Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I'm fine with From software doing another fantasy or gothic horror thing. I just want bloodborne 2.

AlphaKeny1 fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jan 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to see a From software game with the same aesthetic that Automata has. Futuristic, robots that kinda thing.

I wanna see how they can take their sword type combat and tie it to a future theme.

I specifically wanna see them go back to what they did in King's Field (2 in Japan) where it's all proto-souls in terms of aesthetic and atmosphere and then at the end You touch a weird cube thing and are teleported inside of a tron-lookin maze filled with cybernetic demons and cybernetic antlions so that you can kill proto-kalameet and regain the sword of moonlight, all while avoiding all of the missiles and lasers being shot at you

A very bizarre area. It'd be neat to see them try to make an entire game with that sort of aesthetic.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to see a From software game with the same aesthetic that Automata has. Futuristic, robots that kinda thing.

Well they DO have the Armored Core series. :v:

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Soul Glo posted:

Does Link talk? Pretty sure he was silent throughout that trailer, could be wrong tho.

Of course he talks.. heres footage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADYiiNIkEws

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Cojawfee posted:

The four buttons under the left stick are the DPad. It's to allow people to use either joycon as a controller. The pro controller has a real dpad.

Nintendo provides a solution for everything except internet cynicism

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So this just entered my mind:

If voice chat is now supposed to be done via a smartphone app... how will that work? Wouldn't that make it difficult to listen to the actual game?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

There is no app, they just expect you to phone your friends.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Pureauthor posted:

So this just entered my mind:

If voice chat is now supposed to be done via a smartphone app... how will that work? Wouldn't that make it difficult to listen to the actual game?
Easy. You hold the joycon with your two hands and with your third hand you hold the phone.
One could also sit on the phone and communicate via finely timed farts.

Maybe they can make the tablet itself hook onto the phone and pretend to be a wireless headset, so that you shout at the screen.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I think bluetooth headsets are a thing nowadays. You might want to look into them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's not truly multiplayer if you don't hand player 2 a slightly inferior controller.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
My Switch wishlist (switchlist) at this point, because the only announced games I really care about until summer are Zelda, Bomberman, and Puyo Puyo Tetris:

Actually good virtual console support where we don't have to wait until the end of the console's lifespan to get games I actually want.

Some indie titles and stuff on the e-shop that aren't present in the current release schedule. Like, we're supposed to be getting that new version of Shovel Knight with the co-op campaign, but it's not up on Nintendo's "coming soon" page yet.

Monster Hunter 5 in 2018.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

heres an alright video that actually shows the thing in portable mode a bunch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNJHckS8hBg

looks sweet as hell to me :moonrio:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Holy poo poo that is gorgeous in portable mode.

I'm guessing if Zelda is 3 hours a game like puyo puyo or virtual console will be closer to 6.

Spider2414
Apr 17, 2013
Zelda looks so good and the device looks great too in portable mode. I'm glad they chose a bigger screen over 'look it fits in your pocket!'.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/EA/status/819778527574691841

:geno:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
People who are not white Americans care. But not me, I don't care. From what I understand FIFA isn't even a good soccer game compared to Pro Evolution.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

greatn posted:

People who are not white Americans care. But not me, I don't care. From what I understand FIFA isn't even a good soccer game compared to Pro Evolution.

it's been millions of times better than pro evo for a while now

konami used to make the best football games (sorry, eu, soccer sounds dum) but they lost that market too

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Watching IGN footage scares me because these so ccalled reviewers pick up Nintendo Games and are really loving bad at them.

Like I watched Zelda, Mario Kart and Splatoon footage had no loving clue and yet gets paid to review videogames? What the gently caress.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

greatn posted:

What's most amusing about all this, and what most of posters here don't see for some reason is that the titles like the lovely FIFA, COD, Battlefield, Asscred and other annual AAA poo poo is what makes or brakes the console these days. Most customers don't give a gently caress about any niche series or any new series for that matter. They buy the game box that plays all the aforementioned annual AAAs with the shortest loading times and mostest pixels and rarely get other games. Wii did really well but it was during the Gimmick Age, Guitar Hero sold millions in those days. WiiU showed that these times were clearly over and now Nintendo are making basically the same mistake twice in a row.

