Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Deku Tree needs to have a deep booming voice. He's a giant tree FFS. That goron was pretty decent though. Also lol at people who say this game is ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm a grade A sucker for Nintendo bullshit.

I still didn't buy a Wii U though

I bought a Wii U for the inevitable Zelda game.

Which I already preordered on Switch.

poo poo.

(Splatoon, WWHD and TPHD, SM3DW, and being a better netflix box than the Wii all made it worth it anyway)

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Mahoning posted:

I assumed that was the King of Hyrule saying that. Later on I think he says something about "my daughter".

I rewatched it and this is what I heard too, sounded like the same voice and I assumed it was the King.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Cojawfee posted:

The Deku Tree needs to have a deep booming voice. He's a giant tree FFS. That goron was pretty decent though. Also lol at people who say this game is ugly.

I like how the game looks when things are within 50 feet of Link, but poo poo on the horizon looks pretty bad and muddy.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
i am nooooooot a fan of zelda's face. why are her eyes so ENORMOUS?? She looks like an alien. also i'm not holding out much hope for her being less of a damsel this time around

all the other races look fantastic though. Special shoutout to the shark zora and the sheikah enemy you see at one point.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

youcallthatatwist posted:

i am nooooooot a fan of zelda's face. why are her eyes so ENORMOUS?? She looks like an alien. also i'm not holding out much hope for her being less of a damsel this time around

all the other races look fantastic though. Special shoutout to the shark zora and the sheikah enemy you see at one point.

Her eyes are only like 50% to full on 90s anime eyes, surely they could be much more flying saucer like? Did you not partake in vintage anime?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I pre ordered just the game for Switch, have not preordered a Switch yet though. Kinda hoping it reappears on Amazon since that's where I preordered the game from. I'd rather not deal with any big box stores.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

Looks like BotW is going to be my only Switch launch title. I had myself convinced that Mario would be a launch title as well, and I'm proper gutted that it's going to be 10+ months and pissed off at myself for getting my hopes up for no reason. I was 4th in a queue of about 12 people this morning when the GameStop conveniently located here in Bumfuck, Nowhere (postal code = who gives a gently caress) opened and I had no problem getting a grey Switch, I just wish there were more launch titles. Not that I don't have a ludicrous backlog everywhere else, of course.

I'm not interested in any of the special editions of Zelda and I'm just going to pre-order the regular Switch edition on Amazon for the 20% Prime discount, but I'm not going to slag off anyone who really had their heart set on some fun collectibles and got burned. I'm a huge fan of the Lunar RPG series, apart from the hideous abomination on the DS, and I paid nearly $200 last year for a pristine copy of Eternal Blue on the PSX with a copy of the hardcover strategy guide that was still in the plastic wrap.

I really wish I could justify getting a Switch. I really, really want one, even though I can't ignore just how boneheaded a lot of the hardware decisions are and the really unfortunate launch lineup. But I'm pretty determined to play BotW on the Switch and, well, I'm probably not getting one of those for a while, so :smith:

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Harrow posted:

I really wish I could justify getting a Switch. I really, really want one, even though I can't ignore just how boneheaded a lot of the hardware decisions are and the really unfortunate launch lineup. But I'm pretty determined to play BotW on the Switch and, well, I'm probably not getting one of those for a while, so :smith:

I'm reasonably confident that I will be happy with my purchase in the long-term, but this could be a Wii situation. It took me ages to get a Wii and I never really cared for it after I got one, but the Wii sold like mad. Meanwhile, I adore the Wii U which was a commercial failure.

Now that I think of Zelda, though, I would like to get one of those nice hardcover strategy guides. I have one for just about every main Zelda game there is... even Spirit Tracks, which I don't own.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm reasonably confident that I will be happy with my purchase in the long-term, but this could be a Wii situation. It took me ages to get a Wii and I never really cared for it after I got one, but the Wii sold like mad. Meanwhile, I adore the Wii U which was a commercial failure.

Now that I think of Zelda, though, I would like to get one of those nice hardcover strategy guides. I have one for just about every main Zelda game there is... even Spirit Tracks, which I don't own.

