Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What runs since Trauma Center were good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I only caught Sonic Adventure 2 and Mystery Race but both were pretty good.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Rirse posted:

What runs since Trauma Center were good?

BIG

THE

CAT

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Trauma Center: New Blood was cool to watch. I've never seen co-op mode.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was also very good. Great run, good commentary, and plenty of audience participation!

Sonic Adventure DX because of

The blind mystery race was great until the last game which was pretty boring.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Yeah, they should have done something even more nuts than the previous two games, or switched the order around. I lost interest when I saw that last game come up, after two curveballs.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I love it when Kirby says "Hiiii, I lost my mom to liver cancer"

EDIT: Omg this is the wrong AGDQ thread I'm sorry serious speedrun friends :/ Kirby and his speed runs rule

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Xelna is a loving machine, goddamn.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

KennyMan666 posted:

Run recommendations from various people
- Salt & Sanctuary by Grimelios. At least catch the Any Unicorn% which takes just a few minutes, it's hilarious.
I had never heard of this game before, and I almost shut it off once I saw where it was going. Very glad I did not. Its like a PG version of Werster's Pokemon Yellow Run.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Obligatory "last night highlights" enquiry (since mystery game tournament)?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Was/Is that Medibot on the couch behind Studio? I'm recognizing the voice, I think.

Also, can't donate, but greetings from Greece, Studio!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Serperoth posted:

Was/Is that Medibot on the couch behind Studio? I'm recognizing the voice, I think.

Also, can't donate, but greetings from Greece, Studio!

Yeah, it's Medibot reppin the good beard crew

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Studio runs are worth watching later because hey, it's Studio.

It doesn't hurt that the games are really fun and interesting. Plus some great donations and couch dev commentary.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

That Ducktales race is going right onto the list.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Some more recommendations:

- Woolfe: Red hood diaries - good commentary, good execution, nice game
- Duck Tales : Can there be a closer race? They were literally frames apart a lot of times. Must-see.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
The Ducktales race is definitely recommended, pretty short and unbelievably close the entire way through, also great commentary by Blechy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Yeah for real, everything about that Ducktales race was perfect.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Human: Fall Flat was short and fun.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'm surprised Doom 2016 isn't on the list. There's some pretty hilarious glitches in a AAA title from last year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Evil Badman posted:

I'm surprised Doom 2016 isn't on the list. There's some pretty hilarious glitches in a AAA title from last year.

The run neat, but it loses something not showing off the fun combat of DOOM by just skipping around through walls for most of the run.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Rirse posted:

The run neat, but it loses something not showing off the fun combat of DOOM by just skipping around through walls for most of the run.

That was honestly one of the things that turned me off from learning that run, despite the fact I loved that game to bits. The speedrun doesn't really resemble the reason I enjoyed the game.

that and you have to push 200 FPS and framerate dependant tricks are so annoying to work with

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I thought the entire Contra block was a solid stream of runs. The Contra 1 race was super-tight, and the Contra 3 glitchwarp run was quite :lol:.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
if we are still adding runs to the OP, then we need to add that Ducktales race this morning. holy crap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bleed was pretty good too. I liked the La-Mulana run as well, but it might not be for everyone since it was a hour and half long. Then again it took me 32 hours to beat La-Mulana, so that isn't that bad of a time!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
That Ratchet and Clank race just passed was simply amazing and good fun energy all around.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

How was Arkham City? I liked the game well enough when I played it, but I don't know if I'm up for a 90 minutes speedrun.

KennyMan666 posted:

Specifically recommending anything in AwfulGDQ is redundant, really.

Yeah, I can't think of a GDQ event where the awful block wasn't great fun. Even the more mediocre runs usually have a few outstanding moments, and frequently switching games means things don't get stale.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Samuel Clemens posted:

How was Arkham City? I liked the game well enough when I played it, but I don't know if I'm up for a 90 minutes speedrun.

Yeah, I can't think of a GDQ event where the awful block wasn't great fun. Even the more mediocre runs usually have a few outstanding moments, and frequently switching games means things don't get stale.

Low energy and the runner kept trying to stare at Talia's rear end any chance he got. Probably better off just re-watching the Batman Forever run instead.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Thanks. That's a shame.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

edit: wrong

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Rirse posted:

Low energy and the runner kept trying to stare at Talia's rear end any chance he got. Probably better off just re-watching the Batman Forever run instead.
he had some sort of cold and the game basically parades that rear end at you anyway... but that game has been done better in previous marathons

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
if anyone plyaed shadows of the empire when they were younger on the n64 this morning's run was great. great strats and they explain why the game is run on pc these days instead of the n64. definitely worth it if you've played it before, and if not it's still pretty fun to see one of the first 3rd person shooters. there's some legitimately good puns too, which is a shocker since the puns are usually groan inducing. i'd add it to the recommended list.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

axeil posted:

if anyone plyaed shadows of the empire when they were younger on the n64 this morning's run was great. great strats and they explain why the game is run on pc these days instead of the n64. definitely worth it if you've played it before, and if not it's still pretty fun to see one of the first 3rd person shooters. there's some legitimately good puns too, which is a shocker since the puns are usually groan inducing. i'd add it to the recommended list.

who the poo poo plays shadows of the empire in third person what the heck

e: wrong effing thread but my question still stands

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
So I guess that the Star Wars block was a good watch? Did Striker entertain?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
This Vice City run is supremely good.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
The runner is reminding me of Nick Offerman.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RyokoTK posted:

Hell yeah! Love that game, holds up too.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Maybe Saturday will impress but GTA:VC is my pick for Run of AGDQ 2017

it's really

Fantastic.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

Yeah, I'd recommend the poo poo out of that run as well, it was tight as hell.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Yeah, I'd recommend the poo poo out of that run as well, it was tight as hell.

Gotta remember to catch that. How was the Donkey Kong race?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

TeaJay posted:

Gotta remember to catch that. How was the Donkey Kong race?

It was great. It was really tight between two of the teams. The third team tried at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is a solid run with good commentary. Lots of "people thought this was tas-only, frame perfect tricks, .....and we got it first try" so if you like seeing a runner dunk with technically difficult tricks hit up that vod.

• Locked thread