Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I played PE2 immediately coming off of the first one last year and it felt like I was playing a lovely RE clone that failed to understand what made the first game so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Oh poo poo son, yet another strong one-off

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I think the selling point for the Switch is the JoJo Simulator 2017.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/819991683680997377

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
PE2 is fine y'all are crazy

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

Omikron was like a nuclear reactor leak, it not only killed Matt thru direct contact but the radiation spread around and hurt Liam too.
drat, Netero had it all wrong. Instead of nuking himself, he should've defeated the Ant King by forcing him to LP Omikron.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Grouchio posted:

drat, Netero had it all wrong. Instead of nuking himself, he should've defeated the Ant King by forcing him to LP Omikron.

I'm pretty sure David Cage is also a Chimera Ant.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I love how Woolie doesn't believe the launch date for Breath of the Wild is real even with official confirmation

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Imma just throw out that Calamity Ganon is p good

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Big Ganon for a big hero

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Am I crazy for thinking that's one of the worst looking Zelda designs

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Tae posted:

I don't really like her face. It stands out the most because everything else is the best design in the franchise so far.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Tae posted:

Yes. It's refreshingly simple and isn't a poofy pink/purple dress. It's a pretty chill look and her design, and the design of Link's band of adventurers, are all ace.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I think the new design for zelda is loving awesome and delivers more emotion to her character much more than the bored expression of the previous designs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

the gently caress is this, woolie

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

loving cool is what

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Fisticuffs, slowbeef's playing Final Fight: Streetwise and Matt is there

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh Jesus Chirst. This game is a loving trip. FutureFriend LP'd it and the big notable thing about it is it features Mike Haggar who either can't do damage or doesn't attack anyone at all.

Anyway, I hope this NMH game is a big leap in the right direction. Sure, it'd be mostly filled with villains but I wanna see the NMH Musou game.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

lets hang out posted:

loving cool is what

I never thought the words 'Too anime for SaltyBet' would ever be uttered, but here we are.

French Bread does make good fight-games, though, and this one looks really competent.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Oh Jesus Chirst. This game is a loving trip. FutureFriend LP'd it and the big notable thing about it is it features Mike Haggar who either can't do damage or doesn't attack anyone at all.

Anyway, I hope this NMH game is a big leap in the right direction. Sure, it'd be mostly filled with villains but I wanna see the NMH Musou game.

you know who else lp'd it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

you know who else lp'd it?

No, just him. Unless this is an obvious set up and I'm supposed to ask if you did it too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

No, just him. Unless this is an obvious set up and I'm supposed to ask if you did it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnRNyfzKLL8

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Just saw the Necrodancer video,completely and utterly sold on it. Woolie being a buzzkill kinda annoyed me,but the only decisions that man makes are bad ones,so it's par for the course.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this fisticuffs game looks really, really good

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

It's not too surprising when you consider that it's the 19th doujin fighting game they made. It's also the 3rd game by the creators that's been a fisticuff, since they went on to make Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.

edit: 4th! they also made Melty Blood: Actress Again: Current

further edit: :goonsay:

Baron Snow fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 14, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

man I wish uniel was more popular, it's so good

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

I made a Twitch clip of Pat skipping about like a schoolgirl looking for his kitty.

Please enjoy: https://clips.twitch.tv/angriestpat/ModernPenguinBORT

(warning: starts kinda loud)

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
On a similar note, that guy on twitter (the one who saw the EB Games employee that let his friends in to buy switches early) donated to Pat's recent FF stream with a message about how he totally snitched and the guy got fired. Needless to say, known snitching enthusiast Pat Boivin was pretty excited. https://clips.twitch.tv/angriestpat/PlainGerbilMrDestructoid

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jan 14, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
patrick boivin is my favorite trainwreck of humanity.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Justice Sloth posted:

On a similar note, that guy on twitter (the one who saw the EB Games employee that let his friends in to buy switches early) donated to Pat's recent FF stream with a message about how he totally snitched and the guy got fired. Needless to say, known snitching enthusiast Pat Boivin was pretty excited. https://clips.twitch.tv/angriestpat/PlainGerbilMrDestructoid

I love how excited he is about this

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat is the most adorable sociopath ever (also kinda right there).

Also, since this is the closest related thing: Super Bunnyhop made a 2016 retrospective video. It's good if you like his stuff, which I do because long-form scripted gaming stuff is a rarity nowadays. He also spoke negatively for about 15s on some of the political decisions this year. Guess how the YT comments are going right now.

edit: haha, fisticuffs is the weird-rear end french bread game with the hugest sprites

Dias fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 14, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Given Stardew Valley was a complete no show in that video I couldn't care less if it was 30 minutes of George Tiki Dancing in reverance to Margaret Thatcher.

"No totally ligit games this year" my bloody foot.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ConanThe3rd posted:

Given Stardew Valley was a complete no show in that video I couldn't care less if it was 30 minutes of George Tiki Dancing in reverance to Margaret Thatcher.

"No totally ligit games this year" my bloody foot.

Stardew Valley is a Harvest Moon clone. If you like Harvest Moon clones, it's a good game. I couldn't care less about it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Weird that a clone is more fun than any harvest moon game

Guess it kinda one-upped that legendary franchise huh

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I dunno, I'm lukewarm on both.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I liked Rune Factory 4 more than Stardew Valley. Stardew valley didn't really do anything special but was a solid Harvest moon clone anyway.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Idunno, does George even like 2D timesink games? His other candidates were all 3D action games, so it's not all that surprising for it to be absent.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Justice Sloth posted:

Idunno, does George even like 2D timesink games? His other candidates were all 3D action games, so it's not all that surprising for it to be absent.

I don't think it's his style, yeah. I find those games to be very much a "love it or meh it" thing, similar to roguelikes. 4X and musou-style BS. I also kinda agree with the assessment that 2016 didn't have anything AMAZING, just a bunch of solid-rear end games skirting that line. Doom is the closest but it would've benefitted from being more streamlined in its weapon progression, Overwatch is super fun but it has its map and balance issues, XCom 2 had some annoying launch issues that soured me on it, all the indie favorites were cool but too gimmick-based for my taste...

Meanwhile I'm watching Gleam of Force and poo poo's dope, I only heard tales of it. Also weird to listen to a fighting game OST with vocal tracks.

edit: holy poo poo that game has melty blood levels of system bullshit, french bread gonna french bread

Dias fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 14, 2017

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
If you can find it get Ragnarok Battle Offline.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

I don't think it's his style, yeah. I find those games to be very much a "love it or meh it" thing, similar to roguelikes. 4X and musou-style BS. I also kinda agree with the assessment that 2016 didn't have anything AMAZING, just a bunch of solid-rear end games skirting that line. Doom is the closest but it would've benefitted from being more streamlined in its weapon progression, Overwatch is super fun but it has its map and balance issues, XCom 2 had some annoying launch issues that soured me on it, all the indie favorites were cool but too gimmick-based for my taste...

Meanwhile I'm watching Gleam of Force and poo poo's dope, I only heard tales of it. Also weird to listen to a fighting game OST with vocal tracks.

edit: holy poo poo that game has melty blood levels of system bullshit, french bread gonna french bread

I can get behind that sentiment of 2016 lacking in 10/10 amazing games. I'd probably put my GotY behind either Stardew Valley or DS3, and one is in a genre that is fundamentally niche if underserved, and the other is the 5th game in a series and didn't do anything really new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What's a 10/10 game, then because a lot of games were better than last year