Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Avshalom posted:

qcs and gbs have scarred me so that when i hear the word "joke" i instinctively bristle a little

same when i see "comedy forum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The ideology eater posted:

personally i think qcs should go back to being an obvious trap

Right?!

I had hoped the "GBS whines about D&D" thread was one, but it wasn't. Just a bad, bad thread.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

GOLD

GET IT

LIKE HIS FAVOURITE COLOUR

OF SHOWER

Was thinking more "That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I still need to reply to rudatron in culture war thread but I literally read his first post to me and walked away from the desk because christ

he means well but that post dude c'monnnnnnnn

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yeah, i said rihanna probably deserved and we should hear chris brown out. on this, a comedy forum. why can't you all take Jokes

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

I still need to reply to rudatron in culture war thread but I literally read his first post to me and walked away from the desk because christ

Quote, please.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So are there any good threads in D&D these days? It's weird looking at it not through the reports forum.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

that dude has a talent when it comes to using multiple paragraphs to say absolutely nothing

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah, he's very much "part of the problem."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Volkerball posted:

yeah, i said rihanna probably deserved and we should hear chris brown out. on this, a comedy forum. why can't you all take Jokes

This post needs more Zoe Quinn.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So are there any good threads in D&D these days? It's weird looking at it not through the reports forum.

mideast thread is still good, if you dont mind depressing news

2017 gonna be a golden year for eepol not seen since 2014

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Absurd Alhazred posted:

nope

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

also i like yoko ono

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

idk. me thread has gotten much worse over the last year or so it feels like, but that's just as much a product of the subject as anything.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I like the Big Box Stores thread, mostly because it's about their demise.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Berke Negri posted:

mideast thread is still good, if you dont mind depressing news

2017 gonna be a golden year for eepol not seen since 2014

Oh, poo poo. That reminds me. I guess I/P is going back to be poo poo again. :smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Avshalom posted:

as of 4pm yesterday i've got exciting news for you :unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edAxujKev1I

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNyDT4VeJXE

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Horseshoe theory posted:

I like the Big Box Stores thread, mostly because it's about their demise.

Schadenfreude threads are good, I guess. Hence my love for the Unicorn thread.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, poo poo. That reminds me. I guess I/P is going back to be poo poo again. :smith:

we got spoiled for too long

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Is the Agents of Shield show as good as Luke Cage / Jessica Jones or is it just network blah

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i think the best thing for the forums would be if someone could write some sort of script that could autoban people based on whether or not they have a bunch of reddit links in their browser history

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Berke Negri posted:

also i like yoko ono

I don't care for her music, but I do genuinely recognize her artistic talent.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Absurd Alhazred posted:

negrotown and misogynoir have really good days at times for discussions at the moment as well

also there is always the shining city on a hill that is dad chat

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Berke Negri posted:

shouldn't you be posting in gbs instead of here

i don't really post in gbs very much either

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Is the Agents of Shield show as good as Luke Cage / Jessica Jones or is it just network blah

it's like the CBC ripoff of the netflix marvel shows

it's okay i guess

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

corn in the bible posted:

i don't really post in gbs very much either

weird since you seem like a natural fit

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

politoons, is of course, still terrible but oddly seemingly untouched by all the afflictions inflicted everywhere else

just still the same poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

politoons is depressing. how many times can you post "glenn mccoy sucks"?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

the subsaharan africa thread, but i imagine you're not welcome there

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

oh no its real bad

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Horseshoe theory posted:

Quote, please.

rudatron posted:

Neither you nor I have the ability to dictate what the societal and political pressure is going to be, that's not under our control. What is under our control is our behavior, which should be conducted wisely.

But the standard idpol activist strategy of alienating potential allies, conducting useless gestures for virtue signaling, and generally obnoxious behavior, has led to president Trump, so I'd hazard a guess that that societal and political pressure is not going to go in the direction you want it to.

rudatron posted:

All I doing is inverting tesseration's logic. His claim was that, since talking doesn't solve anything, we're seceding that agency to the abstract trends and forces of social pressure, that absolves you of acting respectfully. Even leaving the first, really dubious assumption intact, that talking doesn't solve anything, what is social pressure but the aggregate of individual actions? Worse, what makes you think acting like a douchebag is going to pressure someone in the direction you want? If they have a backbone, they're not going to take that lying down, they're gonna react against you, find others who share that same animosity of you, and work with them.

In light of recent events, which possibility seems more likely? Given that the unthinkable has happened, it's it time that the unquestionable assumptions being presented here get questioned?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

did someone seriously draw a smug empire state building to commemorate 9/11? why?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Berke Negri posted:

you can be posting foes with rotd if you want bebop

i approve

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

the subsaharan africa thread, but i imagine you're not welcome there

Ethiopia is more Sahara-adjacent.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Hey kids we heard you like the xmen and mutants, but hey check out these guys called inhumans they are wat cooler than the xmen and you will love them and we have full rights so let's just make the show about them cause why not

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Absurd Alhazred posted:

i/p

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Ethiopia is more Sahara-adjacent.

I feel like you shouldn't talk about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

did someone seriously draw a smug empire state building to commemorate 9/11? why?

Tim Kreider is an acolyte of Carlos Latuff, that's why.

• Locked thread