Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, I currently have Trey up as my friend unit as requested, would be more helpful if I switched over to my Holiday Fun Black Cat Lid, seeing as how she can easily slap down this boss with Hex Strike? She has four Chilling Aura and is quite survivable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Boo man there's nothing more aggrivating than finally getting one of those loving rainbows only for it to be straight garbage.

Totally with you bro. I haven't seen a single Rainbow in like 4 months of playing and I swear to god if my first Rainbow isn't Orlandu, or at least a decent 5* base I'm going to be really angry.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Daily pull was a blue; cracked into a yellow, cracked into a rainbow... Ace.

It'll make farming faster I guess, not sure if I'll use him much though.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
If you click repeat in the Event to repeat your attacks, be wary. Both times I've met the Doublicorn I've screwed my first turn against it by hitting repeat.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i love all of my ace friends because i get about 550 event currency per pro run when i use them. seven is still over 500 too. this event seems like it would totally suck if i hadnt pulled four banner units in four pulls on the first day

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Someone had to much time and sperged out on analysing the current event vs TM farming efficiency.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5nt7jm/akademeia_vs_tm_farming/

TLDR: Tickets/Materials/Quartz/Megacite/Items worth it. TM Moogle not worth it, even with 3 bonus units.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Vax posted:

TLDR: Tickets/Materials/Quartz/Megacite/Items worth it. TM Moogle not worth it, even with 3 bonus units.

Again, assuming you're capable of fellating Memu every time you have a single spare NRG/Lapis.

To people who can't whale out for units and can't TM macro, moogles have a much higher value.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Lego Technics Robotics. Who needs macroing?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KataraniSword posted:

Again, assuming you're capable of fellating Memu every time you have a single spare NRG/Lapis.

To people who can't whale out for units and can't TM macro, moogles have a much higher value.

moogles actually have a lot of value in that you're able to just stash them, if i didnt compulsively immediately use mine i could have immediately 100%'d Zidane when i finally got him.

i appreciate the work that guy put in but i dont agree with the value ratings he assigns stuff, like i sort of follow the logic that jack and treys tms arent worth it even ignoring how rare a 20% or 30% attack ability is, but then he thinks that 5% mp is worth 1500 phantoma. i actually think mp is a frequently very poorly evaluated and strong stat but i dont see any scenario where those two individual tms are not worth it and 5% mp is.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah I use Memu and all, but I'll still more than likely get the cheaper Trust Moogle anyway

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah, event runs until the 27th and the boosted earnings are respectable for that amount of time. Accessory will come in handy for melees not chasing the ATK-stacking dragon bu instead aiming for balance (def15 atk15 hp+5%), four of the Evade materias should help build hilarious Arena douchebaggery evade-tanks, all the esper food on offer will run a total of 15k and is a great great great investment, not bad idea to spreadsheet your needed 6* mats and shop for those as well.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MrLonghair posted:

Yeah, event runs until the 27th and the boosted earnings are respectable for that amount of time. Accessory will come in handy for melees not chasing the ATK-stacking dragon bu instead aiming for balance (def15 atk15 hp+5%), four of the Evade materias should help build hilarious Arena douchebaggery evade-tanks, all the esper food on offer will run a total of 15k and is a great great great investment, not bad idea to spreadsheet your needed 6* mats and shop for those as well.

As I said on the Discord, too, that dagger has a +10% HP. It might not seem like much, but Cecil really likes being able to use his weapon slot for additional tankiness, and +10% HP means a lot more than getting a few points of defense or SPR. (Jury's out on if it's better than Shining Splendor's 30% Blind Proc/+8 DEF and/or Blood Sword's drain move/+20 SPR, but it's definitely worth grabbing if you lack either of those.)

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Doublicorn does not gently caress around.

Gave me incentive to rejigger my party's stats and attack values, as I barely survived my first one.

If I pull a 2nd banner unit, I am going to need to power level them just to ensure I can still kill the bloody thing.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think I'm skipping the Corn. The trade off of bonus units vs bringing units that can kill it seems a bit high, at least for the useless bonus units I have.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Just fought my fourth Doublecorn today. :psyduck: I'm gonna burn a ticket since clearly luck is with me!

