Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We've known that last part since the start of the season. Tekkadan humiliating the poo poo out of Gjallarhorn with just a bunch of AV'ed children was a real oops moment in that it suddenly made all those mercenary and pirate groups realize just how formidable a fighting force they could make out of those lousy child slaves they have by the hundreds. Or can just grab off the street of any lovely town on Mars.

Yeah, but it raises the question of whether Tekkadan's success informed the development of this thing a little more... ah... directly, if you follow me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently Atra is going to say something stupid again this coming episode. Expect her to ask Mika if he'd like to have babbies with Kudelia

Also he's out of the system by the look of this pic, so extension cord Mika is looking very likely

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Apparently Atra is going to say something stupid again this coming episode. Expect her to ask Mika if he'd like to have babbies with Kudelia

Also he's out of the system by the look of this pic, so extension cord Mika is looking very likely

He's sitting on the Lupus's chest armour with a cable coming out of his back and winding into the cockpit, so he probably is still stuck in and around his Gundam.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah but it wont be long till he realizes "Hummmm if cable was long enough...."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

As soon as they develop bluetooth technology, Mika's golden.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Well, you know, except for the little detail that he wants to be locked in his suit because he doesn't see a future for himself as anything other than a literal war machine, and wants to force his friends to employ him in that way and only in that way.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

If Mika survives the series he's going to be stuck inside some sort of mobile worker farming machine.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Green Intern posted:

As soon as they develop bluetooth technology, Mika's golden.
I look forward to Mika's upgrade being called "Gundam Barbatos Lupus NetGear".

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Just have a mobile worker painted up to look like Barbatos' head with the v-fin

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I don't think a mobile worker would substitute, it's more like Mika and Barbatos have merged so much that bits of Mika's nervous system have been uploaded into Barbatos' internal network.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Phobophilia posted:

I don't think a mobile worker would substitute, it's more like Mika and Barbatos have merged so much that bits of Mika's nervous system have been uploaded into Barbatos' internal network.

Probably not, I'm just enjoying the mental image of a Barbatos'd version of IBO's Ball-equivalent.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I swear to god if iok gets anyone from tekkadan or the turbines killed because of much of a loving idiot he is. He's going to be way past redemption and I hope he gets cartad but without any sympathy for being manipulated by chocoman. He gets everything he deserves

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I swear to god if iok gets anyone from tekkadan or the turbines killed because of much of a loving idiot he is. He's going to be way past redemption and I hope he gets cartad but without any sympathy for being manipulated by chocoman. He gets everything he deserves

I'm developing an increasing suspicion that he might end up getting Julietta'd.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lol if julietta fucks up her kill confirmation and a second masked gentleman turns up working for tekkadan

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Actually it appears this time that Iok was actually pretty clever. His plan was quite good.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually it appears this time that Iok was actually pretty clever. His plan was quite good.

Seemed like it was mostly Jasley supplying the brains there, even if the precise details may well have been provided by Iok. Going to be interesting to see what Julietta is flying - it should show up next episode, and yet it's had no previews, kit or otherwise.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

Seemed like it was mostly Jasley supplying the brains there, even if the precise details may well have been provided by Iok. Going to be interesting to see what Julietta is flying - it should show up next episode, and yet it's had no previews, kit or otherwise.

Well Jasley directed him at a target. (Which he actually thinks is the right one.) Iok came up with the plan.

Though Iok is being stupid with his blame game. It was not Tekkadan's fault his men died.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If anything happens to the turbines you can bet your rear end that McGillis is going to say "You know who caused this, yep that idiot Iok" and next thing we are going to see is Barbatos intimately introducing a blunt object into Iok's cockpit over and over again.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Man Naze you are such a creep. "I don't think of them just as wives but as daughters too." Is not a line you ever need to say.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That was one of the two :stonk: lines of this episode. The other one being They look like hams . When Mika explains why babies look cute.

junopsis
Dec 28, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The other one being They look like hams . When Mika explains why babies look cute.

Mika: "What's your name? It doesn't matter, it'll be gone soon."

Also Mika: *eats an entire cannoli in one go*

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Are you implying that babies don't look like hams?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though Iok is being stupid with his blame game. It was not Tekkadan's fault his men died.

In this case he literally has no one to blame but himself. It was his stupidity that took him to Mars, it was his stupidity that activated the Hashmal, and it was his stupidity in trying to attack it with a single dinky rear end rifle that led to his men sacrificing themselves just to TRY and keep his dumb rear end alive. Which they still almost failed to do because of how god drat stupid he is.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If anything happens to the turbines you can bet your rear end that McGillis is going to say "You know who caused this, yep that idiot Iok" and next thing we are going to see is Barbatos intimately introducing a blunt object into Iok's cockpit over and over again.