So yeah, most consoles have lovely starting lineups. But most also have the annual megasellers in their library and I'm not entirely sure if EA and Activision really want to use their time and money to make games for Switch.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The most blatant "Game company will be dropping all Switch support because ______ game didn't sell" I have ever seen.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Once they go to the trouble of making FIFA 17 each successive FIFA will cost like $5 to make.

I'm pretty sure FIFA is their best selling franchise worldwide.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

greatn posted:

Once they go to the trouble of making FIFA 17 each successive FIFA will cost like $5 to make.

I'm pretty sure FIFA is their best selling franchise worldwide.

FIFA is in the 100 million club, and it's a small club

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A Eurogamer editor is claiming that Switch FIFA is based off the PS3/360 Legacy edition rather than the modern PS4/XB1 versions.

Does From Software have any plans for this thing? I know they're making at least three games right now: Armored Core 6, one that will "comply with the expectations of the fans in a straightforward manner" (probably Souls/Souls-like), and "a very weird game." One of them is for PS4/PSVR (probably AC6).

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

greatn posted:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Are there any videos of the operating system yet? Also any confirmation that we're getting Netflix at launch?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Look how excited and happy he is. Sold. I don't even like soccer, not the least bit.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Louisgod posted:

Are there any videos of the operating system yet? Also any confirmation that we're getting Netflix at launch?

Switch UI

No word about Netflix at launch.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I bought a cheap as hell 2ds yesterday and I've been playing it. It owns and I see now why Nintendo is doubling down on a tablet as the 3ds kicks the salt out of the Wii U. It's honestly weird how many games I've played that feel the same as my old Wii U just lower res. I'm still used to lovely portable games

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
boy i'm happy i unexpectedly received a wii u for christmas so that i dont have to preorder this thing for botw

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ethanol posted:

I bought a cheap as hell 2ds yesterday and I've been playing it. It owns and I see now why Nintendo is doubling down on a tablet as the 3ds kicks the salt out of the Wii U. It's honestly weird how many games I've played that feel the same as my old Wii U just lower res. I'm still used to lovely portable games

Congratulations you now own two of the greatest gaming libraries in existence for a hundred and thirty bucks.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ethanol posted:

Get a monster hunter and be complete.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Congratulations you now own two of the greatest gaming libraries in existence for a hundred and thirty bucks.

actually $79. Might upgrade to a n3dsxl at some point though

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The 3DS line is real good and DS compatibility is fantastic

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ethanol posted:

The 3d eye tracking works really really well. Its worth it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ethanol posted:

Oh good you have more money to spend on sweet 3DS and DS games.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Policenaut posted:

A Eurogamer editor is claiming that Switch FIFA is based off the PS3/360 Legacy edition rather than the modern PS4/XB1 versions.

Does From Software have any plans for this thing? I know they're making at least three games right now: Armored Core 6, one that will "comply with the expectations of the fans in a straightforward manner" (probably Souls/Souls-like), and "a very weird game." One of them is for PS4/PSVR (probably AC6).

they were on the list of third party partners back in October

There's been tell they got Dark Souls 3 running on it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Oh good you have more money to spend on sweet 3DS and DS games.

Un yeah I'm definitely spending money on 3ds games (coughs)

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

ethanol posted:

The 3DS has more games overall but the Wii U still has a lot of great exclusives. NSMB Wii U, SM3DW, Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, MK8, Smash bros, Wonderful 101 (if you're not bad at games), Pikmin 3, Windwaker and TP HD, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff.

Perfect Wii retro-compatibility and most of its library being available in the eshop for about $19 is also a big deal if, like me, you almost skipped the Wii. The Wii U is, unironically, the best console of its generation software wise by far provided you own a gaming PC.

EDIT: dont get monster hunter generations unless you like playing an incredible game on a tiny baby bitch screen with terrible textures and resolution

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zlatan'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
Actually kinda sad that the Switch coming out I'll probably use my 3DS a lot less. It's a drat fine thing and it's shocked me that I still use it a few times a week to hunt some monsters.

• Locked thread