Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

burmart posted:

Did Howard not talk about the Trump pee allegations? I just realized I didn't hear a single joke about it during Wednesday's show.

Beth wants to walk the red carpet at the inauguration so Howard is going to avoid saying anything directly negative about Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Beth wants to walk the red carpet at the inauguration so Howard is going to avoid saying anything directly negative about Trump.

Yeah, Howard wouldn't even release tapes of his Trump interviews to the media during the campaign. He's dedicated to sucking rear end.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

haljordan posted:

Who was crazier at their peak: KC or Hanzi?

Not particularly sure you could rightly quantify that but I can try. KC did some weird poo poo like the bible and blood while Hanzi hasn't openly been so "crazy" outside of his paranoid rantings but that's more likely due to Hanzi being kept on a short leash as a caller whereas we've had more time with KC.

If you want to talk in a different way then I'd tell you that KC can function as a member of society and is receiving (or has received) treatment for his illness while Hanzi should probably be in state custody for some time while he receives treatment. Hanzi is probably never going to get better, all you can do is treat him and medicate him. Of all the people to be frequent guests on that show, Hanzi is the only one that would scare me if I was Howard and that's because he seems wildly unpredictable and is already very paranoid and convinced Howard has done a lot of bad stuff in his life to get where he is so he might see killing Howard as removing an evil person.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

Who was crazier at their peak: KC or Hanzi?

KC seemed to be aware of his craziness which default earns him 2nd place

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Sitting here watching Harry Potter and now wishing ETM was one of the Gringott's goblins.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I dunno. For a while there it seemed like KC was on the brink of snapping and killing every single person who worked for K-Rock with his bare hands.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My favourite Artie line is now, when referring to High Pitch Eric talking to his neighbour during an ETA call:

Howard: Wow, it's like the show Friends; people coming over, hanging out. I'd watch that show.
Artie: Smelrose Place.

I had completely forgotten about it, and couldn't help but laugh out loud.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My favourite Artie line is now, when referring to High Pitch Eric talking to his neighbour during an ETA call:

Howard: Wow, it's like the show Friends; people coming over, hanging out. I'd watch that show.
Artie: Smelrose Place.

I had completely forgotten about it, and couldn't help but laugh out loud.

I miss that Artie. That and him and Fred going back in forth with movie/tv quotes are some of the best moments in the show for me.

(Rupert come post with us in the cool guy agdq thread over in games, I want u to post with me, tia)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I miss that Artie. That and him and Fred going back in forth with movie/tv quotes are some of the best moments in the show for me.

(Rupert come post with us in the cool guy agdq thread over in games, I want u to post with me, tia)

Ha, I love AGDQ and don't know why I haven't been following it yet this year. Are there terribly awkward moments?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ha, I love AGDQ and don't know why I haven't been following it yet this year. Are there terribly awkward moments?

Ask in the thread ya doofus

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Robin what is this AGDQ? Its come kind of cartoon?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Howard talked about politics this week .

For whoever was asking about that

He does does not appear to be a trump fan

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

euphronius posted:

Howard talked about politics this week .

For whoever was asking about that

He does does not appear to be a trump fan

While I do agree - He also doesn't seem to say anything critical of him which seems odd.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Moniker posted:

While I do agree - He also doesn't seem to say anything critical of him which seems odd.

He did say we have to support Trump now that he's going to be the President. I think Howard is more neutral than anything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Look, the politics have evolved.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AGDQ could be a fertile harvest for new Wack Packers. Can you imagine if Chris Chan had been discovered by Howard? He could have had Whooers from the Bunny Ranch dressed up like Sonic with blue arms. It would have been glorious.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Word on the street is that Scott the Engineer retired with zero fanfare or goodbye on air. Kind of crappy if true!

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Moniker posted:

Word on the street is that Scott the Engineer retired with zero fanfare or goodbye on air. Kind of crappy if true!

if it's true, gently caress Howard.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Your Gay Uncle posted:

AGDQ could be a fertile harvest for new Wack Packers. Can you imagine if Chris Chan had been discovered by Howard? He could have had Whooers from the Bunny Ranch dressed up like Sonic with blue arms. It would have been glorious.

one of my more shameful moments in life was forwarding some Chris Chan stuff to Richard Christie but he didn't bite

this was like 2007 before it got even more insane and i had to stop paying attention

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Moniker posted:

zero fanfare or goodbye on air

"retired"

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Bonzo posted:

"retired"

He's around

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
He coulda retired with the $250k.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
That's lovely if true. I used to listen to the Todd Packer Scott packs and he is one of the few guys who would give Howard and Robin poo poo.

How could this not be discussed? Stalin Stern erasing another person from history.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I don't think that's true unless he was let go. No way that guy can afford to retire. He's going to die in the black cloud diner mixing his son's lovely music.

