Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
My god they've done it. They've really done it. The least readable dice on the planet:

I literally do not know which is the 1 and which is the 6 (I'd guess the Tzeentch symbol is the 6 but it has 1 circle, and most of the others are determined by counting the circles).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm guessing skull = bad = 1

But yeesh thats bad

wait this is warhammer maybe skulls good???

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah like skull = 6 makes some sense:
  • Skull kinda sounds like "six"
  • If you roll a 6 to hit/wound, you usually kill the other guy, hence skull
  • Warhammer loves skulls
  • The Tzeentch symbol has one dot
  • The Tzeentch symbol looks kinda like a snake and double-ones are called "snake eyes"

But on the other hand:
  • Tzeentch sounds like "six" too
  • If you roll a one on your save, you die, hence skull
  • Skulls are usually bad
  • If you count the "things" inside the Chaos star, there's only one skull

This doesn't even get into how 2-5 are indistinguishable at a glance.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
are those real? Jesus those are awful

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Not only are they real, but they were so popular they already sold out and they were only up for preorder: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tzeentch-Dice

Avenging Dentist fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jan 15, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Lets be fair here. Those do seem like excellent representations of the type of dice Tzeentch would use.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Hunt11 posted:

Lets be fair here. Those do seem like excellent representations of the type of dice Tzeentch would use.

Didn't they make a Tzeentch die with a face reading 7 a couple years ago?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Didn't they make a Tzeentch die with a face reading 7 a couple years ago?

Last year and it was a promotion. Spend $200 dollars and you get a die with a 7 on it.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

so i went to go play warhammer with a friend of mine today (he's been out of the hobby for years and i'm trying to get him back in to a game he knows) and i watched a fistfight happen over age of sigmar in my store today

please do not play aos

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Business Gorillas posted:

so i went to go play warhammer with a friend of mine today (he's been out of the hobby for years and i'm trying to get him back in to a game he knows) and i watched a fistfight happen over age of sigmar in my store today

please do not play aos

are you sure that wasn't a warscroll rule?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Business Gorillas posted:

please do not play aos

Can you elaborate? I love to hear about nerd drama :allears:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

are you sure that wasn't a warscroll rule?

Fisticuffs, Brettonian warscroll

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
If, in your hero phase, you flail haplessly with both arms at your opponent,

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Stepped foot in a GW store for the first time in over a decade (sister in laws husband wanted some paints.) There were three people in there, one staff and two people playing age of signatures. I overheard them say that they had just finished turn one in an hour and a half of playing.

As we left he pointed out the flgs across the road, which I could see eight people gaming at the window alone.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I can't figure out how to link to this besides someones tumblr page but drat, the Age of Sigmar movie looks awesome http://earlploddington.tumblr.com/post/155890005088/genderviscera-filenames-autoresolvewebm

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I spent 8 hours yesterday learning and playing forbidden stars with my friends. We did it because my friend found it for $50 and my other friends "wanted to play a warhammer game." They've assembled and painted some models and know about the fiction. I told them how wrong they were but said I'll explain it in the end. It was a great game and we left satisfied. I then explained to them how different it would be had it been a GW 40k product (especially on the finer qualities of warlord traits) and how they got to play a good warhams game before the FFG/GW split.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

I can't figure out how to link to this besides someones tumblr page but drat, the Age of Sigmar movie looks awesome http://earlploddington.tumblr.com/post/155890005088/genderviscera-filenames-autoresolvewebm

That's a good manpile.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_ojry25ycYl1reia5i_480.mp4

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
http://i.imgur.com/jtnREvA.mp4

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:drat:

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

I can't decide if I like the guy in blue quietly GTFOing in the foreground or the brown team guy who shows up after everyone's dead already and still manages to break his neck tripping over a corpse.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

holy moly

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
poo poo I misspelled Slgmar

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Good narrative forging you did there. Which ones are the bloodblood bloodbloods?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

spectralent posted:

I can't decide if I like the guy in blue quietly GTFOing in the foreground or the brown team guy who shows up after everyone's dead already and still manages to break his neck tripping over a corpse.

I'm the guy in blue quietly GTFOing in the foreground.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

The Skeleton King posted:

Good narrative forging you did there. Which ones are the bloodblood bloodbloods?

i'm the bloodblood bloodblood

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
hi death thread! i developed a positive opinion of the WH40k IP from the dawn of war games and that led me to enjoy the TCG Conquest but then GW split from FFG because ??? and welp!

i developed a positive opinion of the WHF IP from Vermintide and Total Warhammer and thought "perhaps i might enjoy other fine products in this line" but welp!

i've never purchased a warham mini and likely never will yet i am one of you. observe i even post without capitalization.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

You should try forbidden stars if you want a great Ameritrash game.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SuperKlaus posted:

i developed a positive opinion of the WHF IP from Vermintide and Total Warhammer and thought "perhaps i might enjoy other fine products in this line" but welp!
You may want to hunt down Chaos in the Old World and Warhammer Diskwars while they're still somewhat available.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

SuperKlaus posted:

hi death thread! i developed a positive opinion of the WH40k IP from the dawn of war games and that led me to enjoy the TCG Conquest but then GW split from FFG because ??? and welp!

i've never purchased a warham mini and likely never will yet i am one of you. observe i even post without capitalization.

ew

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I am up to date with Death Thread, finally!

Grey Hunter posted:

Stepped foot in a GW store for the first time in over a decade

Why must you bring shame upon the family?

Grey Hunter posted:

As we left he pointed out the flgs across the road, which I could see eight people gaming at the window alone.

Why didn't he go buy paint there instead?

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm actually totally fine giving Mantic the benefit of the doubt on sculpts. The vast majority of stuff I've gotten from them has looked good. But man is their studio painter trash.

The dude's an awesome painter, but his paint style just doesn't suit KoW models. His work on Warpath, Mars Attacks and Walking Dead is fantastic but the lack of hard edges just screws his paint style when it comes to KoW. He really needs to work more contrast into the models.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Daedleh posted:

The dude's an awesome painter, but his paint style just doesn't suit KoW models. His work on Warpath, Mars Attacks and Walking Dead is fantastic but the lack of hard edges just screws his paint style when it comes to KoW. He really needs to work more contrast into the models.

Honestly I would not have thought it was the same painter doing kings of war and walking dead.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Same

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Last year and it was a promotion. Spend $200 dollars and you get a die with a 7 on it.

Gotta roll that 13 some how on the Bell

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Daedleh posted:

Is he the guy that forgot to fill the gap in the horse necks on the elf chariot?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hey nerds did you hear the news:

SteelMentor posted:

Apparently the Craftworld Eldar are getting an Astra Millitarium style rename to "Aeldari", according to a couple of BL writers. Deldar are also getting a name change.

ITS NOT AGE OF EMPEROR GUYS IT'S NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
EVERYTHING IS FINE.

DEATH THREAD TOURISTS.

TWATS.

• Locked thread