Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

TBeats posted:

yeah i appreciate their 2002 win by talking about all of the ways they could have possibly lost

That's fun though. What if the Eagles had won that NFC Championship? What would've happened in the Superbowl then? The Raiders might have won. Would that franchise have collapsed then? Who knows.

Or in 2000 what if Del Greco hadn't been missing easy kicks against the Ravens? The Titans probably win the Superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

That's fun though. What if the Eagles had won that NFC Championship? What would've happened in the Superbowl then? The Raiders might have won. Would that franchise have collapsed then? Who knows.

Or in 2000 what if Del Greco hadn't been missing easy kicks against the Ravens? The Titans probably win the Superbowl.

The win was way more fun.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Honestly I don't think any of the big prospects rising above backup status. Take the guy closest to where you actually have him graded the first 2 rounds with all the holes we're stuck with right now. I'd rather start Kessler than sit through another year of a busted 1st rounder faffing about uselessly.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it confirmation bias, or do teams not wait to draft a qb until they have the other major holes (especially the o-line) plugged anymore? I could understand if the next Peyton or Luck is sitting there, but if you're reaching for somebody else, you'd think they'd wait.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

v2vian man posted:

what does "best available" mean to you? how can you say with pick #12 that jabrill peppers is better than deshaun watson? how much would a good safety or cornerback or whatever really help us compared to a potential starter at qb

How many reliable contributors are the Browns going to pass on while they keep rolling the dice on qb prospects? At some point you'd be better off with just slightly above league average starters at other positions than the weedens and manziels of the world.

The Browns need to follow Oakland model of getting the best players regardless of position and hoping they luck into a qb or can convince a veteran to go there.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FizFashizzle posted:

How many reliable contributors are the Browns going to pass on while they keep rolling the dice on qb prospects? At some point you'd be better off with just slightly above league average starters at other positions than the weedens and manziels of the world.

The Browns need to follow Oakland model of getting the best players regardless of position and hoping they luck into a qb or can convince a veteran to go there.

you mean like alex mack, mitchell schwartz, travis benjamin, taylor gabriel? i sure wish the browns had drafted/signed those guys, they'd really help our team out

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

v2vian man posted:

you mean like alex mack, mitchell schwartz, travis benjamin, taylor gabriel? i sure wish the browns had drafted/signed those guys, they'd really help our team out

overdrafting middling qb talent isn't going to make free agents want to stay in cleveland.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

TBeats posted:

The win was way more fun.

Well you don't have to if you don't want to. But I'm not going to stop.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

FizFashizzle posted:

overdrafting middling qb talent isn't going to make free agents want to stay in cleveland.

a future of washed-up free agents and starters you never planned on starting actually seems a lot worse than the possibility of a first-round QB

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Drafting a lousy QB prospect in the first round because the "cleveland has to draft a QB" storyline demands it wont fix the team. Buying a lottery ticket is taking a shot but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

To get better It's actually necessary that the Browns hit very well on at least 3 of the next 4 drafts, rather than QB or no-QB in one of them

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They are drafting Watson.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

TBeats posted:

Rest in peace Watson's career

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Watson is gonna pull an Eli

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TBeats posted:

They might just shotgun the thing with all the draft picks they're acquiring.

Watson in the first, Mahomes or Chad Kelly in middle rounds, then waste a pick on Josh Dobbs or the guy from Western Michigan or whoever late.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Watson is gonna pull an Eli

I wouldn't blame him tbh

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Can we post here yet?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

Can we post here yet?

go for it, Falcons fans will be here in a week so you'll have plenty of bird company

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
We won our division and a playoff game, can't be too disappointed in that type of season. Especially considering the state of the Mariners the past 15 years.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
The Seahawks were the Texans of the NFC.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hey guys, what's going on?

Winning the NFC West and going to the Divisional isn't too bad for a team missing its best defensive player.

The season ended when Earl went down. He'll be back, here's hoping we draft O line.

Thanks for another entertaining year. Go Hawks!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Pungry posted:

We won our division and a playoff game, can't be too disappointed in that type of season. Especially considering the state of the Mariners the past 15 years.

That's how I feel. The injury to Shead really sucks since he probably won't be ready by week 1 now and we are definitely thin at corner. We have a lot of needs to fill this offseason and I don't know how we can get them all filled. O line is obviously a major one, but we could also use a good corner and some safety depth. It's hard to replace HoF talent like Earl Thomas, but Terrell has been absolute trash and we can't risk him ever seeing the field again.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The Seahawks were the Texans of the NFC.

