Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

When did indy wrestling become a race to make the worst poster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

dont even fink about it posted:

Since the beginning of the indies.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

dont even fink about it posted:

That poster isn't a picture of Doctor Gonzo's avatar so it can't be the worst poster ever.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

achillesforever6 posted:

That poster isn't a picture of Doctor Gonzo's avatar so it can't be the worst poster ever.

:drat:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
today i bought a bullet club shirt from chase owens, the bullet club member who probably appreciates that revenue the most, so i feel pretty good about supporting independent wrestling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Drew Galloway just announced that 5* Wrestling got a deal with Spike TV in the UK, and Kurt Angle will be a commentator for them.

They've got Rey, Morrison & Carlito wrestling for them, scuttlebutt has it that they're also trying to sign Brit indie guys to contracts that would prevent them from working WWE, WoS or WCPW. loving lol.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
Should British dudes be considering themselves extremely valuable right now

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

checksin posted:

British dudes should always consider themselves extremely valuable, they're so handsome and charming.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

checksin posted:

today i bought a bullet club shirt from chase owens, the bullet club member who probably appreciates that revenue the most, so i feel pretty good about supporting independent wrestling

Same but an Auto'd Mr. Grim picture. I got one of the Mercenary too and gave that to my friend. Support the Indies!

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

checksin posted:

Probably. But there are enough skeptics who are starting to feel like this is a bubble.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Edit

Willninho fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 14, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

-whoops-

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Heard Ivelisse showed up "injured" to SHINE which caused them to delay the show 20 minutes and strip her of her title?

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
The show didn't start 20 minutes late (and really Shine never starts on time). But yes, she was stripped of her title and the reason was injury.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

wagnike2 posted:

The show didn't start 20 minutes late (and really Shine never starts on time). But yes, she was stripped of her title and the reason was injury.

No it wasn't actually:

https://twitter.com/FloSlam/status/820091704749473792

No other questions.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

Drew Galloway just announced that 5* Wrestling got a deal with Spike TV in the UK, and Kurt Angle will be a commentator for them.

They've got Rey, Morrison & Carlito wrestling for them, scuttlebutt has it that they're also trying to sign Brit indie guys to contracts that would prevent them from working WWE, WoS or WCPW. loving lol.

This is mad. I went to a 5* show in Newcastle which they put on to promote their crap game (they didn't actually mention the game once).

It was the most bizarre show I've been to, the heels went over in every match and the thing was so late to start the arena was half the attendance by the end.

It doesn't have a positive reputation to say the least.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's a fake promotion made to promote a bad knockoff wrestling game with parody wwe characters. the british scene is mad weird

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Went to Wrestle Circus in Austin. Got to see GoD and Killer Elite tonight, but more importantly, I got to see the Impact Grand Championship belt in person. I would've said hi to Moose, but I realized his match against Jeff Cobb that night was the first one of his I'd seen, so I instead spent most of the night avoiding making too much eye contact with him when he was hanging out at the door. Ricochet's gonna be at their show next month and announcing that was awkwardly the biggest pop of the night.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

guerrillas of destiny vs KES was a ridiculous brawl. just an intense back and forth rear end kicking for about 10 minutes. 4 star match. sammy guevara vs killshot was also really really good. sammy should be in wwe or new japan. he's wrestling ricochet next month, which had its show date moved to not compete with pwg.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cobb vs moose was also fun. elgin vs cage was an intense suplex and head drop match. cage won. the pre intermission matches were just kind of there.

no idea if its relevant but KES had their suzukigun cuts on them for this show so i guess that means they're going to be relevant in njpw again?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/GallowaySpeaks/status/820612816151449601

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I assume those who saw Mr. Grim and Chase Owens were at CWE, how was the show?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

its me glenda posted:

guerrillas of destiny vs KES was a ridiculous brawl. just an intense back and forth rear end kicking for about 10 minutes. 4 star match. .

that's good to hear since I'm sure we'll be getting that matchup in NJPW later this year

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I assume those who saw Mr. Grim and Chase Owens were at CWE, how was the show?

It was fine. Guys like ACH and Chase worked about as hard as you could expect in front of 100 people but they were entertaining and the promotion is coming back in April. I hope they keep doing better as there isn't much for wrestling in this part of the world these days.

Hell WWE Smackdown tour is coming in February and that's the first time WWE has been here since 2011. (I got tickets for that too)

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
We're a garbage crowd who sat on our hands for most of the show and I'll never forgive myself for it

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
So Balor just showed up at Progress.... https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/820670043163885568

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume it's a make-good for loving with their card, much like when they had him do the ICW Hydro show because they pulled Foley from it.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Must be, because now Tommy End answered a challenge by Jimmy Havoc

https://twitter.com/TheIndyCorner/status/820681322217750529

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlecircus owns

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/820843426040180736

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

I was trying to get Beyond to book him for months last year when they were hyping hoss fights every show to no avail. WrestleCircus is for the people.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
I just realized I'm going to see Goldberg and Scott Norton live weeks apart. The gently caress.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hype af for the next wrestlecircus show.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Ktik posted:

I was trying to get Beyond to book him for months last year when they were hyping hoss fights every show to no avail. WrestleCircus is for the people.

Ya gotta remember too, Drew is a fan of indie stars of the past not so much WWF/WCW/ECW stars of the past.

Surprised AIW didn't get Norton first.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Ya gotta remember too, Drew is a fan of indie stars of the past not so much WWF/WCW/ECW stars of the past.

Surprised AIW didn't get Norton first.

I think I remember hearing AIW wanted to have Fire and Ice in their tag tournament or something, but couldn't figure out how to get a hold of Ice Train.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just randomly watched the first Nitro where Scott Norton debuts by bumrushing the announcers and hoarsely screaming that he wants competition and I forever fell in love with that mountain of a man.

So it warms my heart to randomly find out that he's having a moment and still looks like a brick wall.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Big Bidness posted:

I think I remember hearing AIW wanted to have Fire and Ice in their tag tournament or something, but couldn't figure out how to get a hold of Ice Train.

Vicious and Delicious vs. Young Bucks please

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Buff's in Atlanta right? Make this happen.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

he knows...
gig me like the butcher