Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

low budget eddie murphy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Fuuuuuuuuuck I have to be at work during the game tomorrow.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Skwirl posted:

Will Smith, Margot Robbie and? Boomerang man chugging a beer?

Margot is actually two of the reasons

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

We had an ice storm in the DC/Baltimore area a couple of weeks ago. This was the outcome. https://youtu.be/Ea4mVMXj9hw

Do not drive on ice. Full stop.
also do not drive in DC poo poo's like Mad Max here god drat

Additionally, even if you have the right gear and are from a state that ice is normal in, other people on the roads are not going to drive accordingly. They are your biggest threat.

That video, god drat

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

That's the best part of every movie, if it was good you're all hyped and like "poo poo, that was a great movie" and if it was terrible it means you're done. Suicide Squad was also shorter than an average football game, so even if you hated it, it's still less wasted time than probably a dozen games various people here have watched.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

shirts and skins posted:

We had an ice storm in the DC/Baltimore area a couple of weeks ago. This was the outcome. https://youtu.be/Ea4mVMXj9hw

Comparing the Beltway to Mad Max is pretty accurate

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Truth. Driving on the beltway is a risky proposition in the best weather. loving DC traffic and Maryland drivers.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ive watched that video over 100 times.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Skwirl posted:

That's the best part of every movie, if it was good you're all hyped and like "poo poo, that was a great movie" and if it was terrible it means you're done. Suicide Squad was also shorter than an average football game, so even if you hated it, it's still less wasted time than probably a dozen games various people here have watched.

Yeah but suicide squad's ending is like the very last bit of diarrhea coming out when you get stomach flu. Ultimately refreshing and good but you still feel horrible about what you went through. Also you just stared alternately at the inside of the toilet as your stomach strained to fire out an imaginary bit of food that came out the sixth time you vomited, and the wall in front of the toilet as the bottom drops out of your world and the world drops out of your bottom

A great movie ending is the last bite of dessert of a multicourse meal, you loved every bit of it but can't handle much more and fortunately it ended at the best time

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a patagonian cavy posted:

Yeah but suicide squad's ending is like the very last bit of diarrhea coming out when you get stomach flu. Ultimately refreshing and good but you still feel horrible about what you went through. Also you just stared alternately at the inside of the toilet as your stomach strained to fire out an imaginary bit of food that came out the sixth time you vomited, and the wall in front of the toilet as the bottom drops out of your world and the world drops out of your bottom

A great movie ending is the last bite of dessert of a multicourse meal, you loved every bit of it but can't handle much more and fortunately it ended at the best time

I'd still rather re-watch Suicide Squad than the Cardinals-Seahawks tie game, if only because it's much shorter.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Skwirl posted:

Will Smith, Margot Robbie and? Boomerang man chugging a beer?

Bingo. I thought Jai Courtney was the best in that movie and Margot Robie did a good Harley Quinn. Man, I could write pages about that movie, it had so much potential. Those three did an excellent, and the casting of Viola Davis as Amanda Waller was a great decision (although I would have preferred someone like Patricia Belcher). They had so much potential and didn't do anything with it. I watched the Superman vs. Batman Directors Cut and its such a better movie than the theatrical release, then I watched the Directors cut of Suicide Squad and I couldn't tell what was added in, it did nothing for the film. Like I said, I could write pages about that movie and what might have gone wrong, but there are some gems in terms of the performances by those three.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I'd still rather re-watch Suicide Squad than the Cardinals-Seahawks tie game, if only because it's much shorter.

That game was incredible and I hope a playoff game goes to double OT or something

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Dudes mostly drive pretty good around DC, IMO, but poo poo gets really bad in Northern Virginia around Woodbridge usually.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a patagonian cavy posted:

That game was incredible and I hope a playoff game goes to double OT or something

I would be 100% okay with it being Chiefs Steelers, if only because I would have a perfect excuse for why I was late the next morning to my 6 am shift.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

Strobe posted:

I would be 100% okay with it being Chiefs Steelers, if only because I would have a perfect excuse for why I was late the next morning to my 6 am shift.

I'm extremely okay with it as long as the chiefs win, preferably in a heartbreaking way

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

I actually liked Men In Black 3 a lot. Also, he was like one of three good things in Suicide Squad.

He was the worst thing about Suicide Squad. It wasn't a comic book movie, it was a Will Smith movie. It even had a minute long close up of his face while he made a difficult decision to save the day!:barf:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

For the first time in my life I really don't know if i am in fact ready for some football. :ohdear:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
TODAY BEAUTIFUL BRADY THROWS BLAZIN' BALLS

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a new study bible! posted:

Dudes mostly drive pretty good around DC, IMO, but poo poo gets really bad in Northern Virginia around Woodbridge usually.

