Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They showed off some Mario Odyssey gameplay in the Japanese stream and he has his entire moveset back with additions on top of the new mechanics involving the hat.

That's worth price of admission for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Strange Matter posted:

Make it into a free Animal Crossing-lite. In my dream they even create a sort of alt-Achievement system where every game on the Switch, instead of having mandatory cheevos, has a piece of clothing or furniture or something that you can earn to add to your Mii's pad.

Yeah, PS Home actually did stuff like that where Trophies earned in some games would unlock furniture and clothing content for your character. With something more low-fi like a Mii you could probably get away with doing all sorts of weird stuff with a system like that.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God drat that looks so much smaller.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I can't believe Miiverse is dead. How will that poor guy admire the water in Mario Odyssey now.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Oh yea, a cool advantage for the Switch is that the dock would also be easy to carry and you could bring it to someone else's TV easily

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

s.i.r.e. posted:

God drat that looks so much smaller.

That's what I was saying last page, it's closer to a phone than a tablet.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think the Japanese stream ran out of switch games. They're playing 3DS

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Are any of the launch Switch games 4 players?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dehry posted:

I think the Japanese stream ran out of switch games. They're playing 3DS

they just had Arino take a picture with his 3DS. That's all.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Spellman posted:

Super Bomerman R has 8 player

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Spellman posted:

You can play ARMS with 4 people and pretend you're piloting Jaegers

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Jarogue posted:

Super Bomerman R has 8 player

And they say this thing doesn't have launch titles

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Snipperclips also has 4 but that comes out in March shortly after launch.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I found the Vita screen almost unbearably small and low res years ago. My last five phones have been 5.7 to 6" and at least 1080p, the last two were 1440p. Hard to go back.

Okay, but what's your pants size?

Can't wait for Snipperclips so I can tell my friends, "So help me god, I will cut you!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
PS Vita crossed with Wii U. It will either be amazing or Nintendo will cease to acknowledge its existence in 2 years.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Much like the Wii-U, playing it on a TV with a Pro Controller will be where it's at. At least for Breath of the Wild.

TFRazorsaw posted:

They showed off some Mario Odyssey gameplay in the Japanese stream and he has his entire moveset back with additions on top of the new mechanics involving the hat.

That's worth price of admission for me.

Very cool to see a new Mario 64 style game for sure, love seeing him flipping around. (3D World was pretty cool too)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 14, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

That's what I was saying last page, it's closer to a phone than a tablet.

I'm surprised they didn't just cram a loving smartphone into it as well. Why not be terrible at loving everything?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm surprised they didn't just cram a loving smartphone into it as well. Why not be terrible at loving everything?

Apple would quickly invent the Joycon and bury Nintendo if they entered that market.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Oh yea and Puyo Puyo Tetris too, man this thing is gonna have a lot of great multiplayer games

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I kinda want the PS4 Puyo Puyo Tetris just because it's disk only and going to be crazy expensive in the future.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

One time a bunch of my friends and I, played 8 player smash all on the Wii U tablet screen because we didn't have a TV. Well it wasn't good, really, but we managed so I'm sure two people playing on a bigger higher res screen can work if they're close enough

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It's funny because a lot of these old revivals really cater to 4 or more players with just one Switch they should've emphasized the Switch's party potential as a feature in the presentation.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's kinda fun and also sad to see a living example of someone who takes no joy in anything. Did Splatfest ruin your weekends too?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Willias posted:

PS Vita crossed with Wii U. It will either be amazing or Nintendo will cease to acknowledge its existence in 2 years.

Virtual Boy 2.0

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Waltzing Along posted:

You bring up some very good points, and yes I agree...the PC Master Race are a bunch of blowhards with their heads stuck up their butts.

The truth hurts, I know.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

another thought:

All the talk about Nintendo competing with 249 consoles is disengenuous, because... they're not. It's competing with the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio once it releases. Sony is already doing its absolute best to de-incentivize the purchase of the Slim, much in the same way Nintendo did with the New Nintendo 3DS and its previous games' model. The performance of games on the Slim is markedly worse, they're motivated to sell new models of TVs, and before long, the Slim is going to be less and less worthwhile as a purchase.

You can guarantee that the Scorpio will be the exact same way.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

XBecond

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

also adjusted for inflation, the Switch is the 4th cheapest console launch of all time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

also adjusted for inflation, the Switch is the 4th cheapest console launch of all time.

Don't you bring facts and figures into this

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah but now do a chart comparing inflation to wage growth of 90% of consumers

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also a chart of how many Switches you could buy if you didn't spend all your life savings on Amiibos

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

yeah but now do a chart comparing inflation to wage growth of 90% of consumers

That's not something Nintendo can really do anything about, nor is it something the industry is typically concerned with.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Bill Trinnen retweeted this

https://twitter.com/ElTorroGAF/status/820027252863803393

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Heavy Metal posted:

Much like the Wii-U, playing it on a TV with a Pro Controller will be where it's at. At least for Breath of the Wild.

Too bad the Pro Controller is no where in sight. I'm convinced it's not going to be ready for launch at this point, what other reason could there be that it hasn't showed up for pre-order anywhere? There are people who won't want to play Zelda on the Switch, me included, without it so they have reason to be not forthcoming with details about it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

katkillad2 posted:

Too bad the Pro Controller is no where in sight. I'm convinced it's not going to be ready for launch at this point, what other reason could there be that it hasn't showed up for pre-order anywhere? There are people who won't want to play Zelda on the Switch, me included, without it so they have reason to be not forthcoming with details about it.

Why not? It's not like you can't use the joycons and the thing they connect to.

But that's okay, you can take your rattle and watch the big boys play.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

another thought:

All the talk about Nintendo competing with 249 consoles is disengenuous, because... they're not. It's competing with the PS4 Pro and the Scorpio once it releases. Sony is already doing its absolute best to de-incentivize the purchase of the Slim, much in the same way Nintendo did with the New Nintendo 3DS and its previous games' model. The performance of games on the Slim is markedly worse, they're motivated to sell new models of TVs, and before long, the Slim is going to be less and less worthwhile as a purchase.

You can guarantee that the Scorpio will be the exact same way.

The original ps4 and slim play games just fine :shrug:

TLG runs poorly, but thats no surprise considering the devs

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What game is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Infinitum posted:

What game is this?

mario maker supreme with anchovies is my guess