Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Phimosissy posted:

How the gently caress did the world's most pissy pissbabies all find this thread?

Well, we all thought Nintendo would change after the failure with the Wii U. Instead, they doubled down on the stupidity. It sucks, especially for old school Nintendo fans. Even me. When all it would take is a littlle less nickel and diming, and providing real value. Say, for instance, an online service that lets us keep those thirty year old NES games as we aubscribe to their likely over paid and hilariously lovely online service. Or, Say, the pro controller we bought with a poo poo console in the Wii U, to keep Nintendo afloat, maybe the new one should be 39 or maybe, just maybe, they can allow the loving old one to work with the new one? Holy gently caress. Maybe they could launch something that isn't so loving anti consumerism?

This entire launch makes Microsoft look like Jesus Christ. Think about that. And then continue on your paid for post crusade and find a new job. Preferably one with ethics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Utnayan posted:

Say, for instance, an online service that lets us keep those thirty year old NES games as we aubscribe to their likely over paid and hilariously lovely online service. Or, Say, the pro controller we bought with a poo poo console in the Wii U, to keep Nintendo afloat, maybe the new one should be 39 or maybe, just maybe, they can allow the loving old one to work with the new one? Holy gently caress. Maybe they could launch something that isn't so loving anti consumerism?

This entire launch makes Microsoft look like Jesus Christ. Think about that. And then continue on your paid for post crusade and find a new job. Preferably one with ethics.

FIFUTY DORRARU should probably be the new thread title

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you want to keep sounding off on the two or three talking points about how this is the most worst badlaunch in the history of video games, gently caress off to the GBS thread.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Utnayan posted:

Well, we all thought Nintendo would change after the failure with the Wii U. Instead, they doubled down on the stupidity. It sucks, especially for old school Nintendo fans. Even me. When all it would take is a littlle less nickel and diming, and providing real value. Say, for instance, an online service that lets us keep those thirty year old NES games as we aubscribe to their likely over paid and hilariously lovely online service. Or, Say, the pro controller we bought with a poo poo console in the Wii U, to keep Nintendo afloat, maybe the new one should be 39 or maybe, just maybe, they can allow the loving old one to work with the new one? Holy gently caress. Maybe they could launch something that isn't so loving anti consumerism?

Lol

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If you want to keep sounding off on the two or three talking points about how this is the most worst badlaunch in the history of video games, gently caress off to the GBS thread.

that title belongs to the ps4 pro, which unbelievable did not launch with games and still to this day has no games. no exclusives nothing. unbelievable. people are still waiting for their pro exclusives

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Utnayan posted:

Lmfao I'M NOT THE PISSBABY

*pisses self in impotent rage about video games*

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

It IS the worst launch of any console I have seen in my entire gaming life. What loving planet do you live on? Christ, you were the guy that told the OP to hold off on this post until the actual launch day. That's loving laughable.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Utnayan posted:

It IS the worst launch of any console I have seen in my entire gaming life. What loving planet do you live on?

Then you are far to young to legally have an account on somethingawful.com.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

its obviously not the worst, with the wii u people weren't even sure what was being launched

the sad thing is that i own a wii u and it has the best exclusive lineup of this generation by far but no one knows it thanks to it being a dumb piece of hardware

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

imagine getting an xbox 360 and perfect dark zero in 2005

turn it on and the xbox sounds like a jet turbine... perfect dark zero.. is.. closer to zero than perfect

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Then you are far to young to legally have an account on somethingawful.com.

Oh no. Trust me. I call out shitbag shills like you. All it takes is for anyone here to look at your post history. How's that paycheck.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Utnayan posted:

Oh no. Trust me. I call out shitbag shills like you. All it takes is for anyone here to look at your post history. How's that paycheck.

Nice meltdown

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Please let the next few pages of this thread be that guy exposing other goons for shilling on a pay-to-read internet forum that hasn't been relevant in about a decade

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Utnayan posted:

It IS the worst launch of any console I have seen in my entire gaming life. What loving planet do you live on? Christ, you were the guy that told the OP to hold off on this post until the actual launch day. That's loving laughable.

the wii u launch was way worse

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Utnayan posted:

SHILL. SHILL. SHILL.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

deadwing posted:

Nice meltdown

The truth hurts. The guy is a loving paid for shill to shout down criticism. Melt down equals the truth.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

The 3ds launch was way way way worse

Street fighter port, OOT port, and loving Steel Diver, lmao

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Utnayan posted:

Ahahahahaha. I'm not turning into a massive pantshitting vortex about a dissapointing presentation and a completely normal sparse launch, I must be a paid shill. Get the gently caress back to infowars. Jfc.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

what if the worst launch in history is this:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

deadwing posted:

Nice meltdown

i'm sad this expression isn't probatable yet because it consistently manages to use the word meltdown incorrectly, even when you consider it's an obvious hyperbole

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Kurtofan posted:

Not even close. Not this time with everything they are loving up. I can list it all again if you want.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Utnayan posted:

Lmao what even is this post

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
For this to be the worst console launch you've ever seen it must be the only console launch you've ever seen.

