Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
I don't even really like Weird Al and I want that. This is how I know record collecting has broken my brain completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
The only vidja game soundtrack I have is No Man's Sky because it's 65dos doing the music. Though I did buy the soundtrack to The Force Awakens because of the hologram gimmick.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like Wierd Al but not $300USD like Wierd Al

but I still kinnnnda want it

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Like, there was definitely a point in my life when I was obsessed with Weird Al as a kid/early teen, but you hit your awkward teenage shithead years and you see him as really dorky, then I got to the age where where I didn't recognize the songs Weird Al is parodying, but in retrospect at age 35? loving love Weird Al. Dude's just a fun, genuine class act kinda guy. Seems like the nicest human being in the world and it makes me happy that he's fallen in with the Comedy Bang Bang crowd.

Giga Gaia posted:

I don't even really like Weird Al
Not even as a kid? That doesn't make any sense.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I don't even want to get the Platinum set because then I'd just be agonizing over if I want to get the signed pressing of In 3-D, Dare to Be Stupid or UHF.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

I like Wierd Al but not $300USD like Wierd Al

but I still kinnnnda want it

Where are you seeing 300, all I see is 475?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

King Vidiot posted:

I don't even want to get the Platinum set because then I'd just be agonizing over if I want to get the signed pressing of In 3-D, Dare to Be Stupid or UHF.

Are you a Devo fan? The answer is obvious. :colbert:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Glazier posted:

Are you a Devo fan? The answer is obvious. :colbert:

Yeah, In 3-D. Not much of a choice.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
UHF or GTFO

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
it was cool when Wierd Al got to tour Europe for the first time because GS!YBE invited him to ATP

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Elrobot posted:

it was cool when Wierd Al got to tour Europe for the first time because GS!YBE invited him to ATP

lol hell yea

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Elrobot posted:

Same thing happened with Animal Collective inviting The Frogs to play ATP.

No matter who you are, everybody loves novelty songs.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Elrobot posted:

this is one of my favorite nuggets of lore

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Local hipster BBQ place uses vinyl for it's music.

Check out this POS they play it on lol

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Boinks posted:

Ask them why they even bother.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Boinks posted:

fleetwood loving mac

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Fleetwood mac is good.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

There was so much sibilance I could barely tell it was Fleetwood Mac.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzZCoe38_hM

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
yeah they should have a nice record player sitting out for someone to break/steal good idea guys

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Just play it in the back and pipe it through a sound system like every other restaurant in the world. I have never once given a poo poo about what kind of music my BBQ place plays. A professional restaurant sticking a loving Crosley out there in an attempt to look cool is the lamest thing I've ever seen. It's like something out of Portlandia.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i really don't think it's as big of a deal as you're making it out to be but okay suit yourself. if you need to be that aggressive about a record player in a restaurant i understand.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

They had a Smiths record in that pile and it smelled like pulled pork.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Boinks posted:

They had a Smiths record in that pile and it smelled like pulled pork.

That joke isn't funny anymore.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

caligulamprey posted:

Not even as a kid? That doesn't make any sense.

Never liked song parodies, really. Weird Al doesn't make me reach for the Aux cable or anything, just not my thing. To be fair, Weird Al impresses me more than most "original" artists and Amish Paradise is hilarious.

Elrobot posted:

I love GS!YBE so this is awesome.

Giga Gaia fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 14, 2017

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Boinks posted:

I think they probably have a good time listening to music with that

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Elrobot posted:

it really tied everything together

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Toe Rag posted:

Something really bothers me about Cluster opening for Weird Al.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

He really needed to wait for that show to be able to tour Europe? Hasn't he outsold the rest of them combined?

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004

Oldstench posted:

Something really bothers me about Cluster opening for Weird Al.

no cluster to neurosis is actually perfect imo

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004

Toe Rag posted:

:hai:

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
can you guys throw me a message when sde gets reissued

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Flaggy posted:

Where are you seeing 300, all I see is 475?

Is your scroll wheel broken?

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004

Snowy posted:

He really needed to wait for that show to be able to tour Europe? Hasn't he outsold the rest of them combined?

exclaim posted:

I was very surprised myself," Yankovic tells Exclaim! while discussing the invite in 2011. "I was completely honoured and flattered and I'm glad they allowed me to do that because it was singularly because of Godspeed that I did my first European tour. We'd been trying to make that happen since I started and, for whatever reason, we'd never been able to book enough dates to justify a whole European tour. But with that as a confirmed anchor date, we were actually able to put a few around that and play Europe for the first time. And playing ATP itself was a huge honour for me. It's one of the hippest festivals you can play. I don't know if it was meant to be ironic? Even if it was, that's fine; irony is very hip."
http://exclaim.ca/music/article/five_noteworthy_facts_you_may_not_know_about_godspeed_you_black_emperor

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
You can get the Outkast discography for super cheap at Popmarket right now: https://www.popmarket.com/search?q=outkast

Get an extra 10% off with the POPMARKET10 discount code (or 20% with a first time purchase and the WELCOME20 code). I bought Speakerboxxx / The Love Below 4LP for 14 bucks, shipped.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Dissapointed Owl posted:

You can get the Outkast discography for super cheap at Popmarket right now: https://www.popmarket.com/search?q=outkast

Get an extra 10% off with the POPMARKET10 discount code (or 20% with a first time purchase and the WELCOME20 code). I bought Speakerboxxx / The Love Below 4LP for 14 bucks, shipped.

drat, already sold out of Speakerboxx/Love Below it seems. =(

e: and Stankonia

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Enos Cabell posted:

drat, already sold out of Speakerboxx/Love Below it seems. =(

e: and Stankonia

Is that Stankonia reissue supposed to be any good? I know the Music on Vinyl one is great (also $45 everywhere I've looked).

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004

got a cool book my friend spent years working on about the dancehall art of Limonious

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Good poo poo