Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I'm missing the terminology, what's BC Lid.

I got her not long ago in story and haven't touched her because I thought she had the HIV or something

Black Cat Lid was a special Halloween global exclusive along with Draculasswell, Demon Rain, and White Witch Traffic Cone Fina. You can't pull them anymore, only during the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

hagie posted:

I'm missing the terminology, what's BC Lid.

I got her not long ago in story and haven't touched her because I thought she had the HIV or something

Black Cat Lid, not to be confused with normal Lid. She was summonable during a Halloween event. You can't summon her right now.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I'm still incensed that the best unit from the Halloween event was the only one without a 6* upgrade.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Man am I glad I pulled a Noctis, he's running riot on this event. Unless Doublicorn shows up literally all of my runs are just lightning flask x 4, fire flask, lightning flask x 2. I actually had to burn lapis on the one Doublicorn I saw, since Noctis was the last survivor at the boss and, for once, fire flask didn't proc paralyze on the boss. Kind of broke even using lapis though since the bonus made it worth around 6 normal runs anyway, but hopefully that doesn't happen again

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, the RNG has finally blessed me with some good Units... I think...

Here are the 6* Units I have (though none are at 6*...)
Bartz
Cecil
Cerius
Cloud Of Darkness
Exdeath
Gilgamesh
Medius
Refia
Santa Roselia

I also have the following 5* Units
Alma
Artemios
Black Cat Lid
Celes
Charlotte
Duane
Elle
Fang
Faris
Fencer
Fina
Firion
Freya
Galuf
Garland
Garnet
Golbez
Hayate
Ingus
Kain
Kefka
Krile
Kuja
Lasswell
Lenna
Leo
Locke
Ludmille
Miyuki
Mustadio
Rain
Rydia
Sazh
Terra
Tellah
Trey
Vanille
Xiao
Zidane

Which 5 should become my team? Note that I'm not doing any TM Grinding, nor do I have any of the Murderface Gear (so no Enhancer, Twin Lance, etc.). I'm also not a player who hoards Cactuars, nor grinds out Event Currency, so I might be able to grab the Materials from this event to get 1 or 2 of my 6* Units to 6*, eventually. ADV is the best I can do, so I won't be rolling in the Currency.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Cecil
Cloud Of Darkness
Exdeath
Gilgamesh
Refia

Would level Bartz as well for the synergy with Refia.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
e: ^^ :argh:

Kheldarn posted:

OK, the RNG has finally blessed me with some good Units... I think...

Here are the 6* Units I have (though none are at 6*...)
Cecil
Cloud Of Darkness
Exdeath
Gilgamesh
Refia

That's your 5. Put moogles in to getting Gilgamesh's genji glove for dual wield if you don't want to TM grind him, Zidane, and others.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
If you have the gear for him, I'd run Bartz over Exdeath, but otherwise yea, that list there.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Learning lessons because of companions is awesome!

Passed over a Cecil because he had gear at or below what I have now, saw a maxed out Luneth and got excited and didn't check gear/abilities.

Go into Stormy Seas to realize that the Luneth has pretty much no abilities and hits about as hard as my Lenna...

Get mowed down and no measurable amount of HP gone.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I'm still incensed that the best unit from the Halloween event was the only one without a 6* upgrade.

Slap four Chilling Auras on her and she can hang wth the Six Stars.

I... don't have any Spooky Auras.

CyberLord XP posted:

Cecil
Cloud Of Darkness
Exdeath
Gilgamesh
Refia

Would level Bartz as well for the synergy with Refia.

Also keep in mind:

Ludmille and Zidane are great for your Trust Moogles if you get them.

Rain, Firion and Garland get six stars soonish and are quite good.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

What role does Firion fit into? Damage?

I just bought all the materials to upgrade my CoD from this King Mog event, but it wiped me clean. Not sure how I am going to scrounge up something like 12k phantasma to get the next round...

hagie fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 15, 2017

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Intrigued by those +Evade materias in this event. Do we know if they stack with each other and/or with Lightning's built-in evade?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

For all the other unlucky people who don't pull base 5* units. Here is my proof that with a ton of effort and grinding, you can have a pretty amazing unit built out of a base 4*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

What role does Firion fit into? Damage?

I just bought all the materials to upgrade my CoD from this King Mog event, but it wiped me clean. Not sure how I am going to scrounge up something like 12k phantasma to get the next round...

You've got nearly two weeks, dude.

And Firion is definitely DPS, he has so many passives at six stars it's not funny... but you will need a Dual Wield materia to fully take advantage of this, as well as maybe a Barrage materia for more damage output. He's got good survivability without it with his Drain Blade and Lancet and Bladeblitz, he just needs that little push and really shines with the right gear. He's top ten in Japan last I heard.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
New stuff starting 1/18

- Maintenance 1/17 22 - 1/18 6 PST (8h)
- Story Zoldaad Pt2
- Trial Boss "March of the Beasts" -> Demon Mail ATK 10 DEF 55 DarkResi 20%
- Rain 6*

Eddain
May 6, 2007
My Noctis is finally stronger than my Lightning so I changed my Leader unit. Deleted a lot of inactives and need some more friends.

