Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Listen I didn't run the crab hammering syndicate, I was just giving the dude a ride so I could watch him soap up his taint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I think they were just killing the crabs because they were moving then the hammer and they'd stop moving and they'd put them in a box

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
five minutes into melora and I could not give a single poo poo how handicapable this chick is. what a massively unlikeable and borderline offensive character. i'm actively rooting for her little grav-brace things to fail so her little bird bones disintegrate

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

five minutes into melora and I could not give a single poo poo how handicapable this chick is. what a massively unlikeable and borderline offensive character. i'm actively rooting for her little grav-brace things to fail so her little bird bones disintegrate

It's a bad episode but it has two great scenes. A Klingon chef steals the entire episode and the finale is solved with cripple lady doing a superman punch.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

A Klingon chef steals the entire episode

Fat Klingon Chef steals every episode he is in.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

criscodisco posted:

Dude you can't ignore the results

The 5'11'' Wang

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

criscodisco posted:

Dude you can't ignore the results

I can't help but think the line "He brought a different woman to the set every day for six months" was said less of a jovial tone and more like "he was a jackass who... :rolleyes::fh:"

"He's got something" probably meant "he got something and he gave it to half the drat cast and crew, that rear end in a top hat."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Those are some fancy pants

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

shiny future space shirt

shiny future space pants

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Those pants are made of mousepads.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

High sheen mousepad tops, ripped off the spongy mousepad bottoms, for sure.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Those pants are made of mousepads.

shadow puppet of a posted:

High sheen mousepad tops, ripped off the spongy mousepad bottoms, for sure.

I'm 98% sure it's literally the exact same cloth
http://allsop.eu/standard-mousepads/black-raindrop-mousepad

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Baronjutter posted:

The 50 year books made me not hate Dax anymore. I mean I never disliked the actress, it was just poor writing she was stuck with. But man, sick for like the whole first season, weird sunlight sensitivity, tons of crippling anxieties and self doubt, Berman being his usual sexist self. And poor Siddig almost got kicked off the show but Ira fought for him. Everyone seemed to have each other's back, professionally, on DS9.
I'm curious about the drama between Siddig and Brooks though, if it was just over Nana or something else. Siddig claims to have no idea. Just one moment it's "we're both african brothers and need to stick together" and the next an extremely cold shoulder. But professionally, none of the cast or crew let that poo poo get in the way of making the show and giving it their best. You read the voyager section and holy gently caress Kate got bent out of shape and behaved horribly over 7 of 9 and everyone on that goddamn show was so unprofessional and filled with backstabbing and politics.

Yo what book is this?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Patrick Spens posted:

Yo what book is this?

Two volumes called The 50 Year Mission.

TOS TV Years thru TOS Movie Years
https://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Year-Mission-Complete-Uncensored-Unauthorized/dp/1250065844

TNG thru JJTrek:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1250089468/ref=pd_aw_fbt_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VQ1W6WH40JMYK57YW2HT

They're great reads. There's little author bias even though it's an "unauthorized" history. It's literally just presented as an oral history of the show as told by the folks who worked on it. Really fascinating stuff.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I can't help but think the line "He brought a different woman to the set every day for six months" was said less of a jovial tone and more like "he was a jackass who... :rolleyes::fh:"

"He's got something" probably meant "he got something and he gave it to half the drat cast and crew, that rear end in a top hat."

What i dont get is if he is hot

why was harry kim soo.....well harry kim

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Dicky mouse posted:

Because Wang was an arrogant, pot-headed knob behind the scenes, so the writers punished him by making his character an ineffectual little wiener.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Because Wang was an arrogant, pot-headed knob behind the scenes, so the writers punished him by making his character an ineffectual little wiener.

I can totally see him being a pot head.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Do they smoke weed in star trek? They should.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

drilldo squirt posted:

I can totally see him being a pot head.

I remember a funny goon story how he meet Kim irl and Kim begged him for money to buy weed.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Dicky mouse posted:

also we are looking back at voyager as a whole and it's way easier to see harry as the biggest beta in the delta in hindsight

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

etalian posted:

I remember a funny goon story how he meet Kim irl and Kim begged him for money to buy weed.

Yeah that was in tviv forever ago, it was in a strip club I think

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Was the entire cast arrogant, pot-headed knobs behind the scenes then?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

bored Republican housewife Jeri Ryan probably wasn't

or probably was, who knows

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

counterfeitsaint posted:

Was the entire cast arrogant, pot-headed knobs behind the scenes then?

Weren't people saying they were trying to get fired or something?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
My point is the made all the characters poo poo, not just Harry Kim. Were they punishing all the actors?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
All I know is what's her name got obama elected to the senate thanks to her husband taking her to sex club.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Someone mentioned Tony Todd in a different thread. He's a pretty good Klingon no matter how dumb the resolution of his story is.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

Weren't people saying they were trying to get fired or something?

Pretty sure Beltran was. Probably would have been if the people making the show weren't utterly terrified of change.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Beltran was trying to get fired, but the worse and less human he played his character, the harder Rick Berman's erection got

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

...and the pitch! posted:

Someone mentioned Tony Todd in a different thread. He's a pretty good Klingon no matter how dumb the resolution of his story is.

Did he only play Kurn? I could have sworn he played a couple other bit part Klingons.

e: nvm, I was thinking of the hirogen he played

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Did he only play Kurn? I could have sworn he played a couple other bit part Klingons.

I only know Kurn and future Jake

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Two volumes called The 50 Year Mission.

TOS TV Years thru TOS Movie Years
https://www.amazon.com/Fifty-Year-Mission-Complete-Uncensored-Unauthorized/dp/1250065844

TNG thru JJTrek:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1250089468/ref=pd_aw_fbt_14_img_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VQ1W6WH40JMYK57YW2HT

They're great reads. There's little author bias even though it's an "unauthorized" history. It's literally just presented as an oral history of the show as told by the folks who worked on it. Really fascinating stuff.

the JJtrek sections aren't that great because it's still way too soon after the movies came out, so of course nobody who worked on them is going to have anything negative or even particularly insightful to say about them

although I did appreciate how they got Nick Meyer to drop a couple paragraphs on "Into Darkness is a dumb loving movie" (because it is)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
In fact I think Into Darkness is actually the second-worst Trek movie of all time.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

drilldo squirt posted:

Do they smoke weed in star trek? They should.

No, but they do electro-peyote when they're on a vision quest.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Akoonah

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

In fact I think Into Darkness is actually the second-worst Trek movie of all time.

We need Khan's blood to save Kirk! Even though we have 72 other genetically-engineered people readily on-hand! :pseudo:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Powered Descent posted:

No, but they do electro-peyote when they're on a vision quest.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Akoonah

NightmarePhotoshopOfOutrageousCaptianAkoonah.jpg

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We need Khan's blood to save Kirk! Even though we have 72 other genetically-engineered people readily on-hand! :pseudo:

also you can't kill him even though all we need is some of his blood, because organ donation is actually a fraud perpetrated by the global medical elite

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
You know, I'm just glad Ricardo didn't live to see that potato faced pasty brit play Khan

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Johnny Aztec posted:

You know, I'm just glad Ricardo didn't live to see that potato faced pasty brit play Khan

He would've asked him to laugh with him! Laugh with him, Jocko!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

also you can't kill him even though all we need is some of his blood, because organ donation is actually a fraud perpetrated by the global medical elite

The worst part is how that movie is one light rewrite away from being a serviceable movie. It was never going to be top tier, but all you had to do was remove the bizarre truther poo poo and make Cumberbatch Khan's lieutenant or nephew or something.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 15, 2017