Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

Is there a youtube video that shows them, I've never been able to find most of the lines.

Bardin doing a kruber impression.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df44935r_do&t=92s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Watch Dogs 2 will sometimes have random citizens exercise their second amendment rights when poo poo starts going down. Like once I was fighting a street gang for some loot in one of their bases when a bystander whipped out a pistol and started fighting the gangsters too when the battle spilled out into the streets. Just now I jacked a car and the driver pulled a pistol and took a shot at me as I drove away from her. I can't think of another open world game that does that.

Hate to be "that person" but GTA did this.

In San Andreas I would regularly carjack old ladies who'd pull out a pistol and take pot shots as I drove off. Not to mention some peds were randomly picked to be "criminals" and they would pull out a gun to shoot at police for no reason.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

Hate to be "that person" but GTA did this.

In San Andreas I would regularly carjack old ladies who'd pull out a pistol and take pot shots as I drove off. Not to mention some peds were randomly picked to be "criminals" and they would pull out a gun to shoot at police for no reason.

I am all but certain I remember drivers doing it in original top down GTAs too. Also sometimes happened in Mafia 1 I think (not 2 though).

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I think it happens in at least one of the Saints Row games.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Taerkar posted:

I think it happens in at least one of the Saints Row games.

That was one of the main features in 2 and 3. The maps are divided into hoods, and each hood is controlled by a gang. Gang members have a chance to spawn in hoods they control, and they're armed with that gang's favored weapons. If they're in your gang, you can have them follow you and help you. Otherwise, you can taunt them to get experience at the risk of having them call friends to attack you.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Double Punctuation posted:

That was one of the main features in 2 and 3. The maps are divided into hoods, and each hood is controlled by a gang. Gang members have a chance to spawn in hoods they control, and they're armed with that gang's favored weapons. If they're in your gang, you can have them follow you and help you. Otherwise, you can taunt them to get experience at the risk of having them call friends to attack you.

I'm pretty sure civs could shoot at you if you jacked their ride, too, though not sure if they'd join in on shootouts.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kumaton posted:

I'm pretty sure civs could shoot at you if you jacked their ride, too, though not sure if they'd join in on shootouts.

I know pimps will join in on whatever the gently caress they want in 2.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Yeah, there's a hidden gang faction of pimps, where if you kill them or their hookers, they'll be aggressive and start firing at you.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

One of the best things about SR2 is that the peds are complete assholes. They'll carjack you, run you over, crash into you, whatever. You constantly look a their behaviour and go "but... That's not fair" and it makes you feel so much better about cutting loose and murdering them

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Just got Watchdogs 2, and so far its been really fun. A vast improvement over the previous one. Some things:

-Your bros are the best. Wrench's Robin Hood style of Anarchy, the way that Josh nerds out about hacker lore or making wikis to help people learn about their vulnerabilities, stuff like that. It really helps the world live.

-Holy poo poo I hacked people by staying in one place and using the car hacking skills to get the poor shmuck chasing nothing. One guy rage-quit after running past my van about five times, shooting at random cars speeding off.

-I kinda want one of those sling-weapons that Marcus has.

All in all, I'm a few hours in and loving the heck out of it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

J.A.B.C. posted:

Just got Watchdogs 2, and so far its been really fun. A vast improvement over the previous one. Some things:

-Your bros are the best. Wrench's Robin Hood style of Anarchy, the way that Josh nerds out about hacker lore or making wikis to help people learn about their vulnerabilities, stuff like that. It really helps the world live.

-Holy poo poo I hacked people by staying in one place and using the car hacking skills to get the poor shmuck chasing nothing. One guy rage-quit after running past my van about five times, shooting at random cars speeding off.

-I kinda want one of those sling-weapons that Marcus has.

All in all, I'm a few hours in and loving the heck out of it.

The sling weapon's apparently something the developers got by researching a whole bunch of home-made weapons people have made (going along with the whole hacker/Maker community vibe), and what it is is apparently an eight-ball with a hole drilled through it on a sling.

Also I had far too much fun with one player where I just sat on a roof while chasing them around with the Jumper and mashing the taunt button while they searched frantically at street-level :allears:. If you want something to work towards, get the ability to remote-drive cars ASAP. There's a few missions that want you to steal a car, and it's generally possible to get it out of the restricted zone by clumsily mashing the drive commands until it's facing the right direction and accelerating. Plus you can use it to really gently caress with players while you're hacking them.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Len posted:

Honestly I never even bothered to roll anything else. It was just witch doctor all day every day.

The Crusader is also a lot of fun, just for her personality. With a class name like Crusader, and learning that she left home as a child to join a fanatical order of wandering religious warriors who each take the name and armor of their mentor when their mentor inevitably perishes, you'd expect the Crusader to be a hardass religious zealot, right?

Nope, one of the first conversations the Crusader has with a villager worried that she's there to convert everyone by the sword is to say nope she's on a crusade to redeem the good name of her faith and fight evil, and people are free to believe whatever they wish.

