Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

First pic isn't labeled as cheddar cheese, second one I can't read the label.

Is oversensitive about American food law a new type of goon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Hillard
May 22, 2012

I guess it's just a subset of the pedant-type goon. Sorry for wasting everybody's time, I answered my own question!

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
I've always figured every goon in here has some sort of disordered eating/eating disorder

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Ok, I guess I'll be the first to say it: I want my wife to put on that Nutella lipstick and make out with me so hard. I see no downside.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Efexeye posted:

gonna take my kid to get this tomorrow morning

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Railing Kill posted:

Ok, I guess I'll be the first to say it: I want my wife to put on that Nutella lipstick and make out with me so hard. I see no downside.

I want a box of them to just eat in front of the TV.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wouldn't buying a jar and using a spoon be easier at that point?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

davidspackage posted:

I want a box of them to just eat in front of the TV.

Sakurazuka posted:

Wouldn't buying a jar and using a spoon be easier at that point?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Don't you guys have these in America?

e: They come with a little plastic paddle so you can shovel it into your face.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Megabound posted:

I haven't seen those, but I have seen snack packs with little breadsticks and Nutella.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Megabound posted:

:australia:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't know how I feel about these

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

That doesn't look bad as long as the cucumber taste doesn't overwhelm the filling.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Aesop Poprock posted:

Looks like to much work for a mediocre snack, but I would eat it at a funeral.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y516CkcW2hM

A pile of breaded chicken patties is not a lasagna.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Atticus_1354 posted:

Looks like to much work for a mediocre snack, but I would eat it at a funeral.

I know the current thread title hasn't been up long but "I'd eat it at a funeral" should be considered for the next one.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I know the current thread title hasn't been up long but "I'd eat it at a funeral" should be considered for the next one.

agreed

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Would

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Once a Mom Always a Cook" - Did her children die?

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

"Real diners at Carrabba's" - by which they mean that the actors they paid to be in the commercial also ate some of the food?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Heck apparently the FDA even allows restaurant to sell things which are not lobster under the lobster name.
Fuckin langastino bullshit

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I would, but there are none of those around.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Also would. I like the idea of the crunchy outside contrasting with the squishy meat. I have also been known to eat whole cucumbers.

EDIT: I plural real good.

Samizdata has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Jan 15, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Saw this in the supermarket.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats uh...

hmm

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
That red tag / post combo....

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Google tells me that's shredded kataifi dough which is Middle Eastern, but also really popular in Asia. People use it to wrap shrimp in because it's easier than using a spaghetti-like pasta? I...I don't know. It's Chinatown, Jake. Lebanese-inspired Chinatown.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Tiny shredded pastries!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RandomPauI posted:

Google tells me that's shredded kataifi dough which is Middle Eastern, but also really popular in Asia. People use it to wrap shrimp in because it's easier than using a spaghetti-like pasta? I...I don't know. It's Chinatown, Jake. Lebanese-inspired Chinatown.

Kataifi is good tho

Its called kunafa in arabic places.
Really versatile stuff. I like to use it when I feel vol-au-vent would be too rich and boy is it good at holding sauces and the like without going too soggy. :3:

Iirc its also used as an alterative coating whered youd use tempura batter. Which is the small pastries tou see up there.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I wish this could be the thread title.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Aesop Poprock posted:

Wood

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Aesop Poprock posted:

Mods, please change my name to LO-CARB FUNERAL

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

I did a terrible thing to gingerbread cookies. I do not know how. I am not good at baking cookies.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

I did a terrible thing to gingerbread cookies. I do not know how. I am not good at baking cookies.

Did you forget to add flour? That looks like 100% brown sugar.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
My house suddenly smelled like raspberry jam on badly burned toast, turned out my dad took some lumps of old cookie dough out of the fridge and decided to make them into two cookies and microwave them. They burned and he still hasn't eaten them and the house still smells like that.

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Jew it to it! posted:

Did you forget to add flour? That looks like 100% brown sugar.

Nope these were from mix. I just hosed them up. This is not the first time. At least it's not one mega cookie. :shrug:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sweeperbravo posted:

My house suddenly smelled like raspberry jam on badly burned toast, turned out my dad took some lumps of old cookie dough out of the fridge and decided to make them into two cookies and microwave them. They burned and he still hasn't eaten them and the house still smells like that.

This is something a 5 year old would do. Do your dad's live in nurses not watch him full time?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Aesop Poprock posted:

Cucumbers are just a sad, sad replacement for a good slice of bread. Would not, would never, eat bread.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chase with vodka
Wonder where you went wrong

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
thread title: PUT THE DOLHPIN IN THE GLASS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmaonk
Oct 15, 2007

Chinese Starcraft tomato ninja image

baw posted:

I did oversimplify in my post, this is a more thorough explanation

quote:

Gavin Lavi Sacks, a wine researcher at Cornell, contrasted the experience of wine growers in the United States and France: "In the US, the primary concerns [of regulators] are safety and tax revenue as opposed to quality. In the EU, you have sub-regions — Bordeaux, Burgundy — and they each have rules about actual production practices."

The Italians have the DOC (Denominazione di origine controllata) system — a government-regulated quality assurance program for wine and food. If a tomato or pizza or bottle of olive oil carries the DOC seal of approval, that means it was made following traditional practices and that it consists of ingredients sourced from particular locations. (The Italians do, however, have a problem with people cheating the system.)

This confused the hell out of me when I was an exchange student in Oregon. It took a few weeks until I figured out why my local and not very large Market of Choice was importing pretty much every kind of regional European cheese under the sun. They weren't. Also, California champagne.