Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ryoga posted:

The model kit lets you swap between the Standard and Rebake frames, so maybe it's SRW inculsion will allow switching from the option parts menu?
That'd be a cool secret, and not too out of line with some other, similar scenarios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Endorph posted:

i'm mostly just sad that my favorite mech design from ibo belongs to a throwaway villain

None of us are new to Gundam, here.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Caphi posted:

You could make it like a Curse of Geass thing where Mika gets a massive AVS score at full bandwidth, in that case?

Ooo yea, a Synchro Rate thing like the Evas maybe? Mika getting obvious ace of +X max% connection bonus.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I do want to see an SRW with IBO, 00, and Wing in it. Go for maximum war orphan Gundam soldiers. Which team can out brood and trump each other in hidden Gundam skills.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Last night I realized I've already played GGG for 85 hours and the only storyline I have finished is the original Gundam. It is a lot of game.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
What the hell is GGG?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

NutritiousSnack posted:

What the hell is GGG?
Sorry, it's confusing to say in a thread about super robots I guess. SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, which came out about a month ago.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Thank you, I was totally lost

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Last night I realized I've already played GGG for 85 hours and the only storyline I have finished is the original Gundam. It is a lot of game.

I have probably around 90 and I have finished 0079, 0080, Zeta, CCA, and UC. ZZ is in progress but I wanted to get the Minovsky Craft version of the Ra Cailum. Been just using Carry Base.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah I'm around 90 hours and have most of the main stories done, with a few side stories. The last stage of the bigger shows usually takes forever.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I have probably around 90 and I have finished 0079, 0080, Zeta, CCA, and UC. ZZ is in progress but I wanted to get the Minovsky Craft version of the Ra Cailum. Been just using Carry Base.
Huh...it didn't feel like that long to me, so maybe I accidentally left the game running for a whole bunch of hours or something? I didn't think I was playing especially slowly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Huh...it didn't feel like that long to me, so maybe I accidentally left the game running for a whole bunch of hours or something? I didn't think I was playing especially slowly.

Did you leave it in Rest Mode at all? GGG plays weirdly with that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, lots of times.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, lots of times.

That's probably it then. My time is super-inflated for the same reason.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

That's probably it then. My time is super-inflated for the same reason.
Oh okay, that makes more sense. As it is I have finished the original Gundam and am 1-2 stages in to all the others.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Endorph posted:

Honestly, Aldnoah and IBO would be kind of hard to integrate because their roles are pretty much entirely reversed. In Aldnoah Mars is super advanced and powerful and Earth is treated as a massive underdog. In IBO, mars is a massive shithole that's only good for warm bodies and mining.

nah, the thing in Aldnoah is that Mars is a shithole, but they have an ancient plot device that can let them make crazy doom robots, and they're invading Earth so they can finally live somewhere that isn't awful. we don't really get to see enough of what Mars is like but the princess is all 'wouldn't it be nice, if we could live somewhere that has things like enough water to drink and air to breathe', and every shot we do see of the planet is indoors, so they might not have even managed terraforming like in IBO

now, how to reconcile Aldnoah's 'we didn't bring enough water' and Daybreak's 'gently caress we brought way too /much/ water' is another thing entirely

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gyra_Solune posted:

nah, the thing in Aldnoah is that Mars is a shithole, but they have an ancient plot device that can let them make crazy doom robots, and they're invading Earth so they can finally live somewhere that isn't awful.

So what I'm getting from this is this crossover needs Nadesico as well.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

ImpAtom posted:

I noticed this crap and it really annoyed me so I remember to either quit to the main menu or just quit the game before putting my PS4 in rest. I don't want an inflated timer like I have in other games.

I did the same thing in SRWZ3. I would save the game always before stepping away from my PS3 and then reload if it has been like 20 minutes or something like that.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.
Okay, before I make my decision, I have to know. Is GGG a good game and worth getting?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Okay, before I make my decision, I have to know. Is GGG a good game and worth getting?

It depends.

In terms of "it is a difficult game that will punishingly challenge me?" Not realy, unless you may jump right to hard mode and/or limit yourself to gimmick challenges, because it's so easy to grab a Unicorn or other ahead-of-the-curve unit and stomp on stages.

In terms of being a relatively fun Collect-A-Thon game where you get all your favorite UCmons? Yeah, it's pretty good at that.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

ImpAtom posted:

It depends.

In terms of "it is a difficult game that will punishingly challenge me?" Not realy, unless you may jump right to hard mode and/or limit yourself to gimmick challenges, because it's so easy to grab a Unicorn or other ahead-of-the-curve unit and stomp on stages.

In terms of being a relatively fun Collect-A-Thon game where you get all your favorite UCmons? Yeah, it's pretty good at that.

Okay, but is it worth me spending about £75/$90 to get the SGD PSN cards off of play asia?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Okay, but is it worth me spending about £75/$90 to get the SGD PSN cards off of play asia?

It has a shitload of content even despite being UC only. If it works for you you'll probably get that much out of it. (I got it for closer to $70 admittedly) It's hard to say "is that worth the price to me" because it is fairly expensive but you are getting your dollars worth in terms of how much time you'll spend on it. If it doesn't work for you then obvious it ain't. Have you played another GGen game before?

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

It has a shitload of content even despite being UC only. If it works for you you'll probably get that much out of it. (I got it for closer to $70 admittedly) It's hard to say "is that worth the price to me" because it is fairly expensive but you are getting your dollars worth in terms of how much time you'll spend on it. If it doesn't work for you then obvious it ain't. Have you played another GGen game before?