I actually made a Switch preorder this morning but canceled it a few hours ago in an attempt to be responsible in some vague, probably meaningless way, but man, BotW on the Switch is extremely tempting and it's tough to say no to it. Maybe I'll get lucky and it won't be impossible to get a Switch in March or April when I have a better grasp on whether it's something I should get now or wait a year on.

I'm with you on the Wii and Wii U, too.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Just do like me and play Zelda on Wii U and buy the Switch once it has games

Doesn't need to be so upsetting

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If it turns out to look better than it does in those comparison videos, I'll do that. I hope the release version on Wii U isn't that washed out and fuzzy. I try not to be too much of a graphics nerd but that was a pretty stark difference for a game with a really pretty aesthetic.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Just do like me and play Zelda on Wii U and buy the Switch once it has games

Doesn't need to be so upsetting

That's what I'm doing. And thanks to Amazon and the pre order and and a Christmas gift card, it's free!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Game looks awesome. Except for the OoT style fairies. gently caress those creepy things.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Waltzing Along posted:

Game looks awesome. Except for the OoT style fairies. gently caress those creepy things.

I knew I forgot someone when talking about how good those short grabs of voice acting are in older 3D Zeldas!

The Great Fairy and her laugh exists to make you happy the game isn't more realistic.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I also think there should not be full voice acting, but the voices they do have are fine, and possibly even good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

were great fairies even in skyward sword?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I wasn't really feeling the old lady in the beginning but everyone else seems good. We don't really know if the person who's voice we hear when we see the Great Deku Tree in the trailer is actually the GDT, or the King of Hyrule, or what.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

a.lo posted:

were great fairies even in skyward sword?

According to the Zelda Wiki, no.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I like voice acting because I have the imagination of a stone and can't make my own voices for characters in my head

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i have a hunch what epona would sound like

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/amiiboAlerts/status/820133297988648961

BOTW Amiibo are up. Guardian is already gone it looks like.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

guardian needs to calm down

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bobjr posted:

What do they do ingame?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wonder what the story is behind Zelda having the same kind of tunic and equipment as Link

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

bobjr posted:

Do we know what these actually do in game yet?

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

What do they do ingame?

Nobody knows but I hope the Zelda amiibo let's you play as Zelda.

It won't but I can still hope.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

BowieFett posted:

a zelda companion then

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Don't the older amiibo give various consumables and the TP wolf gives hearts?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the TP wolf gets you TP wolf

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nephzinho posted:

Yes, but Wolf Link doesn't give you hearts, instead it becomes a doggo buddy that helps you in your adventures. Its health is tied to some boring challenge room bs from TPHD

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

BowieFett posted:

I hope they don't do something so cool that I want to play the features they bring; I wonder if the Amiibo spoofer works on the Switch.

Also, shoutouts to the homie Bokoblin for that impressive nutsack he's swinging. Is that his weapon?

Nephzinho posted:

I thought the TP Wolf Link brought Wolf Link in the game as a companion?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I like Zelda's design in BOTW because it's creative and makes Aaron Diaz's design for her look even worse.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TFRazorsaw posted:

I like Zelda's design in BOTW because it's creative and makes Aaron Diaz's design for her look even worse.

what else did you expect from a man whose ego is somehow bigger than his forehead

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

After listening to all the languages the trailer is in, I have decided that Latin Spanish is the best one and I wish I could play that one

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

El Burbo posted:

After listening to all the languages the trailer is in, I have decided that Latin Spanish is the best one and I wish I could play that one

You can! Again, the Switch has no region locking.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

Who?

El Burbo posted:

The hell is Latin Spanish?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7YVjEpR7jg

but that video doesn't have the latin version, just Spain spanish at the end. Spain spanish would drive me insane with how they say some words
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRto9v9dXno

El Burbo fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 14, 2017

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

The hell is Latin Spanish?

Spanish where they don't say "cien" as "thien"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Mahoning posted:

You can! Again, the Switch has no region locking.

It'd be more effort than I'd be willing to put, I guess