Gold crystal Refia, sure why not.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Mile'ionaha posted:

Doublicorn does not gently caress around.

Gave me incentive to rejigger my party's stats and attack values, as I barely survived my first one.

If I pull a 2nd banner unit, I am going to need to power level them just to ensure I can still kill the bloody thing.

How DO you kill that guy, anyway?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
The real reason cheaper moogle is worth it is because TMs are not created equal. Some TMs are literally 10x better than next best TM. Dual wield is more than twice as good as blade mastery, blade mastery is more than twice as good as lunge combo. If your current TM farm team consists of 3 zidanes and 2 ludmilles, then yeah, the moogles are not worth it. For everyone else, the first one probably is.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Just fought my fourth Doublecorn today. :psyduck: I'm gonna burn a ticket since clearly luck is with me!

Gold crystal Refia, sure why not.

Lol a fifth Doublecorn has appeared what the hell. Gonna burn another ticket...

Gold crystal Tellah, sure why not.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Equip one of your garbage bonus units with mirage vest and golem. First round have him provoke, everyone else blocks. Doublecorn wont attack. Second round have him use barrage, do your normal boss attacking strategy. Second round have him mirage again and repeat. Third round have him provoke again, he is going to die, so is someone else probably, but you should be able to finish off Doublecorn and have enough left over for the boss.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ended up with Jack from the 1/2 pull today so at least I have 100% bonus now, excluding any friend leaders. :unsmith:

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Boo man there's nothing more aggrivating than finally getting one of those loving rainbows only for it to be straight garbage.

In the last 200+ pulls I've gotten 1 rainbow and it was Lenna, when my party had a level 80 Lenna in it at that time.

Vax posted:

Someone had to much time and sperged out on analysing the current event vs TM farming efficiency.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5nt7jm/akademeia_vs_tm_farming/

You really need to make it clear that this is only applicable for people who macro TM farm (or are insane and do it manually). Also ignores the value some people would have in being able to get specific TMs immediately/faster due to having moogles to use. Like if I pulled Gilgamesh or Zidane right now I could instantly get their TM in part due to farming the moogles of past events. (I'll never get dual wield, or a good unit to use it on :emo:)

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Might be a dumb question, but are multiple Dual Casts worth it? I'm grinding out two Ludmilles so I can put one on Refia, but it seems like every attack mage innately learns Dual Black Magic.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Get Lid fam :five:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Might be a dumb question, but are multiple Dual Casts worth it? I'm grinding out two Ludmilles so I can put one on Refia, but it seems like every attack mage innately learns Dual Black Magic.

I want to say yes, for inevitable future events/trials/raids where you want to stack mages but you don't get the luck of multiple dualcast havers

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was grinding out a second for cecil before i got my first zidane and will resume later. the odds that a future character comes out that could be busted with it are pretty good, too. i wouldn't consider it a priority if you don't have a second character to slap it on right now but i wouldn't cram the ludmilles together either

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Just used an 811 attack Noctis friend and still wiped on Antonella.

Killed everything but the flower and still lost. Cecil, Refia, Mercedes, COD and Arc.

Probably need to swap Mercedes for a breaker, and try something other than fire flask, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Any advice?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dualcast Refia and Dualcast Cecil = cheat mode.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vadun posted:

Killed everything but the flower and still lost. Cecil, Refia, Mercedes, COD and Arc.

Probably need to swap Mercedes for a breaker, and try something other than fire flask, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Any advice?

i just did this very recently, you most likely need better single target damage? the different parts of the plant have different elemental resists which makes chaining spells a lot worse. i think my team was refia/cecil/chiz/buttz/cod along with a friends whale noctis, and with plant killer on chiz. also bring a lot of ethers/turbo ethers/elixirs because its super easy to run out of mana in the fight.

i dont know that a breaker is explicitly necessary but with a noctis and a breaker you can attack break two parts of the boss in a single turn which is probably nice. and also i can't imagine fire flask is all that good what with all of the status immunity as well as some parts resisting fire, i was just using warp strike and link mostly i think with some point breaks in there for good measure to keep noctis topped off.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Spend one round buffing, Imperiling, and Warp Decoying expecting a two round kill only to have Noctis, Elza, and Exdeath one round the bugger.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Threw the daily summon ticket at the banner.

