Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Zain posted:

You've peaked my curiosity

Japanese hornets kept murdering the poo poo out of honey bees, so the honey bees learned to hug the hornets to death. It's incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

gnome7 posted:

Japanese hornets kept murdering the poo poo out of honey bees, so the honey bees learned to hug the hornets to death. It's incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6m40W1s0Wc

Watching that made my skin crawl but it's very interesting.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Those gold torches only light when you trigger "something" in the room, like standing on a switch or lighting a wooden torch. In this case they light when the two top torches are lit (at 14:45 in the video).

grimlock_master
Nov 1, 2013

Fuck you, suzie

Zain posted:

You've peaked my curiosity

Ok, so japanese wasps are a bunch of assholes. First, they are huge. As in, five times bigger than a regular bee huge. They fly into a hive and just kill EVERY bee. As in, snap them in half and leave them to die. Thirty wasps can kill off a hive thirty THOUSAND strong in three hours. They then eat all the honey and leave their larvae to feast on the bee's larvae and pupae. Then they leave.

Now, european bees, they're hosed. They don't have any mechanism to defend themselved against the wasps, so they die off. JAPANESE wasps know the fuckers from way back, so they can fight back. So here's the deal. The wasps find a hive by using scouts, single wasps that roam the countryside and mark potential hives with pheromones. The bees wait until the wasp entered the nest, and loving pile on it, in the most epic of moshpits, and dance the night away. Meaning, they start vibrating and generating heat. Lot''s of heat. See, the bees can widthstand temperatures of up to 118°F, but the wasps just up to 115°F. So the bees bring themselves to the brink of boiling, just to boil the invading wasp.

Now tell me that's not metal as gently caress

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

grimlock_master posted:

Now tell me that's not metal as gently caress

That can describe about 95% of nature. Plants are regular bastards about it, it's full on chemical warfare with them.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 44 - There's No Joy At The End Of This Road

In this episodes, I say the words "which robot in Overwatch fucks?" and instantly regret it

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
"Shoot her, run up to her, and take a picture"

The LP subforum. Raising the reputation of goons everywhere.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is there significant audio desync, or is my computer being weird?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, the audio is lagging behind a bit. I was noticing that in the previous episode as well.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's an unfortunate casualty of Fae's recording setup, there's some pretty awful gradual desync by the end of the session. I have no idea why, but I also don't do the actual hard editing so :shrug:

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Have you tried Handbrake? Haven't used it myself but I know a few people have said that it can fix gradual audio desync.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Stealth sections are one of my big gripes with Zelda games, even when you have the tools to Batman your way through by safely knocking everyone out. I don't even bother with this before getting the stone mask any more.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The Stone Mask is fantastic. It's also probably Majora's Mask's worst case of "pointlessly obtuse poo poo to try to make you buy a player's guide." You aren't possibly going to find that soldier naturally unless you wear the Lens of Truth 24/7.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Patter Song posted:

The Stone Mask is fantastic. It's also probably Majora's Mask's worst case of "pointlessly obtuse poo poo to try to make you buy a player's guide." You aren't possibly going to find that soldier naturally unless you wear the Lens of Truth 24/7.

Or unless you're a competionist by nature determined to check out every suspicious rock circle. Tatl is even helpfully confirming that suspicion as soon as you get near.

On the other hand I don't even remember how the hell I found him in MM3D.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

tiistai posted:

Or unless you're a competionist by nature determined to check out every suspicious rock circle. Tatl is even helpfully confirming that suspicion as soon as you get near.

I'm pretty sure when you get near the tower in the fortress Tatl goes "Hey, do you hear something?". They made the soldier's existence a lot more obvious in MM3D.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Kilza posted:

I'm pretty sure when you get near the tower in the fortress Tatl goes "Hey, do you hear something?". They made the soldier's existence a lot more obvious in MM3D.

Yeah, Tatl actually points out that she can hear someone calling for help nearby.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Alright, I figured it was something like that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

tiistai posted:

Well yeah, but you're also getting bombchu'd constantly, so it's hard to pay attention to Tatl

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
*slams through a closed window from episode 4*

Hi this LP is real fuckin' good hell yeah

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hi sorry I forgot to post an update last week, my computer upgrades did not go well. Anyway, here we go!

