Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I'm the huge gloves much bigger than the boots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I know we've all been wondering
"hey, what happened to that one eldar diorama guy"

Well, I have good news for everyone. Our beloved painter kept right on painting

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Are you sure that's the same guy? I don't see anyone about to get raped.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

I know we've all been wondering
"hey, what happened to that one eldar diorama guy"

Well, I have good news for everyone. Our beloved painter kept right on painting

I'm the portal.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It is, he's actually got like 5 or 6 large scale dioramas. All of them involve rape, enslavement, or dismemberment.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Terrible Opinions posted:

It is, he's actually got like 5 or 6 large scale dioramas. All of them involve rape, enslavement, or dismemberment.

Look man sometimes you just gotta enslave people to sacrifice them to a chaos god so you can keep your soul or whatever.

Rape however is never justified.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Terrible Opinions posted:

you can't just post this without links to dioramas

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
It's sick and disgusting. :barf:

I mean, those flat bases look terrible. Not to say anything about the unfilled joint on the jump pack in the pile. Shameful.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
On top of the breasts exposed for our pleasure and the BDSM fetish poo poo, why did this guy put all his diorama figure on obvious bases? I mean, you're not going to play a game with them, so why not glue them directly to the scenery instead of those awful bases?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

rkajdi posted:

On top of the breasts exposed for our pleasure and the BDSM fetish poo poo, why did this guy put all his diorama figure on obvious bases? I mean, you're not going to play a game with them, so why not glue them directly to the scenery instead of those awful bases?

Who says he's not?

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kwyndig posted:

Who says he's not?

But they aren't based for the game they were designed for. Unless he's going to them for some mashup between 40K and Kingdom De-OH GOD I STARED INTO THE ABYSS FOR TOO LONG!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
They're on bases so he can move them around. It's not a diorama, it's a playset.

He makes all sorts of sounds and voices.

"Haha look at your silly chest lumps mon-keigh!"

"I hate you pointy-wear scum *whip sound* ---OWWWW!"

"Hahaha!"

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Pee.

Pee never changes.

Be you a Scotsman who has to charge into battle midpee or a German volksgrenadier...

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Why would you ever have the pee effect dribbling onto the base? :psyduck:

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

this is adorably bad

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I have rarely seen someone peeing as disinterestedly as that scot.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Fathis Munk posted:

I have rarely seen someone peeing as disinterestedly as that scot.

That's a GI (I guess). The Scostman I mentioned was the one from ways back.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Frobbe posted:

this is adorably bad

I'm Dragon Slayer Ornstein

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Frobbe posted:

this is adorably bad

I'm blue birb trogdor

I feel like this one is an object lesson about Nihilakh Oxide

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
I feel like this one is an object lesson about Creosote.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Some of my old stuff looked a bit like this. When you try to achieve a cloth effect using a single base coat then empty a bottle of wash into the folds to get 'depth'.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-aos-skaven-stormfiends-khorgorath-convertion-with-vermin-lord-head-/332094331415
For more angles of this fleshy monstrosity.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
wow I thought it was impossible to make that model look worse...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That face is...Smashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ1dYrjuYf4&hd=1

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

At least it is only a dollar, and not tagged as "pro-painted". Still, it looks like chewed up silly putty.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
So why would a person buy this? is there a way to unpaint the painted mini?
edit: i'm imagining the dip from who framed roger rabbit

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

So why would a person buy this? is there a way to unpaint the painted mini?
edit: i'm imagining the dip from who framed roger rabbit

Kinda sorta, yeah https://www.amazon.com/Super-Clean-Degreaser-1-Gallon/dp/B000CCM63K

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Honestly, for a buck I'd be tempted to buy it, hit it with simple green, and give it a better paint job. I like horrible monstrosities that were never meant to be. But with the shipping, I'll pass.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There are a couple of different cleaning chemicals that can remove paint from minis, yeah. Which one you need depends on the underlying material, as what's good for metal might just plain dissolve your plastic mans.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

I've used a soaking tub of undiluted LA's Totally Awesome This poo poo right here, let poo poo soak a couple of days (or longer, if I forget about it), and scrub it off with a combination of stiff nail brushes (with that neat wraparound handle to make it easier to hold on to), an old toothbrush, and 91% isopropyl alcohol. Whether it's plastic, resin, metal, or any combination of those, I haven't had much of anything happen to the minis besides a couple of super-glued joints fail on the ones I've let soak a little too long. And yeah, there's a few tiny crevasses I can't get to without dental picks or something similar, but most of the paint and primer just slough right off. Even took off some self-etching automobile primer on a couple of metal test minis, which straight industrial-strength simple green didn't even dent. Best of all, you could probably hit a local walmart and dollar store and pick up everything (including the tupperware tubs to hold the liquids) for under $10, and all that stuff will last for loving ever.

I just can't really recommend anything else, especially the more caustic stuff like Super Clean or brake fluid, after trying that combination. The best part, I can just leave the minis out on a paper towel, and within 10 minutes the alcohol evaporates off, leaving them clean, dry, and ready to be re-primed.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEhg3h9Ptuc

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

You sure that isn't something from the EU?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
As someone who lives in the EU, I can tell you that those things are everywhere.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Owns

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I think someone has cut up at least two collectibles that might have been worth something and made a thing that is probably going to appear in a comic within a year.

Op success maybe?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Ugleb posted:

I think someone has cut up at least two collectibles that might have been worth something and made a thing that is probably going to appear in a comic within a year.

Op success maybe?

I hope they pay respect to Larry G Johnson's copyright.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm seeing.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
A titmagos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Big Ink posted:

I'm not quite sure what it is I'm seeing.

If the middle bit is a head then it looks like 2 short monstrosities stacked on top of each other, all they are missing is a trench coat to look like 1 big one