a LS into one? Would make a great sleeper.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Aargh posted:

Has anyone swapped a LS into one? Would make a great sleeper.

Looks like it https://www.facebook.com/pg/AutofabRaceCarsInc/photos/?tab=album&album_id=697775046923318

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'm sure there's documents and poo poo all over, but those are all done by other people. On the internet. You know, idiots. With you being an EE and having a knowledge of automotive electricals that blows my loving mind, I'd like to see your take on it too :).

"These are simple folk, people of the land. You know, morons."

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

McTinkerson posted:

So when's the engine swap happening? Cars with a low drag coefficient make great standing mile cars.

Wasn't there a Harley engined Prius LeMons car? Not as cool as the Moto Guzzi Fiat 600, I actually saw that one at Buttonwillow.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I need to know how this ends... as in, which end hits the tree/pole/house first.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darchangel posted:

"These are simple farmersfolk, people of the land. You know, morons."

Darchangel posted:

"These are simple farmers folk, people of the land. You know, morons."

Come on, man.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Josh Lyman posted:

Ahem, it's gold. You know, the yoogest most luxurious color?

The color of piiiiissssss.

My dad had a Prius but he got tired of it plowing snow whenever there was more than 3" on the ground so he traded it in on a non turbo Forrester, which are massively lame and also exactly what my mom (independently) bought.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BigPaddy posted:

Not sure I posted this when I got it last year but here is my bad life choice:

This car has allowed me to renew my dislike of brand/model specific forums and their habit of echo chambering about other brands/models negatively. With this of course it is Mustangs and Cameros and I tried both of them before buying the Challenger and they were ok but I liked having some more space and the noise the SRT V8 makes makes me feel all silly. Ordered it late May 2016 and it was delivered on June 25th 2016 which was about half the time I was quoted on it would take. Unfortunately the Plum Crazy had gone out of production else I would have gotten than colour but as we all know red ones go faster.

So far just had a clear car bra with a black wrap on the hood and added a oil catch tank. Probably going to leave it standard on the most part since it is for daily driving while being too big and heavy to be chucked around on track really. Probably take it to the strip next summer with some better tyres on the rear for some fun. Also have to resist putting a pistol grip shifter on it else I will be banished from New England down to the south.

I love Challengers but I really think Challengertalk is one of the worst car/brand specific forums on the planet. You shoulda been there back when Ford & Chevy both had supercharged variants and they didn't. So salty and illogical.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

PenisMonkey posted:

My first choice was a Hellcat Challenger but alas, all the dealers around here are fuckholes.

A couple days ago I just noticed some nearby dealers have gotten their head out of their rear end far enough to discount leftover 2016s. And even the ones with their heads still firmly up their rear end have at least taken the ADM off their 2016s so now they're listed at MSRP at least. A Hellcat at ~6 grand of MSRP starts looking pretty enticing even if it is a model year old. I'd get one if I weren't on a quest for a 4x4.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

eighty-four merc posted:

I used to drive this green car in CA.

But then I moved to CO in 2015 and bought a car with a roof.

My financial situation is more stable than it's been since the move, so I can finally afford to do stupid AI poo poo to it. Feels good to be irresponsible again.
Do you still have the green one? I absolutely adore it. loving perfect. I'd also like to know more about the white one.

I've added "search for sub-$5K German convertibles" to my procrastination habits recently. I cannot afford to buy a car, at all, but I still want one.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

ExecuDork posted:

Do you still have the green one? I absolutely adore it. loving perfect. I'd also like to know more about the white one.

I've added "search for sub-$5K German convertibles" to my procrastination habits recently. I cannot afford to buy a car, at all, but I still want one.

The green car had its roof sawzalled off. When I left the state I scrapped it but sold springs and engine to my buddy with the white car, so now that thing has the bigger turbo motor and sits real tall.

hobes
Jan 15, 2007

Fight! Fight! Comrade!
My current project and hopeful daily driver. - '86 FJ60.

Picked it up in March of 2016 and now that I'm not traveling near as much, work can commence.

Edit: Yay, 10 year birthday!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Please make a thread for that, holy poo poo what a clean example of one of the best Land Cruisers.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
No poo poo. those FJ60s are amazing trucks from imo the best era of Toyota. Please post (a lot) more pictures.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Finally got the garage cleared out enough to stuff everything in.

Slightly rearranged then tucked in

blk
Dec 19, 2009

hobes posted:

My current project and hopeful daily driver. - '86 FJ60.

Picked it up in March of 2016 and now that I'm not traveling near as much, work can commence.

Edit: Yay, 10 year birthday!

Beautiful - those are getting really expensive around me, do you mind if I ask what you paid for what mileage/condition?

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
So recently I had the opportunity to obtain my Grandmothers car, as she is in her 90's and does not want to drive anymore, she bought it brand new in 84 and it's spent most of it's live living in a farm garage with fairly regularly servicing.

I have had a soft spot for it since I first rode in it when I was a baby. It's in pretty good condition, having just managed to tick over 80,000kms.
It has a sweet sunroof and I plan to use it as my summer cruiser, with perhaps a bit of tinkering and tuning, exhaust/suspension/carb and restore the wheels to their original state with some fresh tyres.

1984 Honda Accord EX

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Looks as clean as you'll ever find one these days!

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've heard a heat gun applied sparkingly to those kind of black bumpers will make them super black again. Looks pretty minty, jealous.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
Gtechniq C4 trim restorer seems to work great as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM2wXP9OVYw&t=1s

If nothing else it'll protect the trim.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
It's so nice that I would probably start just by rubbing something like a 303 Aerospace Protectant into the bumper. The detailing thread probably knows more.

What a gorgeous car. Take good care of it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Seat Safety Switch posted:

What a gorgeous car.

:lol: That's not exactly what comes to mind when some one says "1984 Accord."

It's in nice shape though, sure. Enjoy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Larrymer posted:

:lol: That's not exactly what comes to mind when some one says "1984 Accord."

I have a doctor's note :(

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
No that car definitely looks good. Some people don't appreciate simple and subtle 80s boxes.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
For some reason I find pretty much any car, no matter how poo poo it is, to be attractive when it's basically a time capsule and looks mint like that car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it

MrOnBicycle posted:

For some reason I find pretty much any car, no matter how poo poo it is, to be attractive when it's basically a time capsule and looks mint like that car.

I feel the same really, I mean it has some sentimental value to me, but it's actually really nice to drive, it does not have all the horrid 80's emissions stuff, so it's pretty zippy.

The interior is basically perfect too.

So amber

Gotta know when one of the doors might be open, it's very hard to tell otherwise!

I plan to work on the exterior trim and such over the next couple of months when I have some free time.

lil bip fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 17, 2017