Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

can i put skinship back in
no, but skinship wasn't very interesting anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The climax is the reveal the entire thing was a reality TV show based on the Danganronpa visual novel series. The cast was made up of criminals, suicidal people, and plain old fame seekers. They take the time to comment on how the people who participate, even as viewers, are terrible.

it owns.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the live 2d looks kinda weird and you couldn't touch anywhere besides their face so it was just poking their eyeballs until they loved you

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Endorph posted:

the live 2d looks kinda weird and you couldn't touch anywhere besides their face so it was just poking their eyeballs until they loved you

Is that not how it works in real life?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

that sounds bad for their accuracy

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Cuntellectual posted:

The climax is the reveal the entire thing was a reality TV show based on the Danganronpa visual novel series. The cast was made up of criminals, suicidal people, and plain old fame seekers. They take the time to comment on how the people who participate, even as viewers, are terrible.

it owns.

As someone who hasn't read or watched anything related to danganronpa, this is great.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

z0glin Warchief posted:

As someone who hasn't read or watched anything related to danganronpa, this is great.

The salt is delicious.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Give me skinship or give me death

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

The salt is delicious.

this post isn't, however

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/vrr_j543n50mr3i/status/820296678192254976

https://twitter.com/fivepaninis/status/820075483983286272

https://twitter.com/ChuckConcrete/status/819924673551101952

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

The Colonel posted:

because it's not anywhere on youtube in good quality with staff credits, here's the welcome to the nhk opening, with staff credits

https://files.catbox.moe/dqb2es.mp4

whoa, you were right, it's much better with credits

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Endorph posted:

ah, ballroom

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:3:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

z0glin Warchief posted:

This. I wonder how it felt to work on that game, just purposely making GBS threads on everyone who plays it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's kind of a weird point to make imo, because everyone ive seen that was into dangan ronpa was kind of into it for the goofy characters making slapdash friendships, not for the parts where they murder each other

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well, at least they're right in that nobody should still like dangan ronpa at this point

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

whoa, you were right, it's much better with credits

yeah, ishihama is good at working the staff credits into the visuals, and in nhk's case removing them really is a detriment because it creates these weird pauses as all you have to look at are shots meant to be set up as framing

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

it's kind of a weird point to make imo, because everyone ive seen that was into dangan ronpa was kind of into it for the goofy characters making slapdash friendships, not for the parts where they murder each other

Honestly yeah, that was what I liked about it.

Cake Attack posted:

well, at least they're right in that nobody should still like dangan ronpa at this point

Chapter 2's execution:

The maid chick runs away from a lynch mob and a spiked chain dangles down. She climbs it and gets cut up, as spikes tend to do to people. As she nears the top sawblades come out and she gets even more cut up and her clothes come off because of course they do and she falls off the rope in a broken pile of bones and gore.

I feel embarassed that I used to like this series.

Endorph posted:

this post isn't, however

to be clear I meant from the fanbase, not implying that the devs were angry or w/e.

:agreed:

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This. I wonder how it felt to work on that game, just purposely making GBS threads on everyone who plays it.

I feel like Danganronpa 1 was made because the developers wanted to make it. They had a story and a game idea, and they made it because they wanted to share it, indie style. Then hey, it was popular! They had more to do so whatever, make a second game.

But as that happened the fact the fanbase pretty much is awful (the Japanese fanbase isn't really better than the Western part, unsurprisingly), the horrible schlock that popped up in the form of spinoff manga/light novels, and so on and so forth it ended up being "hey this game sells a lot, make a new one."

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

homeless snail posted:

is there also a hack that randomizes everyones sexuality

I should have rerolled

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

I feel embarassed that I used to like this series.
I mean, the executions, in the first game especially, were more goofy or implied than actively gory.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
danganronpa post-the second game sounds extremely bad

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Also I watched a friend stream the game so maybe I missed some of the nuance but it feels like the whole 'goofy characters making slapdash friends' thing got cut for more room for things like the anthropologist guy's entire motivation being he wants to screw his sister. Not like, implied, he literally straight up says that.

The Colonel posted:

danganronpa post-the second game extremely bad

This is basically what I've been leading up to with way too many careposts with lots of words in them. :v:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://u.nya.is/fvacef.webm

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Finally, the big pile of work I had today is mostly done. Time to pick up some dinner on the way home.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nice

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
love & destroy, an old ps1 game from the same studio as gunvolt and mega man zero, is a dating sim where you pick a digital girlfriend to help you fight angels in a giant robot

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

The Colonel posted:

love & destroy, an old ps1 game from the same studio as gunvolt and mega man zero, is a dating sim where you pick a digital girlfriend to help you fight angels in a giant robot

Like, Eva angels, or christian angels?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Like, Eva angels, or christian angels?

eva angels. big freaky monsters that you end up needing to pull out secret super weapons to finish off at the end of every mission

the first boss is a giant floating nest filled with worms that fly out and burrow into the ground and chase you

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

yeah, ishihama is good at working the staff credits into the visuals, and in nhk's case removing them really is a detriment because it creates these weird pauses as all you have to look at are shots meant to be set up as framing

It's also because they're presented as objects in the world in some shots, which make the animated shots a bit more dynamic, and in others they add to the composition, balancing the weight of the image.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I made it all the way up to some boss called Cleric Beast who promptly ate me.

But, that's real progress and i bought some new clothes and leveled up a little bit so :toot: :darksouls:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

a kitten posted:

I made it all the way up to some boss called Cleric Beast who promptly ate me.

But, that's real progress and i bought some new clothes and leveled up a little bit so :toot: :darksouls:

If you can't beat it, the Cleric Beast seems like it has to be the first boss but you can actually do it later on; It doesn't block anything vital.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

The Colonel posted:

eva angels. big freaky monsters that you end up needing to pull out secret super weapons to finish off at the end of every mission

Huh. Cool.

Also, these dorky kids

:allears:

:allears::allears:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/koyoriin/status/784449961018744832

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

The Colonel posted:

need an hd remake of this bad boy, stat

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Huh. Cool.

Also, these dorky kids

:allears:

:allears::allears:

this ones cute and low drama but also ballroom came back today so my dance manga needs are already filled for today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sengoku Choujuu Giga is the actual gayest show of 2016/2017

• Locked thread