Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Secret Empire will Renew Your Vows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
The Secret Empire '92

I don't think I did that right.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Secret Empire will Moon you.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The Secret Empire: Agents of HATE

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

U.S.Ecret Empire?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

It's better than the ones shown in CWII.

The Secret Empire is AKA Hellcat

I think Patsy Walker AKA Secret Empire works better as long as we're beating this dead horse.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think you've all run the joke into the ground at this point.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
edit: Sorry!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Do you want a haircut? The Secret Empire's gonna help you out.
Do you need a toothbrush? The Secret Empire's got an extra one.

Alternatively:

The Secret Empire will protect you from the terrible secret of space.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That secret empire seems really nice and helpful. I thought they were the bad guys? On the other hand, they have volcano helicarrier fortresses. Something that cool can't be truly evil.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
jesus loving christ this teaser art

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Nice to see Marvel letting 10 year olds draw promo art for them.

Hahah there's so many things wrong with that image... Black Bolt is my favorite though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
remember when John Cassady could draw

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

John Cassaday art is no good. News at 11.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blockhouse posted:

God drat that's loving hideous!

And Marvel is going from one long-rear end event into another, into another? CW2 --> IvX --> Secret Empire. Thank goodness I only read a few Marvel books.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You forgot Monsters Unleashed

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Blockhouse posted:

I'd buy that coloring book.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There's something really weighty with Carol's face. Combined with her hair it looks like she's pulling some serious G's.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That looks exactly like the splash art I'd expect to see on a SENSE OF RIGHT LEAGUE knockoff action figure box set.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

Hahah there's so many things wrong with that image... Black Bolt is my favorite though.

He's evidently pleased to be there.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Alan Arkin cast as Blackagar Boltagon in next Avengers movie CONFIRMED!

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

head58 posted:

Alan Arkin cast as Blackagar Boltagon in next Avengers movie CONFIRMED!

His kvetching can level entire cities. It would be amazing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Blue Glowy Spider remains a terrible look for Spidey.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Scarlett Witch apparently cried out "No more necks!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Spidey and Rocket being there is nice synergy with Newspaper Spider-Man's current arc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

...gently caress are they doing ANOTHER heroes-take-sides thing? That's 3 in a goddamn row. Does no-one at Marvel understand the law of diminishing returns?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

...gently caress are they doing ANOTHER heroes-take-sides thing? That's 3 in a goddamn row. Does no-one at Marvel understand the law of diminishing returns?

Superheroes fighting each other instead of super villains has been the goddamn status quo for at least a decade now. (Ignoring the constant times it has happened before that at which point it's the status quo for several decades.) Even now most villains are just treated as ignorable disposable danger-boxes while the REAL threat is SPIDER-MAN V. ROCKET RACCOON: DAWN OF RABIES

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

united we stand seems to me like it's the heroes coming together to fight some other group (ie the secret empire, an already established bad guy group)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Manatee Cannon posted:

united we stand seems to me like it's the heroes coming together to fight some other group (ie the secret empire, an already established bad guy group)

Until Carol realizes (and convinces others) that there is actually quite a lot of merit in their believes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

United We Stand!

No X-Men.

Okay one X-Man.

pubic works project posted:

God drat that's loving hideous!

And Marvel is going from one long-rear end event into another, into another? CW2 --> IvX --> Secret Empire. Thank goodness I only read a few Marvel books.

IvX affects like 3 comics.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Blockhouse posted:

The void of emotion in this is actually impressive

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Blockhouse posted:

The thing that keeps pulling at my eye is Captain America's shield and the shield in the center being the exact same.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OhFunny posted:

The thing that keeps pulling at my eye is Captain America's shield and the shield in the center being the exact same.

Well that's because he's at the center of the event so of course his shield is in the logo.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

I am not an artist, but wouldn't it make more sense to have Captain America in the center of the shot and posed so it looks like he's holding his shield up into the title?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Heathen posted:

I am not an artist, but wouldn't it make more sense to have Captain America in the center of the shot and posed so it looks like he's holding his shield up into the title?

Again, John Cassaday has not really been good for a long while.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's the other half of the truism that we're clearly meant to be thinking of (and is surely Cap et al's evil plan) that makes me think that's where it's headed. Plus Sam Wilson and the Winter Soldier would seem like obvious players in this and aren't in that promo, making me think there's another one coming.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

X-O posted:

Again, John Cassaday has not really been good for a long while.

...that's Cassaday?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That promo art looks like it should be on an SNES game cart.

Why can't Marvel just do storylines rather than big rear end events? Haven't they realized that events are not bringing in the readers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Heathen posted:

It' would also make sense for Cap to not break his arm to hold a shield up for a promo shot, but here we are.

• Locked thread