Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's me this past week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

One Piece Gold was good!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Go away evil dogger.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

Go away evil dogger.

im beckoning it closer with treats in the hope that the black dog kills us all with misfortunes

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Bring an end to this world lord dogger.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sorry Corals posted:

Bring an end to this world lord dogger.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

im beckoning it closer with treats in the hope that the black dog kills us all with misfortunes

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
/me pets evil dogger

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like this key visual for Symphogear season 4.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The Colonel posted:

you could probably make an argument for oshiyama being forced to make "some random moe anime" if he hadn't had an extensive interview where he talked about how the only things that were really asked by producers were, like, a magical girl transformation every few episodes and the entire staff, including him, basically came up with everything else on their own

Apparently the demands from the top were more extensive than he let on in the published interview. In the same event as that Iso quote, an event where recording is not allowed and all we have are people's twitter notes to go on, we also got:

quote:

— Oshiyama talks about how the demands from up top put him in a pretty tight spot.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Knorth posted:

In other Knorth watches things news, Onihei seems alright. It has a cool style to it but looks pretty stiff sometimes

https://files.catbox.moe/wqb51h.webm

Neat OP and all the music in it is pretty cool

The OP is good but I find the general budget-looking-ness of the animation and the giant blood sprays make it look too trashy for me. Watch the first episode made me wish I was watching the live action show it's apparently based off of.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

it sucks that they shortened the succubus papika scene

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

a kitten posted:

I went with the Big Axe and blunderbuss.

There's like 800 dudes and everytime i make some progress thinning them out i get caught on some scenery, hit the wrong button, stumble into an add or whatever and die. Now i'm out of bullets, blood and patience and i'll probably just start over because i'd lose nothing because i've made 0 progress.

Is this your first Souls game?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
because it's not anywhere on youtube in good quality with staff credits, here's the welcome to the nhk opening, with staff credits

https://files.catbox.moe/dqb2es.mp4

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Hey, I'm posting from 2012 to tell you that Journey is a really cool videogame.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

z0glin Warchief posted:

Apparently the demands from the top were more extensive than he let on in the published interview. In the same event as that Iso quote, an event where recording is not allowed and all we have are people's twitter notes to go on, we also got:

In the larger context of the article there I can't really tell if he's speaking creatively or if that played into the scheduling issues somehow.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Pop Step's everyday hair is frizzily cute.

I understand the frizz. Ganbatte, Pop.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's a little weird - I can't really think of many creative choices Flip Flappers made that seem like they're concerned with mass-market appeal, and I don't know what other sorts of things meddling executives would be inclined to demand from a show.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xinder posted:

/me pets evil dogger

:shittydog:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Paracelsus posted:

Is this your first Souls game?

I only played DS1, but i played the everliving poo poo out of it and while i'm not remotely some Dark Souls master player i don't know that i ever felt as worthless and frustrated as i have in the beginning of this.

Ah well, it's a game. It'll click or it won't. I stopped for a while because i was getting actually mad about it and that's just stupid.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hibiki isn't also wearing a dress, clearly non-canon.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a kitten posted:

I only played DS1, but i played the everliving poo poo out of it and while i'm not remotely some Dark Souls master player i don't know that i ever felt as worthless and frustrated as i have in the beginning of this.

Ah well, it's a game. It'll click or it won't. I stopped for a while because i was getting actually mad about it and that's just stupid.

the first area is the hardest, once that beats the way to play into you its pretty easy

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

a kitten posted:

If where you're getting stuck is that area with like 30 guys around a bonfire then try taking things very slowly. They'll go on patrols in groups of five or so and that's your chance. It's also pretty easy to split people off of larger groups by throwing pebbles at them or shooting one of them. Shooting is loud so expect to have several enemies look at you if they're in earshot. You don't need to beat the first boss to unlock stuff in the hunters dream btw, just seeing it is enough.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's a little weird - I can't really think of many creative choices Flip Flappers made that seem like they're concerned with mass-market appeal, and I don't know what other sorts of things meddling executives would be inclined to demand from a show.

executives and producers make demands or suggestions on creative teams that may not be apparent from the final product, it's not that unusual

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/h3npcl.mp4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The Colonel posted:

because it's not anywhere on youtube in good quality with staff credits, here's the welcome to the nhk opening, with staff credits

https://files.catbox.moe/dqb2es.mp4

i dont remember this from the show at all haha

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parallax posted:

executives and producers make demands or suggestions on creative teams that may not be apparent from the final product, it's not that unusual
i cant believe papika had to go to doan's island just to please the producers

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

i dont remember this from the show at all haha
round table... featuring nino...

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think it was mentioned in that other interview that the magical girl transformations were something the producers asked for, as an example. It was originally going to be less action-focused.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think it was mentioned in that other interview that the magical girl transformations were something the producers asked for, as an example. It was originally going to be less action-focused.

After the first episode I thought it would be a magical girl show without overt magical girl transformations and I was disappointed when that wasn't the case

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the magical girl transformations take up maybe two minutes across the entire series, theyre very short and aren't even used in every episode. i dont see the big deal.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the magical girl transformations were definitely a producer thing but idk how much they were or weren't planning on having lots of action cause oshiyama says he doesn't really consider it an "action" show but one of the episodes being a giant fotns homage was apparently pretty much all one of the writers' doing

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Endorph posted:

the magical girl transformations take up maybe two minutes across the entire series, theyre very short and aren't even used in every episode. i dont see the big deal.

It's just something different to not have them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah but theyre cool things that people like so having them helps too

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

they basically turn super saiyan before that which is also cool

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Parallax posted:

After the first episode I thought it would be a magical girl show without overt magical girl transformations and I was disappointed when that wasn't the case

They're really good in flip flappers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

1960s stock magical shimmering noise.wav ftw

• Locked thread