The Texans weren't even a top 16 team in the NFL.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sup thread

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Benne posted:

Sup thread

lol your team sucks

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
dont be mean, the only team that sucks is the 49ers

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Hello friends. Somebody please hire Tom Cable

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pungry posted:

Hey maybe this is the M's year!
:suicide:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

incompetent posted:

lol your team sucks

At least we won a playoff game. :shrug:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Things that made you happy: the fact that Seattle won the west despite flaws in their game. Cliff Avril and Bobby Wagner were very good.

Things that surprised you in a good way: Jimmy Graham didn't seem to be impacted by his injury. He was a baller.

Things that surprised you in a bad way: I knew our line was bad this season but I didnt think it would be THAT bad. Also, Hauschka missed 8 extra points.

Favorite Player this season: Bobby Wagner

Unsung hero: Justin Britt. Our line was awful but he actually was decent as a center.

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Either Bradley Sowell or Jermaine Kearse. Sowell was probably our worst oline and Kearse regressed so hard.

Worst storyline about your team: Richard Sherman telling the reporter he would end his career, on top of bitcjing about offensive play calling.

Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Cliff Avril. He was insane this season.

Best win of the season: beating the Patriots in Foxborough. Doesn't make up for the SB loss but its close!

Worst loss of the season: the home game against the Cardinals. We should have won that game and that's also where Lockett had that horrific injury.

What the team needs to do this offseason:
Everyone will yell "fix the offensive line" and that's true, but I think we need some new secondary players soon because the core will retire any moment.

Funniest moment of the season:
That tie game. A 6-6 game is loving weird.

Do you have hope or despair for the future:
A little hope. We can make the playoffs each year with the Rams and 49ers being such poo poo. Our window is closing fast though.

Does anything actually matter
Hey we already won a super bowl with this core!

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

seahawks should fire pete carroll and promote Tom Cable to HC, imo

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

No Irish Need Imply posted:

dont be mean, the only team that sucks is the 49ers

Hey

Plenty of other teams suck, just not as much as the 49ers.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Hey

Plenty of other teams suck, just not as much as the 49ers.

Tom Cable can be interviewed now, keeping with the thread obsession with him

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a patagonian cavy posted:

Tom Cable can be interviewed now, keeping with the thread obsession with him

Pretty sure the 49ers already interviewed him though

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

seiferguy posted:

The 49ers strike me more as the team to fall on the grenade that is Josh McDaniels 2.0.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Bench lewis

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Things that made you happy: Seahawks made the playoffs and won the wild card round. And Russell Wilson did not die.

Things that surprised you in a good way: Doug Baldwin is a top ten WR now

Things that surprised you in a bad way: Special teams turned into special :downs: teams

Favorite Player this season: Bobby Wagner was healthy and consistent. Him and Chancellor

Unsung hero: John Ryan. Special teams were shaky but he was awesome.

Player you hated beyond belief this season: Just search for clips of Bradley Sowell and laugh

Worst storyline about your team: Richard Sherman and his bs

Most unappreciated aspect to the team this year by everyone: Shead stepped up big time towards to end of the season

Best win of the season: beating the Patriots in Foxborough.

Worst loss of the season: Loss @ New Orleans

What the team needs to do this offseason:
O line needs work but is getting better. Sherman appears slow and becoming a detriment so secondary needs help. Random dudes back there keep getting torched by good teams

Funniest moment of the season:
That tie game. A 6-6 game is loving weird.

Also

Do you have hope or despair for the future:
Hope. Earl Thomas will hopefully be back next year and our secondary might return to form. Running game looks promising especially if Prosise gets healthy. Richardson fills a much needed WR spot

Does anything actually matter
It matters that the Patriots are denied another super bowl title

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

causticBeet posted:

Bench lewis

Urgh. I don't want to watch Blount grind out a win after the Pats have a significant lead. I've seen that play out so many times it feels like a Michael Bay franchise.

MY GOD, THIRD TIME IS THE CHARM!

edit
THIS ISN'T THE GDT!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I don't believe they could've yet because the Hawks did not have a bye

Ninja edit: there was smoke about them being interested though

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Allow me to be the first to welcome the Houston Texans to the loser thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't stop thinking about the roster of castoff, free agent, and otherwise available and unwanted quarterbacks that could have won this game instead of brock osweiler

• Locked thread