Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh I hope they devour themselves.

oh they're well on their way. from what I read he was doxxed by some other alt right faction, not anti-fa or anyone like that. and just witness how they've turned on some prominent faces of the movement because they do not take seriously the threat posed by ZOG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

quote:

The only difference is Peinovich covets his anonymity, fearing the loss of his lucrative tech job (last listed as a company called Vook, which was renamed to Pronoun), backlash in his Upper East Side neighborhood, and alienation from his liberal family, rooted in the affluent suburb of Montclair New Jersey.

So proud to be a nazi and confident in his views that he didn't want anybody to know.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
most neo nazis already know their ideology is garbage but continue to believe in it out of hatefulness anyway

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I wonder what trauma led him to "You know who had some good ideas? Hitler."

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dinosaurs! posted:

prolly the fact that he's a hideous incel tbh

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dinosaurs! posted:

typically it comes from general white superiority ideals combined with actually just being a terribly mediocre and boring loser despite believing you're inherently a potential ubermensch.Clearly the only reason this could be happening because the goddamn jews and blacks are conspiring against him.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Milo got shut down at UC Davis

http://m.sfgate.com/news/article/Yiannopoulos-Shkreli-event-canceled-at-UC-Davis-10857289.php

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Dinosaurs! posted:

So proud to be a nazi and confident in his views that he didn't want anybody to know.

I can't help but wonder how his family feels. My instinct is to assume they're super hosed up somehow, because can you imagine just trying to be a good parent and raise your kid to be happy and successful and you get a Nazi out?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I realize you've all moved on to another subject, but how exactly is it pointless or counterproductive to get an amendment added to a bill that is definitely going to pass? like wtf kind of argument was that?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

apokaladle posted:

I can't help but wonder how his family feels. My instinct is to assume they're super hosed up somehow, because can you imagine just trying to be a good parent and raise your kid to be happy and successful and you get a Nazi out?
Stunned that affluent Northeastern liberals could do their best yet turn out a piece of poo poo.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

You gotta love how this article says there were reports of violence, then in the very next sentence says the cops denied that this was true. They link to the article where they apparently heard of these reports, and the only time they're mentioned in that article is in Milo's tweet which says there "were reports" of people smashing poo poo. Good job everyone. Journalism!

Edit: lmao

https://twitter.com/ABC10Frances/status/820138640994992129

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 14, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Breadallelogram posted:

I realize you've all moved on to another subject, but how exactly is it pointless or counterproductive to get an amendment added to a bill that is definitely going to pass? like wtf kind of argument was that?

Because the Republicans control the house so even if Republicans had allowed an amendment to pass (they wouldn't have) then it will get stripped in conference anyway

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

EndOfTheWorld posted:

https://www. slate. com/ outing-nazis-makes-you-as-bad-as-them

lol if you don't think the intercept, current affairs or jacobin have staff currently biting their lips from writing that exact same article just to spite some centrist who was mildly pleased about this

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Liberals: we'd better listen to this doxxed nazi's shitheap podcast and donate to his legal fund so we show everyone we're Better Than That

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jan 14, 2017

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Kunster posted:

lol if you don't think the intercept, current affairs or jacobin have staff currently biting their lips from writing that exact same article just to spite some centrist who was mildly pleased about this

Oh I don't doubt it, it's just that Slate has a long-held and justified reputation for The Slate Pitch. (See this week's "Have a care for L.L.Bean's Brand Identity" post)

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/deep_beige/status/820381681144266752

oh poo poo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Hulk Krogan posted:

You gotta love how this article says there were reports of violence, then in the very next sentence says the cops denied that this was true. They link to the article where they apparently heard of these reports, and the only time they're mentioned in that article is in Milo's tweet which says there "were reports" of people smashing poo poo. Good job everyone. Journalism!

Have you noticed that pretty much all protests against police and Trump are being referred to as riots?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

I knew Corbett was to the left of Mike Nelson but this is a surprise.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

:siren::supaburn::siren:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I knew Corbett was to the left of Mike Nelson but this is a surprise.

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/770690561535676417

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I noticed after the election that Bill became a lot more open about his leftist views which is nice.

Mike Nelson is a pretty boilerplate Republican from what I understand.

Really looking forward to Bill's Chapo appearance though. Maybe Patton Oswalt is next?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I seriously doubt that's going to happen, at least without an argument.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Rob Delaney is a fan and has apparently joined the DSA in part due to the baleful influence of our Dry Boys.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Kunster posted:

I seriously doubt that's going to happen, at least without an argument.

