Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
It's OK, dude. Those people are shitheads and the insurance guy is, well, doing what insurance guys have to do. Sucks about the dog, but that's not your fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I'm still pissed beyond belief about it though. I know they were ticketed for negligence thanks to the insurance guy. I'd really like to see them hit with the maximum penalty in terms of fines, as well as a donation to a local shelter for supplies (LEASHES) and whatever else. I don't want their money, though now that I know they have homeowner's insurance that covers it, the little money demon wants to dance and punish them with increased insurance premiums and a quick payout (the negligence laws are loving tight here) and donate most of it to a handful of shelters.

I loving hate that money demon though, so this joint is to push out some of the desire to sue like a huge dick when my injuries were so minor, it may have set me back $10 at Walgreens. Trying not to be a greedy rear end in a top hat because I was raised better than that.

They better be drat glad I haven't pushed that button already. I know way too many people that would have had an attorney on hold while they wait at the ER.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I know. Still sucks.

But Frank's cheering me up. And my blood pressure is back to normal-ish.

Shouldn't you have referred his insurance agency to your insurance agency?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably. If I had anything worth insuring besides my car. I moved here with what fit in my car with a dog and two cats and no job prospects, do you really think I live in a place or own anything worth insuring?

Still doesn't eliminate their liability.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Grand Tour is really good tonight

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I keep thinking that comes out on fridays and I know I've watched it on thursdays.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My house just got tepeed from the inside.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
H-anchorpe and L-octopusve?

:confused:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LingcodKilla posted:

My house just got tepeed from the inside.

sick hooyah family foto

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
First week of school down. Two more to go. Haven't been pulled over by Mrs. Rad yet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

DownByTheWooter posted:

sick hooyah family foto

She likes me in a uniform ok? Reminds her of our first dance 23 years ago. Besides that's the only Navy stuff up in the house or car.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

LingcodKilla posted:

She likes me in a uniform ok? Reminds her of our first dance 23 years ago. Besides that's the only Navy stuff up in the house or car.

Except for the anchor hanging above said photo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Syrian Lannister posted:

Except for the anchor hanging above said photo

I consider that part of the photo. It's like collage or something. $10 at Fred Myers.

I got more wall space dedicated to my minor league baseball hat collection in my bedroom so I think it's in acceptable boundaries.

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 14, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

HANCHORPE

LOCTOPUSVE

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm really loving surprised I still keep some of my old army poo poo. At the badgering of my mother, I kept my class As suit. I have a set of unfuckered with DCUs that I last wore in Iraq. Still have my duffel, it's just useful. Same for the footlocker. And laundry bag. And my ninja suit thermals (I use those every winter and only this year one finally got a run). And a pair of steel toe suede boots. And all sorts of other miscellaneous poo poo because it's durable and still somewhat useful. Ammo can, cot, that LAW I turned into a bong.

I'm not a packrat by any means, but some of that poo poo is just so loving durable that it's hard to throw it away if it's still useful.

I have nothing on display though. No shadow boxes or pictures. Just off-white walls and ugly cabinets.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I have some militaria on the wall of my house, a nice plaque I got as a going-away from one of my commands, etc. Should I take that junk down?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

LingcodKilla posted:

Just don't let your son steal any valor with that fake-rear end uniform I was in the Navy I know the difference!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

that LAW I turned into a bong

:catstare: I want to smoke from that bong

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Pesticide20 posted:

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

DownByTheWooter posted:

I have some militaria on the wall of my house, a nice plaque I got as a going-away from one of my commands, etc. Should I take that junk down?

If it makes you happy to look at it, keep it up. Being embarrassed to have reminders of your military time is an over reaction to not being a moto douche after getting out. Find a happy medium and live in it. I still wear my green hoodies and my old navy working jacket every now and again.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I invested all my military gear into the fun money fund and don't regret it one bit.

People pay a lot for that poo poo, yo.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I've got a couple of my nicer things hanging up (commission, DD214, a couple of farewell lithos). Everything else is in a tote or a box somewhere.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Commute today was lovely. Holiday traffic mixed with a bus fire on the 101. The accident on the offramp intersection was insult to injury.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I'm watching drone races on espn right now. And they are loving insane.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
What's a LAW?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

lite_sleepr posted:

What's a LAW?

https://youtu.be/NQoyIlyu6-U

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I can't find the pictures from when I was making it, but here's one in lovely closet light.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:stare:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
That loving owns.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Holy poo poo that's pretty neat.

You can tell that by the way it is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I've kept my aircraft pubs and flight gear. My pubs bag is untouched from my last flight. There's still data on the performance card and a oily pair of nomex gloves stuffed into a pocket.

I've kept all of my patches too. Those are cool. Then there's the EVA map from SERE that I hung onto.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I actually use my aircrew aids at work. Mostly for eyeballing transit and loiter times and for the pages of contact info for a poo poo ton of squadrons across the country. And a bunch of my patches are on the wall over my desk.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I still got my boot camp underwear with my div #.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Godholio posted:

I actually use my aircrew aids at work. Mostly for eyeballing transit and loiter times and for the pages of contact info for a poo poo ton of squadrons across the country. And a bunch of my patches are on the wall over my desk.

That's cool man. My 965th AACS flying scarf hangs on a doorknob in my room. I never got a 962nd AACS one.

And my leather jacket? No idea where that went.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Pesticide20 posted:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I'm still using the green fleece winter cap and the backpack I bought for a deployment, and in the summer I use my boonie hat when I'm doing yard work.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i still wear a pair of bevelles i wore in iraq

wondering if its worth it to get em resoled

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I don't even smoke but that law bong is giving me an urge for a taste of the reefer madness

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I posted that law bong years ago after I made it. There's a few pictures of it floating around, or were before they probably fell off from disuse. There's a stencil of Bob Ross on it and a tree in the front sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Downstem snapped off in there and I haven't replaced it yet. Once that's fixed it will need a good cleaning. It's ugly, but it works when assembled.

• Locked thread