We can only hope Lok meets his end via a Carta-esque bludgeoning that sees him dead by sheer blunt force trauma to the frame and not even the dignity of getting the cockpit block caved in. He deserves it far more than she ever did.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

It may be impossible, but what I want is for Iok to realise what a colossal idiot he's been and that he was the only one at fault for the death of his men. So I don't want him to die, since he can't realise that if he's already dead.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Atra, if you want to have a baby with a guy, talking about babies is not the way to go about it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Atra, if you want to have a baby with a guy, talking about babies is not the way to go about it.

She's going to ask her old manager and she's going to tell him to get Mika drunk. Next time she brings him milk she's gonna spike it

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I like Amida's MS in the flashback, seemed to be inspired alot by the Gelgoog. Looked a bit like a leftover G-Reco design actually.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

StalkofWheat posted:

Are you implying that babies don't look like hams?

Excuse me, babies all look like Winston Churchill. Who may or may not look like a ham.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really wish they'd kept past-Amida's design for the present-day one, instead of the trash she wears. :v:

So dashing. :swoon:

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
The new OP and ED, holy poo poo that's some poignant, painful stuff. Meat puppet Mika, Elmira, the shrine to Biscuit :smithicide: On the adorable side, Atra and Kudelia appear to be holding hands in the ED.

Van Dine posted:

It may be impossible, but what I want is for Iok to realise what a colossal idiot he's been and that he was the only one at fault for the death of his men. So I don't want him to die, since he can't realise that if he's already dead.

I'm hoping for the same thing, both because I am probably his only fan and because it's far more interesting than him getting demolished by Mika like a cannoli; it's too much of an easy out. There's some precedence with Gaelio going through a similar arc from a naive noble with good intentions to "woke" realist playing the long game, so it really depends on if the writers want to explore that kind of character potential with Iok or not.

I really feel for Iok's poor subordinates, they're trying so hard to get through his thick head and stop him from being a one man train wreck but he is having none of it.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Hey Gaelio, Ouja wants his mask back :colbert:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemon-Lime posted:

I really wish they'd kept past-Amida's design for the present-day one, instead of the trash she wears. :v:

So dashing. :swoon:

Her current design implies that she's more comfortable with both her femininity and her scars. In the flashback where she's wearing the more masculine(or at least gender-neutral) clothes, she says that people usually don't hire her when they find out she's a woman, and she apologizes for her scars. Now she flaunts both her scars and the fact that she's a woman

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Her current design implies that she's more comfortable with both her femininity and her scars. In the flashback where she's wearing the more masculine(or at least gender-neutral) clothes, she says that people usually don't hire her when they find out she's a woman, and she apologizes for her scars. Now she flaunts both her scars and the fact that she's a woman

You can look feminine without looking trashy and her design veers towards the trashy end of the scale, though your point about displaying the scars too makes it tough not to show a lot of skin.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Most of the big players in Teiwaz seem to favour wild, slightly tacky fashion. It seems to be a 'gently caress you, I'm an interplanetary crime boss, I can wear what I want' thing.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I like Amida's MS in the flashback, seemed to be inspired alot by the Gelgoog. Looked a bit like a leftover G-Reco design actually.

It's a Spinner Rodi painted pink. You remember, the worker-suits that got slaughtered en masse at Dort? Just in case we needed a little reminder of how hardcore Amida actually is.

And man, this really was Adults Give Children Terrible Advice: The Episode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Going for wild and slightly trashing makes sense for space Yakuza at least. They really should be pretty flamboyant.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth Walrus posted:

It's a Spinner Rodi painted pink. You remember, the worker-suits that got slaughtered en masse at Dort? Just in case we needed a little reminder of how hardcore Amida actually is.

It's a pink Spinner Rodi with a headspike. The spike is just sticking out the back

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:stonklol:
:smith:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That picture needs a force ghost Biscuit looking down on them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ethiser posted:

That picture needs a force ghost Biscuit looking down on them.

Well for like half a second you can see ghost Naze so its sort of like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They're still going out of their way to make Naze basically the nicest and most flawless dude in the universe. I didn't expect them to tear him down or anything, but him discovering that his association with Tekkadan has served as a weak point that has destroyed his entire life's work and will likely kill everyone he loves and has spent his life trying to protect and then accepting it without any complaint or even any negative emotional response is a little disconcerting.

That and the wives and daughters line, yikes.

• Locked thread