Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a kitten posted:

Ah, yeah i should have figured. I'm also kind of torn between just completely winging it, or going overboard with research online before actually starting.

I'll probably end up doing what i did in DS, which is to play blindly for a bit then restart once i get a feel for things and learn what i actually need to look online to find out more about and/or decide i don't like how my character looks.

There's only one thing that's important that you can miss permanently, and it's not essential, I played most of it blind then checked for stuff I'd missed towards the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

^^^^
cool!

https://twitter.com/matsuda_neko/status/818696550972952576

Numbers Station Girls, now we're talking.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

quote:

Iso praises the Flip Flappers ED, and then: “Projects like Flip Flappers just aren’t the right venue when it comes to making use of Oshiyama’s talents. Obviously the fault lies with the producer(s), too; how could they see that ED then have him make some random moe anime from it?”

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

What the

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah yes, Flip Flappers, a random moe slice of life, that is definitely what that show is

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

he's right

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
But would you say the girls are

~Moé~?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you could probably make an argument for oshiyama being forced to make "some random moe anime" if he hadn't had an extensive interview where he talked about how the only things that were really asked by producers were, like, a magical girl transformation every few episodes and the entire staff, including him, basically came up with everything else on their own

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

And assuming you can even remotely argue FF is "some random moe anime"; it's about the farthest thing from a gentle SOL or cgdct show.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

flip flappers is a moe anime because it has female main characters. that's how this works.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

euphonium? moe. flip flappers? moe. utena? moe.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Gundam? Moe. Evangelion? Moe. Elfen Lied? Moe.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is Tanya The Evil moe?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Is Tanya The Evil moe?

yes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the cast of dennou coil is mostly young girls from what i saw, so i don't think that's why iso is calling flip flappers moe. i think he's doing it because... it's much more colorful and high-energy? i really can't think of any reason other than that the characters have much more energy than most other things oshiyama's worked on

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

the cast of dennou coil is mostly young girls from what i saw, so i don't think that's why iso is calling flip flappers moe. i think he's doing it because... it's much more colorful and high-energy? i really can't think of any reason other than that the character have much more energy than most other things oshiyama's worked on

he's a good author, so his girls aren't moe

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Is Black Lagoon moe

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
iso is a good director and dennou coil is a cool show but if he's just pooping on flip flappers because it's a ridiculous high-energy, colorful magical girl show then i think he's being dumb

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Seems like an oddly rude thing to say with Oshiyama right there, too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Seems like an oddly rude thing to say with Oshiyama right there, too.

i mean, they've worked with each other in the past and oshiyama mentioned his friends giving him crap for flip flappers not being as crazy with visuals as some of is other stuff, so i imagine it's not the first time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the tone might be more friendly banter than it comes across in a stiff text tl, but it's still a dumb thing to say

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

How many times will I restart Bloodborne I wonder. I'm already at three, mostly just because I wanted to try all three weapons. But, I'm still not sure what origin I should pick.

Noble Scion for bloodtinge builds, Cruel Fate for arcane builds (neither should be attempted until you've gotten very familiar with the game), Military Veteran for pretty much everyone else.

Bloodtinge and arcane are to a certain extent all-or-nothing stats, although there is a case for taking arcane to 15 or 18 for some utility. For arcane to really shine, you want it to be in the 84-99 range, though, because its scaling works entirely differently than other stats.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

this comic is so fuckin good and always so good and im gonna destroy everybody who didnt believe me when i said it, as it was starting

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sharkopath posted:

this comic is so fuckin good and always so good and im gonna destroy everybody who didnt believe me when i said it, as it was starting

idk what this is but it's good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Was there an earlier mention that the other guy already has a girlfriend and I just totally forgot?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

Was there an earlier mention that the other guy already has a girlfriend and I just totally forgot?

Yes, he made a joke with Mana saying that if Toda rejects her, she could just settle with him and she threatened to tell his girlfriend

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

i liked it yesterday, but it's poo poo now that you're trying to take credit for it. get it away

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The first time I heard the term moe was when Ar Tonelico came out so I have no idea how it's supposed to be used. Is it an actual term or just slang?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's an actual term that has become slang

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
gap moe is the best kind of moe

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Sorry Corals posted:

i liked it yesterday, but it's poo poo now that you're trying to take credit for it. get it away
the first time i remember sharky pointing out this daily 4-koma was when tomo-chan went on its latest hiatus, little over a month ago

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Gap Moe doesn't actually exist.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Julias posted:

Gap Moe doesn't actually exist.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/graphure/status/820355344232812544

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

how dare the producers make them create the work they wanted to instead of limiting their every move. lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe iso thought stuff like the shower scene and earlier focus on cocona's thighs were the moé~ problem

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

maybe he just thought the ED was way better than anything in the series, and well,

• Locked thread