Rainbow!

5* Roselia

gently caress you

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Vadun posted:

Any advice?

This might seem weird, but were you using items? I know it took me a bit to get out of my RPG habit of never using them, but once I learned to start eating elixirs and ethers when needed stuff went way better.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm assuming everyone struggling on the boss or the dualcorns(?) doesn't have BC Lid, because she is an instant win.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Vax posted:

Get Lid fam :five:

I got a maxed out Black Cat Lid. I see how she helps with the ELT boss, but the Doublicorn? It has full resist on all status ailments but sleep, which is 90%!

I get the Mirage Vest strategy, but anyone can wear that, it doesn't have to be Lid.

AegisP posted:

Spend one round buffing, Imperiling, and Warp Decoying expecting a two round kill only to have Noctis, Elza, and Exdeath one round the bugger.

Don't have Noctis or Elza.

Vadun posted:

Any advice?

I had Cecil, Refia, CoD, Exdeath and Lightning, with a nearly 800 ATK Noctis buddy. Beat that boss less than a week ago. After trying to debuff with Aura Ball, Imperil, Warp Break and Sunbeam, I just went all out attack with CoD, my Lightning with Barrage, Noctis, and Exdeath, while Refia and Cecil (no Dualcasts because I've never drawn a Ludmille) were on heal duty.

I used all the turbo ethers and phoenix downs I was allowed to bring, as well as Osmose a couple time on Exdeath because I had him Dualcasting Meteors. Barrage Lightning (the recipient of all my Arena pots) and Noctis were the only survivors, with Lightning getting a field promotion to healer with Cura (sustainable with her mana refresh) and Noctis using regular attacks.

It was a miracle I did it with that setup and strategy. I hope this helps a little.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mrit SA posted:

I'm assuming everyone struggling on the boss or the dualcorns(?) doesn't have BC Lid, because she is an instant win.

Double post, but I'll ask again: should I switch to BC Lid for this event for new people?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mrit SA posted:

I have BCLid, she slept it one round and then it killed two people when it woke up and I was toast. What am I missing?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Everyone attacks. Then BC lids sleeps it. Just make sure lid goes last.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I finally give Dark Fina a try. She's almost dead. Uses bioga, game crashes. Reloads on the main menu, I'm out the energy and that's some hot bullshit right there.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mrit SA posted:

BC Lid doesn't always proc Paralyze on Vajra for some reason despite that being in defiance of how Hex Strike worked every other time. Blind always procs, though, as does Sleep on the Doublicorn.

My own problem, on PRO Doublicorns, is that my team doesn't have room for BC Lid because I have 5x bonus units and rely on a superpowered friend carry. Then again, that's what the Mirage Vest/Provoke combo is for.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

KataraniSword posted:

BC Lid doesn't always proc Paralyze on Vajra for some reason despite that being in defiance of how Hex Strike worked every other time. Blind always procs, though, as does Sleep on the Doublicorn.

My own problem, on PRO Doublicorns, is that my team doesn't have room for BC Lid because I have 5x bonus units and rely on a superpowered friend carry. Then again, that's what the Mirage Vest/Provoke combo is for.

I just sacrifice someone to the doublicorn because almost every lightning, gilgamesh or noctis I have can take it out in two turns. I really, really wish I had a not poo poo unit guys.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The one time I ran in to doublicorn it killed my friend Ace and almost killed cecil, then it died when I noticed I wasn't fighting the usual trash wave and I nuked the poo poo out of it with triple Exdeath power. :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I'm missing the terminology, what's BC Lid.

I got her not long ago in story and haven't touched her because I thought she had the HIV or something

• Locked thread