Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

You can see more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Your personal performance will improve.

I don't seem to be affected by processing performance and mine is set to like 20 or whatever. You can set a separate FOV for vehicles too.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Fuckin' blew up like 8 planes before I realized this stupid rear end behemoth medal wasn't tracking anything goddamnit :dice:

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Where's the boner krew tonight looking for some shooty man's and horse killin

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Chemmy posted:

That but paying attention to what [s]snipers[s] Reddit want.

FTFY. Though its much the same thing, they always gush over the hill wookies making 1000 yard headshots, meanwhile wookie's team is losing by 500 tickets.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
That's why I despise the Recon class even though it's my favourite to play as.

Instead of having 9 players on each team on opposite loving mountainsides plinking away while their teammates slug it out, they should be helping push the front lines with flares, calling out vehicles for friendless to take care of and setting traps in defensive positions.

But then again, this is reality so :shepicide:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I always liked how Red Orchestra did it: classes were restricted to a certain ratio. You could only have like 3 snipers on a team.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
I'm shooting right now

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Three goons with arty trucks on Sinai. Enemy behemoth was afraid to leave the spawn. Beastie mail and I combined for 85 kills

:henget:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Yeah that poo poo ruled. Multiple shells harassing a single sniper.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Hey how does chat work if people are not in a party? For PS4? If my mic is live, can anybody in my squad hear me regardless?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

That's how it works on xbone so I'd assume so, yeah.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Sorry krew, technical difficulties and I should probably be asleep anyway.

Also who the heck prank calls ANYBODY that was very bizarre and in depth...

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I just spent the last few hours playing on the absolute worst pubbie team, getting steamrolled every map. But at least I finally got support to level 10, so I never need to play that class again! Not for a while at least (until I've forgotten how much I don't like it, or they pull its Nerf sponsorship).

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Support is my favirite class, but it's level 10, so I'm on the slog of trying to get assault to level 10.

Question: what grenades does everyone use? I used impact for a long time becausr they're harder to avoid, but gas has been working really well for me.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Any attack plane tips beastie or any other good pilots?

I love my darts but I kind of want to switch it up. The biggest thing keeping me on the darts is the fact that the fighter is better for dogfighting

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Snak posted:

Support is my favirite class, but it's level 10, so I'm on the slog of trying to get assault to level 10.

Question: what grenades does everyone use? I used impact for a long time becausr they're harder to avoid, but gas has been working really well for me.

Incindiary or light anti tank. I hate gas grenades in general, because they gently caress up your teammates aiming and vision even if they don't do damage.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Incendiary grenades. Area denial and if you throw one on a stopped tank you can get like 15 damage on it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Finger Prince posted:

Incindiary or light anti tank. I hate gas grenades in general, because they gently caress up your teammates aiming and vision even if they don't do damage.

Yeah I use gas grenades for area denial on the approach to points. Like we're sitting on the flag and the enemy has to move through gas to get to it, but we aren't standing in it.

I used to use the light anti-tank, but honestly it just feels like having 2 grenades of slightly more limited usage is just plain better than have 1 grenade.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

FastestGunAlive posted:

I love my darts but I kind of want to switch it up. The biggest thing keeping me on the darts is the fact that the fighter is better for dogfighting

I started using the rocket fighter a bit more. If you can get people to spot like we did the other night it is pretty good against armor. They wreck bombers and if you lead enough it's pretty easy to hit attack planes.

With the rockets against armor you should always get altitude and come straight down on them.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

FastestGunAlive posted:

I've recently moved to the attack plane after using the trench fighter pretty exclusively the last couple months. Having an effective gun to strafe with is so satisfying and I can still use the spotting flares that my teammates probably ignore.

I just dogfight bombers and other attack planes because trying to out maneuver fighters is so difficult. If I get a fighter on my tail I've found leveling out is best whether you have a gunner or are switching seats to allow sustained fire instead of picking away at each other in a dogfight, which I almost always lose. Incidentally, I don't get chewed up by fighters nearly as much as I thought I would. Dumb enemy fighters often leave me alone if I just ignore them and keeping them in the sky with me is preferable to someone spawning in a plane who actually wants to kill me.

I also utilize friendly AA a lot more. If I notice someone is on a gun (my map zoom is maxed at 500) and I have an enemy plane behind me I'll try to fly right over their position.

I've also just accepted that my survivability is a lot lower than when I'm in a fighter. There are just going to be times I get shot down and there isn't much I could have done because I'm in a slow plane, but the increased firepower is a fair trade-off.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

My trick that works 95% of the time in an attack plane with a fighter on my tail: speed up, dip low, then pull straight up and kill the engine. Pubbies are almost always full-throttle so the sudden change in direction + immediate slowdown usually has them fly past you. You may stall out and fall back downwards to pick up speed again but it's enough to shake them the first time, and sometimes they'll flip out and wind up in front of you for the kill.