Edit: If true Artie should get him on the podcast.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I can't believe that's true. That'd be super lovely even for stern... unless he got fired from someone above howard for crashing the party for Sirius bigwigs.

And about firing people..

I've been listening for the last couple weeks (since I found out they all get uploaded to YouTube within hours) and Howard mentioned Tracy at one point, who that reddit dude said got fired. I don't think Howard would mention her if he purged her from show history.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
If Scott was around, you'd think he would have showed up to the Wack-Pack death pool. That was an excuse for any attention whore in the office to be in studio.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Scott's also a union radio engineer, probably has great benefits and a pension. He's been doing it 35+ years, could probably afford to retire. I hope he didn't though.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Ten minutes times ten employees; how long is it?

Every time you fire someone, it's ten minutes!

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Also, I gotta say I was kinda disappointed that Tan Mom didn't do the, sit on the speaker bit and fake an orgasm, on wednesday. I'm not in to the sybian bits, but I was looking forward to it as a sign that the show still willing to do really crazy stuff.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I think some of you underestimate how much Scott made. As much as they goofed on him radio engineer is not some 40k a year job. On top of that he was union. He almost certainly made more than anyone not named Howard, Robin, Fred, or Gary.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Crotch Bat posted:

I think some of you underestimate how much Scott made. As much as they goofed on him radio engineer is not some 40k a year job. On top of that he was union. He almost certainly made more than anyone not named Howard, Robin, Fred, or Gary.

good

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

If Scott did retire from Sirius it's a good thing he didn't stay at Infinity/CBS where they fire people right before retirement in order to save a few bucks like they did to Steve.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Moniker posted:

Who or where did you hear this from?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Who or where did you hear this from?

Same guy on reddit that's been leaking all the inner workings info over the past 12-18 months that's essentially always been proven true. This guy did later mention he hasn't had the info 100% confirmed by a staffer yet as he usually does but rather a Sirius employee told him.

He also mentioned Scott has been slowly pushed out for awhile now. He was moved from the Black Cloud Diner into the old HTV area and then later moved to an entirely different floor although looking at his Twitter from his birthday party in December it seemed to be a better move as he has a nice window view.

Definitely something to keep an eye on in the coming weeks. I both would and wouldn't be surprised if Scott retired and there was no show send off or Sternthology for him, he's well since earned it.

e: also don't read that subreddit, it's beyond awful. this thread pales in comparison to the hate and negativity over there. I check it like once a week just to see if any scraps of BTS stuff gets posted.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jan 15, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Former Human posted:

If Scott did retire from Sirius it's a good thing he didn't stay at Infinity/CBS where they fire people right before retirement in order to save a few bucks like they did to Steve.

Steve who?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Steve Freid aka Wood Yi. He was an engineer for CBS, not specifically for the show, and they canned him right before retirement a few years after Howard went to satellite. lovely deal.

On a different note it's been known that super agent Don Buchwald hosed up enormously when HTV didn't get renewed but I just learned that it's essentially the reason Howard 360 will never be a thing. What happened is there was a line in the HowardTV contract that said if HTV is not renewed then Sirius immediately takes ownership of broadcast rights and Buchwald missed it and they didn't notice it until it was far too late. Howard took almost all the HTV budget for himself and left the scraps (meaning both salaries and show budget) to Goodstein & Co. which is why everything looked at lovely as it did. When nobody wanted to renew HTV because who wants something a step above public access then the contract lapsed and Sirius took control. What this means for Howard 360 is Howard has no videos to his name. He would have to create 100% of the 360's content from here on which even if he wanted to he couldn't at his and others old age and simply not having the energy to do so. He flat out doesn't have enough content to make Howard 360 a viable thing that would entice people to pay for it and almost certainly never will unless he shells out for his old videos.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 15, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Plus the technology just isn't there yet, Robin.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Ronnie just responded to a tweet saying Scott still works for the show.

https://twitter.com/rmlimodriver69/status/820666616333697025

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MrMidnight posted:

He did say we have to support Trump now that he's going to be the President. I think Howard is more neutral than anything.

I can't imagine Howard is too happy towards the whole situation in general. After all, its his clips that are being used now that everybody is looking into Trump's past. That must be one hell of a situation to be in: 'congrats, you're now getting attention on a national level because the president just showed how big of a freak he is on your show and people are putting together the pieces slowly.' No wonder he's not taking a stance one way or another. Imagine this happening during the talent show days.

Moniker posted:

Ronnie just responded to a tweet saying Scott still works for the show.

https://twitter.com/rmlimodriver69/status/820666616333697025

Next up: Ronnie Mund leaves Sirius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad he's still working there. If Howard swept Scott's retirement/firing under the rug it wouldn't be particularly surprising but it would be so, so low. Scott deserves his own wing in the Howard Stern museum.