Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A Man and his dog posted:

Costa Rica isn't THAT bad. But half the time in the taxi you think you are going to die or fall off a cliff.

I drunkenly gave a taxi driver like an extra hundred bucks in jack and he chased me down to give it back.

Pura vida

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Oh yeah. DC is the worst I've seen in America, but that can't compare to the poo poo that goes on abroad. The things you see on traffic cameras in China and Russia...

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shenzhen is fairly terrifying to drive in

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Go the Texans :toot: I am poised to watch either an execution or the greatest game of my life.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Costa Rican roads made me really car sick. Also hated the loving road to Hana in Maui, it's like being stuck in hell on loop.

Those are some of my thoughts on roads TFF thanks.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 14, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Within the US the DC metro area is the worst I've seen but nothing ever holds a candle to places like India and China.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ki3t0fIync

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has Atlanta played any other teams this year where they had to maintain contain on a quarterback and stay disciplined and not over pursue? That seems to be the best way to handle Wilson's elusiveness, force him to go backwards, don't let him go laterally.

When they played Seattle in the regular season they gave Russell Wilson enormous running lanes and dared him to run - he was hurt, so he didn't. When they played GB, they manned up on the outside receivers and let Rodgers run for first down after first down. When they played the Panthers, Vic Beasley spied Cam and did a pretty good job of it. You can get away with having the entirety of your pass rush spy vs the Panthers because their offense this year is so inconsistent that you don't need to apply much pressure to beat it.

What I'm saying is, the Falcons D probably won't impact Russell Wilson much today. Their defense's best chance is if Rawls doesn't get extra yards and they play Graham & Baldwin tough. Which they're capable of doing, but not consistently enough that those guys won't make some plays. So Matt has to be locked in today (he will be) and Kyle has to call an awesome game against a very prepared Seahawks D.

The worst case scenario for the Falcons probably looks like the Eagles game, where they got badly out-physicaled on both lines. Philly's badass OL controlled the game and their offense had the ball for 40 minutes. Seahawks had no problem stuffing the run and getting big hits on Ryan earlier in the season, and there's no reason that should be different today. But if Atlanta's DL plays competitively the Falcons should have a good opportunity to win.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks are going to put matt on his rear end, and it's going to be a very rough game for the falcons

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Shenzhen is fairly terrifying to drive in

I've spent about 5 months total in China for work travel (:smithicide:) and how I've never seen someone die on those highways is a total mystery to me.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

China traffic bros ITT. Was an expat in Tianjin for 4 years, death by insane taxi seemed inevitable. No one pays attention to lanes, speed limits, etc. People drive on the wrong side, constant honking, and a sea of bicycles everywhere you go.

Anyways, I hope the games are actually good and competitive this weekend.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

buddhanc posted:

China traffic bros ITT. Was an expat in Tianjin for 4 years, death by insane taxi seemed inevitable. No one pays attention to lanes, speed limits, etc. People drive on the wrong side, constant honking, and a sea of bicycles everywhere you go.

Anyways, I hope the games are actually good and competitive this weekend.

Holy poo poo, Tianjin is where I was at when I was in China for a summer. It was the most insane traffic I've ever seen.

So we only have the one game today, right?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
One game and one public execution, yes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/819561123066314753

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DNS posted:

When they played Seattle in the regular season they gave Russell Wilson enormous running lanes and dared him to run - he was hurt, so he didn't. When they played GB, they manned up on the outside receivers and let Rodgers run for first down after first down. When they played the Panthers, Vic Beasley spied Cam and did a pretty good job of it. You can get away with having the entirety of your pass rush spy vs the Panthers because their offense this year is so inconsistent that you don't need to apply much pressure to beat it.

What I'm saying is, the Falcons D probably won't impact Russell Wilson much today. Their defense's best chance is if Rawls doesn't get extra yards and they play Graham & Baldwin tough. Which they're capable of doing, but not consistently enough that those guys won't make some plays. So Matt has to be locked in today (he will be) and Kyle has to call an awesome game against a very prepared Seahawks D.

The worst case scenario for the Falcons probably looks like the Eagles game, where they got badly out-physicaled on both lines. Philly's badass OL controlled the game and their offense had the ball for 40 minutes. Seahawks had no problem stuffing the run and getting big hits on Ryan earlier in the season, and there's no reason that should be different today. But if Atlanta's DL plays competitively the Falcons should have a good opportunity to win.

I just want to see Paul "ODB" Richardson on the field instead of loving Kearse.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Holy poo poo, Tianjin is where I was at when I was in China for a summer. It was the most insane traffic I've ever seen.

So we only have the one game today, right?