I've lived in DC and Arlington coming up on 5 years now, and the drivers all across the DC/NoVa/Maryland area are easily the worst, least predictable, least competent drivers I have ever seen in the US. And I've driven pretty much everywhere in this country. Even Boston over these last holidays was a breath of fresh air.

I never pass people exiting the highway around here, because of the high likelihood that they will cut back across the gore zone. I thought my dad would have a heart attack while I drove him around. You don't see poo poo like this in the NW.

If we're going for gradations around here, I haven't noticed a difference in Woodbridge (besides 95 being constantly in traffic) but I find Maryland a little worse because they don't have vehicle inspections so you always add in a bunch of disabled vehicles.

Woo! Now to figure out the best way to meet my friends in DC for the game, Metro is probably under construction and I'm sure not driving.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
When I was young lad in the early 90s, I lived in the DC metro area. And I always remember that traffic being crazy as all poo poo.

I can only imagine how worse it is now.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
gently caress Maryland and their drivers. Nobody from Maryland uses their blinkers. Not a one.

Whoa there motherfucker, Woodbridge is NOT Northern Virginia.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
It's the frontier

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

shirts and skins posted:

I've lived in DC and Arlington coming up on 5 years now, and the drivers all across the DC/NoVa/Maryland area are easily the worst, least predictable, least competent drivers I have ever seen in the US. And I've driven pretty much everywhere in this country. Even Boston over these last holidays was a breath of fresh air.

You must get down on your knees and worship Metro Atlanta, the city with the worst traffic and worst drivers on a per capita basis

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Turdsdown Tom posted:

TODAY BEAUTIFUL BRADY THROWS BLAZIN' BALLS

that game is going to be a very enjoyable five minutes

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

shirts and skins posted:

I never pass people exiting the highway around here, because of the high likelihood that they will cut back across the gore zone. I thought my dad would have a heart attack while I drove him around. You don't see poo poo like this in the NW.

If we're going for gradations around here, I haven't noticed a difference in Woodbridge (besides 95 being constantly in traffic) but I find Maryland a little worse because they don't have vehicle inspections so you always add in a bunch of disabled vehicles.

Woo! Now to figure out the best way to meet my friends in DC for the game, Metro is probably under construction and I'm sure not driving.

why do you think that area is the worst?

my most hated area to drive is 60 miles NW of Chicago (Rockford) because it's 50% aggressive Chicagoans and 50% sconnies and the disparity in driving styles is completely insane and unpredictable

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HannibalBarca posted:

You must get down on your knees and worship Metro Atlanta, the city with the worst traffic and worst drivers on a per capita basis

Yeah, Atlanta is also real bad. Like 10 lanes of traffic and everyone is driving bad poo poo insane, and you just hope you don't die getting to the airport.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

No Irish Need Imply posted:

gently caress Maryland and their drivers. Nobody from Maryland uses their blinkers. Not a one.

Whoa there motherfucker, Woodbridge is NOT Northern Virginia.

Drive up 95 from Richmond and tell me where the minivans with 5 youth soccer magnets start. NoVa is basically everything north of Fredericksburg these days, that whole corridor developed like crazy.

mastershakeman posted:

why do you think that area is the worst?

my most hated area to drive is 60 miles NW of Chicago (Rockford) because it's 50% aggressive Chicagoans and 50% sconnies and the disparity in driving styles is completely insane and unpredictable

Yeah, that's kind of a lot of it--different drivers from everywhere mixing. DC has drivers from all over the US bringing their bad habits, *and* a lot of international drivers who have no loving clue what they're doing on US roads. And gently caress diplomat plates, they just don't care. Add in an archaic, bewildering, and poorly maintained infrastructure (looking at you, NoVa) and hideous traffic and you have a recipe for continued disaster. And God help you if it snows.

A Man and his dog posted:

Yeah, Atlanta is also real bad. Like 10 lanes of traffic and everyone is driving bad poo poo insane, and you just hope you don't die getting to the airport.

I'll have to try it again, my last drive there was 2010 before I moved to DC. I've driven all over North Carolina though, and they have some crazy drivers but people are on average much better.

If I wasn't in money saving mode maybe I would have driven to Atlanta for today.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Atlanta is either fine (if complicated) or a waking loving nightmare depending on when you're driving through it. If you're off peak hours you can hold your own but during rush hour or at night you're probably going to end up dead. Especially if you're around Sandy Speings where all the rich assholes have hummers and escalades and drive like it's Vigilante 8.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

shirts and skins posted:

Drive up 95 from Richmond and tell me where the minivans with 5 youth soccer magnets start. NoVa is basically everything north of Fredericksburg these days, that whole corridor developed like crazy.