Episode 45 - The Hookshot Is Not A Fish

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Yeah, you can't normally play underwater. There's a pretty simple glitch called Ocarina Items that lets you do that though.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I never understood that turtle. He has no relevance beyond taking you to the temple, which could have been accomplished in a myriad of other ways.

Keksen
Oct 9, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I never understood that turtle. He has no relevance beyond taking you to the temple, which could have been accomplished in a myriad of other ways.

Sure, but then you wouldn't get to ride on the back of a giant turtle. :colbert:

Plus, it's probably a reference to something from mythology. I'm only sad there aren't four elephants standing on its back.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Goddammit now I want a Discworld RPG Video Game. You could pick a starting class of Witch, Wizard or Watchman which would decide where you started, (AnkMorpork City Watch for the Watchmen, Unseen University for the Wizards and Lancre for the Witches) learning different ways to interact - Witches and Watchmen would use Headology and Politics to talk their way out of bad situations, Witches could do chemistry do get around sidequests (home remedies and the like) Wizards would get weak but situationally useful spells to confuse agressors and calm beasts, and Watchmen would be able to punch their way out of a situation easily. Of Course, Quest Givers would include Tiffany Aching, Maybe Granny Weatherwax depending on when the game is set, Nanny Ogg, Ridcully, Hex, and St Vimes.

Dammit...

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

BioEnchanted posted:

Goddammit now I want a Discworld RPG Video Game. You could pick a starting class of Witch, Wizard or Watchman which would decide where you started, (AnkMorpork City Watch for the Watchmen, Unseen University for the Wizards and Lancre for the Witches) learning different ways to interact - Witches and Watchmen would use Headology and Politics to talk their way out of bad situations, Witches could do chemistry do get around sidequests (home remedies and the like) Wizards would get weak but situationally useful spells to confuse agressors and calm beasts, and Watchmen would be able to punch their way out of a situation easily. Of Course, Quest Givers would include Tiffany Aching, Maybe Granny Weatherwax depending on when the game is set, Nanny Ogg, Ridcully, Hex, and St Vimes.

Dammit...

Your wish has already been granted.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

But that's a point and click, not an RPG.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Those weren't even butt-wings, those were leg-wings. That can't be a comfortable flight, even ignoring the fact he smashed through the roof. :v:

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
drat it!! I had no idea that seahorse was a guide! I have used the sign posts, trial and error, and memorising one turn at the time on EVERY play through. How on earth did I miss the very obvious guided by fish?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Hi sorry I forgot to post an update last week, my computer upgrades did not go well. Anyway, here we go!

Episode 45 - The Hookshot Is Not A Fish

Yeah, "Hatsune Mikau" amused me a lot, too.

I spent a couple minutes on Google and couldn't find any existing art of it.

So I got an artist friend to draw it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ZeeToo posted:

:swoon:

It's beautiful!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Holy poo poo that's amazing I love it so much :allears:

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
I can't belive how this thread just keeps delivering.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

ZeeToo posted:

Awwww poo poo YES. This is really drat good!

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 46 - Sweet Jam Sessions

I have a terrible memory for sequences, and the plot of this game

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's killing me that this one's out of sync with Fae's avatar, but this is good! Not really much you can do about that though, since Deku Link has a different run speed.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I felt like playing all the different instruments was very reminiscent of playing the Eight Instruments in front of the Wind Fish's Egg in Link's Awakening. I didn't expect the Ballad of the Wind Fish to be dropped as a reference. Even if the Circus Leader's Mask doesn't do anything, it looks cool to just have a mask that cries.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
If only your avatar had been there with his harmonica, it may have sounded better :v:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

get that OUT of my face posted:

I felt like playing all the different instruments was very reminiscent of playing the Eight Instruments in front of the Wind Fish's Egg in Link's Awakening. I didn't expect the Ballad of the Wind Fish to be dropped as a reference. Even if the Circus Leader's Mask doesn't do anything, it looks cool to just have a mask that cries.

You raise a good point, I guess I just forgot that fact because the only time I've experienced Link's Awakening was in a six hour marathon stream poorlywrittennovel did for new years eve 2016 and by the time we got to that particular segment it was roughly 4am and I was delirious from sleep deprivation :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
If you like the story and overall tone of this game, you might wanna give it a shot when you're more awake. It's another dark Zelda game.