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.
Don't be fooled by the tank hunter attack plane, it is clunky and awkward to use on actual ground attack. It is the funniest dogfighter now, however, ever since dart flyovers were nerfed.

http://i.imgur.com/zeQHZKS.gifv

ooh, bonus: http://i.imgur.com/imp6sGJ.gifv

Analdeath fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 15, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Ground attack is fun for strafing lil infantry but holy hell I was rammed four times in one round by idiot fighter pilots. Still gotta work out the bombs a bit better but I think I may be able to get quad kills w them like the darts. Leveling out and swapping to the rear seat seems to be better than trying to evade, not really a fan of that but so long as it works

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Analdeath posted:

Don't be fooled by the tank hunter attack plane, it is clunky and awkward to use on actual ground attack. It is the funniest dogfighter now, however, ever since dart flyovers were nerfed.

http://i.imgur.com/zeQHZKS.gifv

ooh, bonus: http://i.imgur.com/imp6sGJ.gifv

a2a kills with the boop cannon are so satisfying, its also real good as an anti wook tool

also if you dont run smokes on every class you are an objectively bad player

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Why would you run smokes on support, the objectively best class, when you get free smoke mortars?

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.

Snak posted:

Why would you run smokes on support, the objectively best class, when you get free smoke mortars?

To stymie and harass tanks until I limpet them, also harassing snipers

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
DROB likes to call limpets "lumpy chargrs" and I can't stop saying it now haha

Also editing FOV to like 80 and upping minimap size was a game changer this week, I thought I'd already mucked with my FOV enough but it definitely helped to go further.

... now that I think about it moving the tv six feet closer to my face probably had a lot to do with this too.

Gunshow Poophole fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 15, 2017

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Lmao if you ain't using ammo packs to spam incendiary and limpet

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've never used a limped without dying immediately after.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Lmao if you ain't using ammo packs to spam incendiary and limpet

The self reload speed for limpet (is it a timer?) is so slow, even if you survive sticking one to a tank (let alone something quick like an arty truck), by the time you restock he's driven half way across the map. Every single support gadget is so hobbled by restocking cooldowns it's easily the most annoying class to play.

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.

Finger Prince posted:

The self reload speed for limpet (is it a timer?) is so slow, even if you survive sticking one to a tank (let alone something quick like an arty truck), by the time you restock he's driven half way across the map. Every single support gadget is so hobbled by restocking cooldowns it's easily the most annoying class to play.

It's 8 seconds?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Analdeath posted:

It's 8 seconds?

How far can you drive in an artillery truck in 8 seconds?
Here's a hint, it's farther than you can sprint.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I always run ammo packs and HE mortars. The cooldown on mortars is a mystery and makes no sense, but free smoke and being able to nail buildings and stationary vehicles is really good. Constantly resupplying everyone I see is worth it. And also never running out of ammo myself. I have almost every LMG unlocked, so I just use whatever feels right for map.

Analdeath
Aug 12, 2007

Chilled-out entertainer.

Finger Prince posted:

How far can you drive in an artillery truck in 8 seconds?
Here's a hint, it's farther than you can sprint.

I know the specific action we're talking about is "drive in a straight line without loving up" but you're still giving too much credit to pubbies.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Finger Prince posted:

Lord please help your child to discover the glory of limpet charging buildings and snipers

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know what servers you're playing on, but Empire's Edge always has an arty truck that just drives back and forth across the non-ocean side of the map. As soon as it takes one hit from anything it just books it to the other side of the map. Shoots things from over there. Then comes back. Just drives back and forth the whole time. I don't think anyone ever kills it. I've tried.

edit: If I am close enough to a snipers building to limpet charge it, I can just go in and kill the sniper, it's not like they're gonna turn around. Instead, I kill snipers with mortars, which have a 100m range.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Dropping 2 limpets on a heavy tank or landship is totally doable. Worst case senario, 1 limpet and a light anti-tank 'nade will gently caress them up good enough for your team mates/squad to finish up.

It's also funny to hear all the anti support talk here. It's my most played class I think. That or recon anyway. The Bennet Mercie (or whatever the gently caress) unleashes hell on anyone you point it at, ammo pouches for instant ammo replenishment and the anti vehicle aspect is just topo hilarious.

On maps like Argonne, i tend to swap over to the frag crossbow and incendinary grenades for added hilarity.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, but 2 limpets it what, 90 damage? and totally suicidal? You can do almost that much damage with mortars from a safe distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Spotting flares should regernerate like mortars.