I dunno I could see Patton doing pretty well. He is a comedian so he knows how to talk and be entertaining on a podcast even if there are disagreements and arguments.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

It'd be hilarious of Bill's episode was a audio rifftrack for one of those lovely Dinesh D'Sousa tcot films

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

I believe that Brenden confirmed that it's exactly that. Hillary's America to be specific.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hillary's America is barely about Hillary but definitely worth a hate watch. The best part is Dinesh recreating his prison time followed by when he sneaks into the secret racism room at the DNC headquarters.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FlamingLiberal posted:

I noticed after the election that Bill became a lot more open about his leftist views which is nice.

Mike Nelson is a pretty boilerplate Republican from what I understand.

Really looking forward to Bill's Chapo appearance though. Maybe Patton Oswalt is next?

yea Mike is just kinda a generic midwest 'aw gee those republican boys say family is good and they want the mill to get workin again' type, sucks but not like he's out saying 'you know maybe we DO need to kick all the Muslims out before their secret terrorist training kicks in and they rape our women and blow our homes up'. Hearing Bill go full on left wing in the wake of this election more than makes up for Mike being kinda dumb.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Hillary's America is barely about Hillary but definitely worth a hate watch. The best part is Dinesh recreating his prison time followed by when he sneaks into the secret racism room at the DNC headquarters.

That was the one where he tried to show his house arrest as him being locked in a maximum security prison with a riot going on outside or something like he was in Oz, right? I know the DNC bit was when he literally finds the literal chains of slavery, as in the actual historical embodiment of slavery in chain form, hidden in a secret DNC drawer

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I mean, Trace was better, but still

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dinesh D'Souza's 2024: I Am Literally Jafar Panahi But More Oppressed, coming to theaters this fall

Dispersal
Nov 5, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

Rob Delaney is a fan and has apparently joined the DSA in part due to the baleful influence of our Dry Boys.

Rob Delaney isn't funny though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dispersal posted:

Yeah Hubel is the funny Rob. Delaney sucks.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That was the one where he tried to show his house arrest as him being locked in a maximum security prison with a riot going on outside or something like he was in Oz, right? I know the DNC bit was when he literally finds the literal chains of slavery, as in the actual historical embodiment of slavery in chain form, hidden in a secret DNC drawer
Yeah it's awesome and cartoonish. There's a loving Wilhelm Scream.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dispersal posted:

splitters!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Friends, I Google has not been instructive on the provenience and meaning of "Lanyard/Landyard Liberal." I'm kind of getting a nebulous idea from context but wondering where it came from and what specifically it's poking fun at. Please help me out, so that I may more deeply enjoy the fellahs. THanks in advance.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Friends, I Google has not been instructive on the provenience and meaning of "Lanyard/Landyard Liberal." I'm kind of getting a nebulous idea from context but wondering where it came from and what specifically it's poking fun at. Please help me out, so that I may more deeply enjoy the fellahs. THanks in advance.

At many events, you need some sort of credentials to get in, and many people wear them on lanyards.

I wouldn't be surprised if some people even wore them outside of events as some kind of badge of specialness.

WILL: I think “The Dirtbag Left” is a nice way of describing a kind of scurrilous and funny approach to left-wing politics that is in marked contrast to the utterly humorless and bloodless path that leads many people with liberal or leftist proclivities into the trap of living in constant fear of offending some group that you’re not a part of, up to and including the ruling class. It is a disdain for career ambition and a neutered and self-referential, academic discourse that alienates anyone whose heart doesn’t pump Kool-Aid. The Dirtbag Left stands athwart both Lanyard-Liberalism and Woke Leftists and yells “Cum.”

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/740612912121847808

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jan 15, 2017

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Thank you. That brings it together for me. I can now more fully enjoy the boys.

Lookin' forward to Crow T. Robot on Chapo.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Thank you. That brings it together for me. I can now more fully enjoy the boys.

Lookin' forward to Crow T. Robot on Chapo.

I just became a Grey Wolf yesterday, and I'm working my way back through old episodes. Episode 49 ("Caleb") is hilarious; Jeff Jacoby is a monster.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

prefect posted:

I just became a Grey Wolf yesterday, and I'm working my way back through old episodes. Episode 49 ("Caleb") is hilarious; Jeff Jacoby is a monster.

Is that the open letter where he found an upsetting file on Little Caleb's computer?

Because wracking my brain, literally nothing I can imagine could possibly be funnier than what it ended up actually being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Is that the open letter where he found an upsetting file on Little Caleb's computer?

Because wracking my brain, literally nothing I can imagine could possibly be funnier than what it ended up actually being.

49 is the first Caleb, where we learn about Jeff Jacoby's unique form of child torture.