Like even the PS4 Pro was more underwhelming since they still have no compelling reason to buy the thing. Not even A Game. The Xbox One launch was a trash fire unlike anything the world has ever seen. The Wii U launch was so bad the average consumer didn't even know it was a console

E: and that's just recent history

trash person fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 14, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
The worst launch in video games, for a console that could've actually had a chance in modern times, is the Saturn.

The N64 launched with literally two games in NA, though as a child Mario 64 was enough. That kinda thing doesn't really fly in an era where launches usually have a wide variety and large number of launch titles.

The Switch's does look terrible though, from a perspective of them releasing four games not on their previous console for launch and also having an awful presentation for it.

trash person posted:

For this to be the worst console launch you've ever seen it must be the only console launch you've ever seen.

Like even the PS4 Pro was more underwhelming since they still have no compelling reason to buy the thing. Not even A Game. The Xbox One launch was a trash fire unlike anything the world has ever seen. The Wii U launch was so bad the average consumer didn't even know it was a console

The Xbone's launch was fine, though. The initial reveal was the shitshow, though they backtracked on all of the shittiness in like less than 48 hours.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jan 14, 2017

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bill Trinen himself gives me 4 blowjob coupons a month to remind people on Something Awful Dot Com that while the Wii U hardware was a critical failure, it had some great first party games.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ethanol posted:

what if the worst launch in history is this:

cool minigame let me charge 50 bucks for that.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ahahahahaha. I'm not turning into a massive pantshitting vortex about a dissapointing presentation and a completely normal sparse launch, I must be a paid shill. Get the gently caress back to infowars. Jfc.

You told the loving OP he should have held off on the thread until the system launched on 3/3. Seriously. You said that.

How is the propaganda ministry job holding on for you in Iran? Good food?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

didnt the wii have a very similar launch title set up. zelda and then basically nothing except a handful of motion gimmick games

anyways i just the swithc much more harshly on being underpowered and not very portable

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

mike12345 posted:

cool minigame let me charge 50 bucks for that.

FIFETY DORRRRARU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Utnayan posted:

:qq: :qq: :qq:

I got an NES at launch. Don't tell me every :corsair: Nintendo fan is a pissbaby.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

ethanol posted:

didnt the wii have a very similar launch title set up. zelda and then basically nothing except a handful of motion gimmick games

yes but then every grandpa bought it when the American Heart Association said it was good for your health

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Phimosissy posted:

:qq: :qq: :qq:

I got an NES at launch. Don't tell me every :corsair: Nintendo fan is a pissbaby.

I had ROB and gyromite. I loved NES for bringing gaming back from an industry crash in 83.

You are a good man and a good poster. Don't gently caress it up.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Utnayan posted:

You told the loving OP he should have held off on the thread until the system launched on 3/3. Seriously. You said that.

How is the propaganda ministry job holding on for you in Iran? Good food?

Holy poo poo were you not around when the original switch reveal happened? The this exact thing happened. All you've managed to expose is that I a computer capable of learning. Beep boop.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

trash person posted:

Let's go back further: The DS only launched with Mario 64 and that lovely Rub Rabbit game for months. The PS3 launch was pathetic, too.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ethanol posted:

anyways i just the swithc much more harshly on being underpowered and not very portable

interestingly, the wii was also a terrible console

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Kawabata posted:

yes but then every grandpa bought it when the American Heart Association said it was good for your health

yeah actually i treated the wii almost exactly like im treating the switch. underpowered and gimmicky. so I'll prob end up owning one when mario comes around

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Utnayan posted:

congrats on making this years "gaming ambrosia" posts!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Holy poo poo were you not around when the original switch reveal happened? The this exact thing happened. All you've managed to expose is that I a computer capable of learning. Beep boop.

What did you just type. People above you are paying for this.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Utnayan is the same guy who accused me of working for a Minneapolis-based marketing firm to shill for Star Wars Battlefront—whose thread on SA I am the OP of—and then after I called him out for being a weird post history snooper (I do post in the Mpls goonmeet thread but definitely don't work for a marketing firm) he sent me a PM insisting I still was.

Get help dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Utnayan is the same guy who accused me of working for a Minneapolis-based marketing firm to shill for Star Wars Battlefront—whose thread on SA I am the OP of—and then after I called him out for being a weird post history snooper (I do post in the Mpls goonmeet thread but definitely don't work for a marketing firm) he sent me a PM insisting I still was.

Get help dude.

:yikes:

• Locked thread