505 583 358

Still need to TM two units to stack out my Noctis.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Nice, Rain 6* means AoE fullbreaker!

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
RAIN

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
According to reddit, there was some kind of interview via the taiwan channel and global is apparently getting the roll changes with the base 5* in rainbow crystals some time "soon".

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did my half price pull to try and get a type 0 unit for event bonuses. Out pops Zidane. My previous half price pull was also zidane, bringing me to three total. I already macroed one and my gilgamesh, so looks like everyone but cecil is eventually getting dual wield. (Right now it's just gilga and exdeath with those honors.)

Considering I've also gone from 0 to 4 Lockes since November, my CoD will be very happy soon.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Underappreciated benefit of macroing is oneclick-massacre setups for Arena.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Do we know if Zoldaad 2 is the remaining 10 dungeons of the continent, or are they gonna dripfeed us another 5 dungeons and make us wait a month again?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

I have serious penis envy of my friends Noctis. /swoon

On a side note, i was repeat mashing my way through the event with 2x thunderflask and 4 event units, when I accidentally one shot doublecorn. woops

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

HGH posted:

Do we know if Zoldaad 2 is the remaining 10 dungeons of the continent, or are they gonna dripfeed us another 5 dungeons and make us wait a month again?

With how esper Odin was not advertised it feels like a dripfeed. Hope it's just a hiccup like how they said the Doublicorn was 3000 phantoma.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You've got nearly two weeks, dude.

And Firion is definitely DPS, he has so many passives at six stars it's not funny... but you will need a Dual Wield materia to fully take advantage of this, as well as maybe a Barrage materia for more damage output. He's got good survivability without it with his Drain Blade and Lancet and Bladeblitz, he just needs that little push and really shines with the right gear. He's top ten in Japan last I heard.

So I'm guessing I should stop my story progress to get these mats.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its been 8 days since I started farming TMs with a macro and my characters average around 17% trust each, will probably edge out to 18% by the time today ends. So thats nearly 2 trust moogles each over the course of a week spending anywhere from 100-200 energy a day on it. Assuming you get 3 trust moogles a month from doing events and the monthly give away one, thats 3 months worth of trust moogles in just 8 days.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Yea pretty much. Trust moogles aren't really worth it if you're macroing. Unless you follow the above arguments and stockpile them I guess. Even still though, you could just stockpile the ones from everything except king mog events and achieve better results.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

They're nice to have around when you don't have to go out of your way to get them, say the monthly one from sticking under 90k (?) in the Arena, or even more for the simple 5%er. My Zidane hit 40% minutes after I got him this way.

Star Quartz, tickets, 6* material, screamroot and fine alcryst, phoenix downs and elixirs, all the esper lunch. All that or boosting a single character the equivalent of 1000 40 second runs of Earth Shrine Entrance in an instant.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Getting closer to taking my Lightning (or Luneth) to the next level.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

With how esper Odin was not advertised it feels like a dripfeed. Hope it's just a hiccup like how they said the Doublicorn was 3000 phantoma.

Aw man, that sucks, but you're totally right, they advertised Carbuncle when that got added. Wit h the global exclusive events and the way Type-0 came out of nowhere despite the outdated event/units, I guess my hopes for catching up are but a pipe dream at this point.
Any other outdated events compared to our current meta we might get?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

So I'm guessing I should stop my story progress to get these mats.

Every month we seem to be getting a grind event and an exploration event. Clearing the exploration event fully once gets you all the goodies, bit the grind event gets you as much loot from King Mog as you can afford.

You could wait till you clear the available story if you really wanted, but if you're able to grind out some event currency, it will pay off in the long run.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

If nothing else, there's usually a daily mission to do 3 story quests. Just focus on clearing new content instead of running Earth Shrine Beginning 3 times.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I think I'll end up 6*-ing CoD. I have business meetings in Atlanta so running Vortex EXP during the day will be quicker than trying to focus on this event. So I'll get a handful of mats in the evenings.

Only problem is I don't have some one to fill her place for the event...

Decisions decisions

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MohShuvuu posted:

Nice, Rain 6* means AoE fullbreaker!

https://exviuswiki.com/Rain

I don't see AoE Full Break in that description, are you quite sure?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
whoops I guess not, sticking with faris then

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I already have 2 dual wields and I have 4 Zidanes left. I can squish two of them together, right? Is there any reason I'd ever need more than 5 dual wields?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Probably not, unless you have an Arena team with a character that would use Dual-Wield that isn't on your main team.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nope, the only reason is convenience/not wanting to equip and unequip characters. But remember to keep TM farming until two of them reach 45% before you fuse them together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

HGH posted:

Nope, the only reason is convenience/not wanting to equip and unequip characters. But remember to keep TM farming until two of them reach 45% before you fuse them together.

47.5%, not 45%.

• Locked thread