Unfortunately, I haven't. I've been meaning to play one but never really got around to it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Inferno-sama posted:

Unfortunately, I haven't. I've been meaning to play one but never really got around to it.

Yeah, it's hard to whole-treated recommend without that context since it's hard to tell if its gameplay cycle will be fun for you or not. So it really down to "do you really like the UC robots and plotlines?" If you're answer to that isn't anything "Yeah, sure," then probably it isn't worth it.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, it's hard to whole-treated recommend without that context since it's hard to tell if its gameplay cycle will be fun for you or not. So it really down to "do you really like the UC robots and plotlines?" If you're answer to that isn't anything "Yeah, sure," then probably it isn't worth it.

Well, then I guess it's probably worth it for me, since I really like the UC.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I don't necessarily think GGG is all that good. Like, I have played a lot of it but I don't really know if it is a good game or I just like it because it is Gundam. It has a lot of content but sometimes it really feels that a lot of play time is padded at first by story bits and some lame long rear end missions. But I can put Sayla in Nu Gundam and that's what I really just wanted. Most of the main UC stuff is pretty good, though Unicorn drags one quite a lot because of all the story bits (CCA has a similar issue though the end is done in a way I am happy with. If only it had BEYOND THE TIME to make it awesome). My biggest complaint would be the lack of more generic style cut ins for characters, as really a game like this is about fanservice and presentations but the game feels pretty barebones in that area. I really wanted a lot of fanservice out of the game. Like every character should go "FIN FUNNEL!" in Nu Gundam. No excuse there. :colbert: But it's fun having all these UC MSs and putting characters in them and stuff. I like Disgaea, and this game scratches that itch for me.

My only prior experience is like 2 hours of Overworld. And the God Finger Compilation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHHwDQ5uHlo

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 14, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess GGG is the beginning of a new stage in the franchise for them so it's intentionally a bit barebones. Overworld is the last of the previous stage so of course it is completely loaded with the content of all the previous games.

Frankly I'm okay with a more story focused and less brutal game and GGG is fine for me.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I am fine with more story focused, and would like them to be more so than they are. But some things happen only in the intermissions between missions. Like, Garma getting Garma'd by Char happens in a cutscene only between missions instead of being a level.

Also, I really wish they wouldn't do A New Translation all the time now for Zeta. Really awkward getting the movie version for Zeta, then firing up the ZZ campaign and you get the standard post-Zeta Kamille in it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I think of it as a Warriors game. Sometimes I want a game that's grindy as poo poo because I'm listening to a podcast or whatever but I want to do something with my hands.

I'd probably sit up and pay attention if they did a G Gen Origin that takes all the disparate OYW side stories and tried to directly interweave them into Amuro's story. Like, instead of going to Doan's Island they run across Master P. Layer.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

I think of it as a Warriors game. Sometimes I want a game that's grindy as poo poo because I'm listening to a podcast or whatever but I want to do something with my hands.

I'd probably sit up and pay attention if they did a G Gen Origin that takes all the disparate OYW side stories and tried to directly interweave them into Amuro's story. Like, instead of going to Doan's Island they run across Master P. Layer.

Throughout the story Amuro would constantly make comments about how how the Gundam can't keep up with him anymore while making awkward glances at the increasing number of Gundams on the White Base that were originally supposed to be his upgrade.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
"Look Amuro, we would give you a new one, but Bork Cry is extremely important to the war effort."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if doan's zaku can be in gundam vs, i want doan's zaku to be in a super robot wars game

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Endorph posted:

if doan's zaku can be in gundam vs, i want doan's zaku to be in a super robot wars game

It's been a long time since I played it, but I'm pretty sure he was in G Generation Advance and he had an event with Master Asia that gave his Zaku a Super Mode.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

Son Ryo posted:

It's been a long time since I played it, but I'm pretty sure he was in G Generation Advance and he had an event with Master Asia that gave his Zaku a Super Mode.

It was pairing him up with Domon and having him fight Nimbus in the EXAM-powered Efreet Custom. I've played the handheld G Gen games too much.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Ethiser posted:

Throughout the story Amuro would constantly make comments about how how the Gundam can't keep up with him anymore while making awkward glances at the increasing number of Gundams on the White Base that were originally supposed to be his upgrade.

"Bright, we can't keep relying on Amuro like this. The pressure is too much!"

"We have to, Mirai, there's no one else!"

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

The GIG posted:

"Look Amuro, we would give you a new one, but Bork Cry is extremely important to the war effort."

Considering how much of a dick the Major was, I think Bork deserves to keep the Pixy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HitTheTargets posted:

"Bright, we can't keep relying on Amuro like this. The pressure is too much!"

"We have to, Mirai, there's no one else!"
"What about Io?"

"... as I said, there's no one else!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I like to imagine exactly how people feel in GGGen when you bring in your original units.

"Sir, they're coming in with a dozen Zaku! .. wait, sir, something just appeared on our radar. It's... it's... a giant playing die with a Gundam head on top?" "... Thank god, we're saved!"

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I like to imagine exactly how people feel in GGGen when you bring in your original units.

"Sir, they're coming in with a dozen Zaku! .. wait, sir, something just appeared on our radar. It's... it's... a giant playing die with a Gundam head on top?" "... Thank god, we're saved!"

We kind of got that in Skull Heart with the B Gundam, or whatever it was called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The UC history books are funny reads because every dramatic event ended when a glowing green god Unicorn came in, waved its hand to paralyze everything, and zoomed over to karate chop the biggest dick on the scene.

• Locked thread