Yeah, that's kind of a lot of it--different drivers from everywhere mixing. DC has drivers from all over the US bringing their bad habits, *and* a lot of international drivers who have no loving clue what they're doing on US roads. And gently caress diplomat plates, they just don't care. Add in an archaic, bewildering, and poorly maintained infrastructure (looking at you, NoVa) and hideous traffic and you have a recipe for continued disaster. And God help you if it snows.

I'll have to try it again, my last drive there was 2010 before I moved to DC. I've driven all over North Carolina though, and they have some crazy drivers but people are on average much better.

If I wasn't in money saving mode maybe I would have driven to Atlanta for today.

Yeah, Woodbridge is where the traffic running south always gets bananas. Driving north it isn't too bad, but more often than not I get caught up in congestion there. I really never have too much trouble in DC proper, but maybe that's because I usually drive in off hours or whatever.

Dudes in NJ drive way worse. If you aren't going 150 mph some dude is going to get right on your rear end and ride it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Although literally the worst traffic I've ever driven in was trying to drive into the Tyson's corner parking garage at 1 PM on Black Friday.

Though that was my own fault for even trying that.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Although literally the worst traffic I've ever driven in was trying to drive into the Tyson's corner parking garage at 1 PM on Black Friday.

Though that was my own fault for even trying that.

Oooof. Yeah. Never do that. I actually go to Tyson's on Black Friday (usu. late morning) but I take the Silver Line in. Waaaay less stressful.

And NJ is just like California with toll roads and without lane splitting motorcycles. If people are going 100, just stay out of the left lanes.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Lol you sorry fuckers.

You haven't seen unpredictable driving until you've been on the road with stateside drivers, Japanese tourists, Korean tourists, Chinese tourists, Chamorro drivers who have never seen a highway and were taught by the instructor that bribes the DMV, Micronesian drivers who have only driven on the one potholed road that goes around their island at 10 MPH, Filipino drivers who don't know what a lane is because they're used to filling every last cubic inch of open space with a vehicle, and Aussies who haven't driven on the right side of the road, all in one six lane block.

Death and Destruction surround you at all times.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

shirts and skins posted:

Oooof. Yeah. Never do that. I actually go to Tyson's on Black Friday (usu. late morning) but I take the Silver Line in. Waaaay less stressful.

And NJ is just like California with toll roads and without lane splitting motorcycles. If people are going 100, just stay out of the left lanes.

That's actually what I had to ultimately do. I sat in the gridlocked parking garage for an hour first though.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Abugadu posted:

Lol you sorry fuckers.

You haven't seen unpredictable driving until you've been on the road with stateside drivers, Japanese tourists, Korean tourists, Chinese tourists, Chamorro drivers who have never seen a highway and were taught by the instructor that bribes the DMV, Micronesian drivers who have only driven on the one potholed road that goes around their island at 10 MPH, Filipino drivers who don't know what a lane is because they're used to filling every last cubic inch of open space with a vehicle, and Aussies who haven't driven on the right side of the road, all in one six lane block.

Death and Destruction surround you at all times.

India.

Come at me, bro

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
When I took taxis in china I just threw my cares to the wind and knew my number would eventually come up. Almost did when I was hitchhiking and a motorcycle picked me up, going like 40mph on a 1lane road next to a cliff.

Football chat: i cant even watch the game today, have to do some lame class :( go hawks

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 14, 2017

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Cambodia is the only country I've been to where the actual paved highway had no lane markers.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

What is the post apocalyptic movie comparison to the Ft Duquense Bridge and the Parkway East at 4:30 pm? Because its hell on Earth and I wish for the death of everyone around me because gently caress them I want to go home.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Adun posted:

Cambodia is the only country I've been to where the actual paved highway had no lane markers.

The federal government in India built a highway from Hyderabad to their airport and its basically the only decent, if unlit, road in the region. It's also the first time most Indians will get the chance to go faster than 20 mph or whatever.

Drunk driving is a really bad problem in India. When you take the highway to the airport, you see tons of wrecked lorries and cars, some still smoldering, where it's obvious no one survived. Just people that got drunk and wanted to go fast.

Hyderabad didn't really have rescue vehicles or toe trucks or anything, so the villages along the highway would come out to scavenge the various pieces from crashed and burned out vehicles. Over the weeks things would get more and more bare until it was light enough to load up the frame somehow and take it to do god knows what with it.

Basically welcome to trumps America.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Costa Rica isn't THAT bad. But half the time in the taxi you think you are going to die or fall off a cliff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

FizFashizzle posted:

India.

Come at me, bro
:respek:

• Locked thread