Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is that the new addition Johns was hinting at, then?

No, Seed is completely separate to their primetime stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is that the new addition Johns was hinting at, then?

Probably not, it's not a Tv show.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

In a surprising shock, the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover will have Music Meister as its big bad. /sarcasm

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Scyantific posted:

In a surprising shock, the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover will have Music Meister as its big bad. /sarcasm

Now they just need Joss Whedon to write some original songs. I know Joss isn't popular on Something Awful, but after "Once More With Feeling" and Dr. Horrible, who else could do a better job?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Now they just need Joss Whedon to write some original songs. I know Joss isn't popular on Something Awful, but after "Once More With Feeling" and Dr. Horrible, who else could do a better job?

Stephen Sondheim.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Stephen Sondheim.

Touche -- and probably Whedon's biggest musical influence. But realistically, he'd never even dream of doing it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whedon made 2 billion dollar movies. I think he's beyond DC TV now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Aphrodite posted:

Whedon made 2 billion dollar movies. I think he's beyond DC TV now.

Whedon's first project after the Avengers was black and white version of Much Ado About Nothing filmed at his house with a group of his friends.

If he's interested in something (and available) I don't think scale is going to be an issue.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I posted in the Flash thread, but Keith David is going to voice Solovar on The Flash in ep 13 and 14.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Whedon's first project after the Avengers was black and white version of Much Ado About Nothing filmed at his house with a group of his friends.

If he's interested in something (and available) I don't think scale is going to be an issue.

I would love Whedon to go back to TV, he's poo poo at movies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I would love Whedon to go back to TV, he's poo poo at movies.

He's also poo poo at TV

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Scyantific posted:

They announced this months ago.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rhyno posted:

They announced this months ago.

They announced the musical episode months ago, today they confirmed that the Music Meister is going to be the villain of the episode and suggested they are trying to get NPH for the role.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

He's also poo poo at TV

Between Buffy, Angel and Firefly he's exec produced at least five seasons of really good television.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I liked Much Ado About Nothing but this is less a statement about him willing to do low budget as it is a statement that he's cool with making money to goof off with his friends. That was not a labor intensive project.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

I liked Much Ado About Nothing but this is less a statement about him willing to do low budget as it is a statement that he's cool with making money to goof off with his friends. That was not a labor intensive project.

Oh, it absolutely wasn't, it was basically a production crew shooting one of his dinner parties where he'd have his actor friends come over and do Shakespeare readings.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone seen and does anyone have any opinions on the 2010 miniseries The Phantom (based on the Lee Falk pulp character) by SyFy?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Defenders is the cover story of this week's EW. Also, Weaver's villain is named Alexandra, which doesn't square with any recognizable comic book character; I'm still guessing she's a loosely adapted Ken Wind, which would fit with The Hand being the antagonists, but who knows.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Upset that Matt isn't facing the wrong way.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oh man, every promo looks worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6DPfMzRQfM

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
This looks like a concept for an SNL skit that was cut for time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Legion is looking pretty cool, at the very least it doesn't seem to be another book/character forced into becoming a police procedural.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Now i feel bad that Alan Tudyk is stuck in this crappy show

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

site posted:

Now i feel bad that Alan Tudyk is stuck in this crappy show

He's only stuck if it's a success.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He's only stuck if it's a success.

In that case at least he'll be back on the market in 6 months

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It looks like someone lost a really big bet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Wasn't he related to Lex Luthor in the original promo?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I gotta say, I'm only familiar with Vanessa Hudgens due to the hilarious Rifftrax version of High School Musical, but if these promos are anything to go by she's still a very poor actress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I gotta say, I'm only familiar with Vanessa Hudgens due to the hilarious Rifftrax version of High School Musical, but if these promos are anything to go by she's still a very poor actress.

She's pretty. She doesn't have to have acting skills.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

muscles like this! posted:

Wasn't he related to Lex Luthor in the original promo?

Wow, they completely re-tooled it since June. Different everything (except superheroes exist). Looks like they traded Kate Micucci for Ron Funches too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpgEie2UJc

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It still looks like a big ripoff of Better Off Ted. I still would rather just have more Better Off Ted. Have a palette cleanser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7Nz4bIwss

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Looks like they traded Kate Micucci

She traded up for DuckTales.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Just watch this 36 times in a row followed by this and this.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

I hated every second. Van Wayne? Come on!

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I won't lie to you guys, I laughed at the big picture joke

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

omg chael crash posted:

I won't lie to you guys, I laughed at the big picture joke

Same here. I'll watch it for Tudyk, but that's only guaranteeing like, two episodes at most.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

RevKrule posted:

It still looks like a big ripoff of Better Off Ted. I still would rather just have more Better Off Ted. Have a palette cleanser.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh7Nz4bIwss

Better Off Ted creator Victor Fresco has a new Netflix comedy series with Drew Barrymore and Tim Olyphant coming out. So just watch that instead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just as likely to have Batman in it.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Medullah posted:

She traded up for DuckTales.

Woo hoo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SonicRulez posted:

I hated every second. Van Wayne? Come on!

The obvious punchline is that it's a common name and he's lying about being related. I guarantee some WB exec thought that was hilarious when he pitched it to the writers.