The Texans don't even feel insulted by this.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

The Dave posted:

Costa Rican roads made me really car sick. Also hated the loving road to Hana in Kauai, it's like being stuck in hell on loop.

Those are some of my thoughts on roads TFF thanks.

Kauai is traffic hell. We were staying in Princeville and the drive back from Waimea Canyon in the middle of the day made me want to kill myself.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I hope the Texans win and we can spam this at Pats posters for years to come

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm surprised that the better matchup is the afternoon game rather than evening. Or is Saturday evening a death slot?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

I hope the Texans win and we can spam this at Pats posters for years to come

:getin:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Matt Ryan will actually do well if the refs don't let the Seahawks cheat all day again, hth

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

big dicks big moves

quote:

Panthers signed DB Dezmen Southward to a reserve/future contract.

A third-round pick by the Falcons in 2014, Southward attempted a switch to corner after his rookie season but was ultimately waived midway through 2015. The Panthers listed him as a safety upon signing, so he may be switching back. Southward will compete for a bottom of the roster spot over the summer.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Raku posted:

Matt Ryan will actually do well if the refs don't let the Seahawks cheat all day again, hth

You are severely misremembering the game

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

You are severely misremembering the game

You're right, he meant to say the refs were blatantly cheating by letting the seahawks beat up those innocent skill position players

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Raku posted:

It's the playoffs, don't be a whiny bitch, play harder.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Could Seahawks DBs benefit with Gene Steratore as referee at Falcons? - NFL Nation- ESPN
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/228612/nfl-divisional-playoffs-officiating-scouting-report-seahawks-dbs-can-let-it-fly

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I went to Atlanta for a work conference like 25 years ago and my coworker and I rented a car at the airport. We were planning to do some sightseeing but the drive from the airport to the downtown hotel was so terrifying that we said gently caress that. It sat in the hotel parking garage the whole time.

I don't expect the Seahawks to win but if they can get pressure on Ryan, the oline does it's job (have had flashes of competence lately), and Rawls can get going I can see them making a game out of it.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I'm not necessarily worried about Seattle's front four. They're gonna hit Ryan, there's no way around that - but he's expecting it, and he's been pulling the trigger on big time throws while getting his rear end beat all season long, including @SEA back in October. Kris Richards could definitely cook up some pressures Atlanta isn't prepared for though, especially now that Bobby Wagner has developed such killer blitz timing (like he wasn't good enough already), and I can see that really loving things up.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

So nobody can actually see this? It's just like all the posts you make when the Seahawks lose.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

achillesforever6 posted:

What is the post apocalyptic movie comparison to the Ft Duquense Bridge and the Parkway East at 4:30 pm? Because its hell on Earth and I wish for the death of everyone around me because gently caress them I want to go home.

Like zombie apocalypse level gridlock. I'm so grateful that my route home is 279N. Pittsburgh's traffic issues are almost entirely topographical tho. There are infinite bridges over the rivers but so few tunnels through mountains, and that's where the bottlenecks happen

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Like zombie apocalypse level gridlock. I'm so grateful that my route home is 279N. Pittsburgh's traffic issues are almost entirely topographical tho. There are infinite bridges over the rivers but so few tunnels through mountains, and that's where the bottlenecks happen

Pittsburgh is much better traffic wise than Norfolk at least.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Traffic https://youtu.be/6OGvj7GZSIo

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Flikken posted:

Pittsburgh is much better traffic wise than Norfolk at least.

It really isn't bad compared to most cities for sure

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It really isn't bad compared to most cities for sure

Granted most of my Pittsburgh Driving is going East-West on I-376

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
News: The mighty Seahawks are going to hold down and violate Matt Ryan after forcing Dan Quinn to sign a consent form on his behalf

Views: It's gonna be a good game when Green Bay comes to the Clink

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Some of the most insane driving I've ever seen was in Paris at the Arc de triomphe. Guys would drive into the roundabout on mopeds in full speed and all the cars would just have to slam their brakes.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Flikken posted:

Granted most of my Pittsburgh Driving is going East-West on I-376

Still subject to the Squirrel Hill and Fort Pitt tunnels, which can be maddening

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Future and Bow Wow are hanging out on the Falcons sideline. Echoes of the Too Legit To Quit Falcons

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I once lived in a place where there were never any traffic jams, people had excellent lane discipline, and the speed limit was about 75 miles an hour though there was really no reason to ever go so slowly.

It was the being a Patriots fan of driving conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Still subject to the Squirrel Hill and Fort Pitt tunnels, which can be maddening

Beats the gently caress out the HRBT and I-264 Bridge.

• Locked thread