The Crusader then proceeds to agree with everyone that life sucks, and she'd have it no other way. Companion asks what the Crusader would like to happen to her when she dies? Just strip her useful gear off her and toss her body in a ditch, she'll be in heaven so who cares what happens to her body. NPC at a loss and looking for a purpose in life? "Join my crusade! The work is hard, the rewards are few, and you'll most likely die!"

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
You can talk to her sire in the lead up to the final boss. It's pretty great in that it's basically mom chat of rehashing embarrassing childhood memories and reminding her she's not getting any younger and should think about kids (read: a successor to pick up her armor and weapons after she dies in combat).

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also I had far too much fun with one player where I just sat on a roof while chasing them around with the Jumper and mashing the taunt button while they searched frantically at street-level :allears:.

Also a good use for parking garages. My co-op partner would announce himself by hacking me and about half the time I'd blow him up; the other half he'd goad me into blowing myself up.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Watch Dogs 2 will sometimes have random citizens exercise their second amendment rights when poo poo starts going down. Like once I was fighting a street gang for some loot in one of their bases when a bystander whipped out a pistol and started fighting the gangsters too when the battle spilled out into the streets. Just now I jacked a car and the driver pulled a pistol and took a shot at me as I drove away from her. I can't think of another open world game that does that.

I'm honestly kinda baffled that I've never seen this in an american open world game before now when I think of it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Watch Dogs 2 have dogs wandering around that you can pet. I just accidentally hit one and closed the game immediately so that means it never happened right?

Right? :ohdear:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Watch Dogs 2 have dogs wandering around that you can pet. I just accidentally hit one and closed the game immediately so that means it never happened right?

Closing the game kills every dog in the Watch Dogs world. You're Watch Dog Hitler.

How do you live with yourself?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I just accidentally hit one and closed the game immediately so that means it never happened right?

How many accounts do you have, MisterBibs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

That is an awful mean thing to say to Brock Lesbian.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

poptart_fairy posted:

If it was Bibs he would of missed the dog, careened his car into the lake and come here to tell us the Devs are awful for making cars work the way they do and they were better in grand theft auto 4.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Feonir posted:

If it was Bibs he would of missed the dog, careened his car into the lake and come here to tell us the Devs are awful for making cars work the way they do and they were better in grand theft auto 4.

Counter-argument: he closed the game because a dog choked him up.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 12:36 on Jan 15, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

yook posted:

You can talk to her sire in the lead up to the final boss. It's pretty great in that it's basically mom chat of rehashing embarrassing childhood memories and reminding her she's not getting any younger and should think about kids (read: a successor to pick up her armor and weapons after she dies in combat).

Complete with the Crusader's companion giggling at her and the Crusader trying to go "But Mom, I'm trying to save the world from apocalypse at the hands of the angel of death!"

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh poo poo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
When I hit a dog in WD2 I didn't close the game but I did feel worse about it than any of the humans I killed.

Game also has a weird bug where if you see someone walking their dog and pet the dog it breaks the link between dog and owner so they both wander off in different directions afterward (after turning around and saying "aww, how cute!" because they see you petting a dog).

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

Also, when I started up WD2, I thought for a second I saw my e-mail in the code strings in the intro when they're flashing by.

Turns out, I got an e-mail from Ubisoft Club welcoming me to WD2. It was my e-mail, displayed as part of the in-game lore. And I almost forgot I had UbiClub, since I never use the drat thing.

Well played, Ubisoft.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

haveblue posted:

When I hit a dog in WD2 I didn't close the game but I did feel worse about it than any of the humans I killed.

Game also has a weird bug where if you see someone walking their dog and pet the dog it breaks the link between dog and owner so they both wander off in different directions afterward (after turning around and saying "aww, how cute!" because they see you petting a dog).

Oh you wanna pet my dog. Be my guest--he's yours now!

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I remember in Fallout 4 finding a merchant who was holed up in her little shack with a bunch of cats which seemed like the cutest thing ever until I looked at her inventory and found "cat meat" on there.

Then a little while later I went back to the Abernathy Farm and found out that you could actually kill the cats in the game because the Abernathy cat had died in a previous shoot out there and NO I DON'T WANT TO COLLECT CAT MEAT FROM THE CORPSE YOU BASTARD GAME.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Hell I've had "strange meat" people in my inventory for ages just waiting for some possible use for it

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Perry Normal posted:

I remember in Fallout 4 finding a merchant who was holed up in her little shack with a bunch of cats which seemed like the cutest thing ever until I looked at her inventory and found "cat meat" on there.

Then a little while later I went back to the Abernathy Farm and found out that you could actually kill the cats in the game because the Abernathy cat had died in a previous shoot out there and NO I DON'T WANT TO COLLECT CAT MEAT FROM THE CORPSE YOU BASTARD GAME.

There's a mod to make cats essential, right? :ohdear:

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Byzantine posted:

There's a mod to make cats essential, right? :ohdear:

Yes, an essential part of a recipe http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10378/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Perry Normal posted:

Man, you would hate the games I play in Dwarf Fortress. I have whole civilizations and economies built around the slaughter of kittens immediately after they're born. Dorfs eat gourmet kitten meat dishes served in sauces made of kitten blood and rendered kitten fat. Clothes made from tanned kitten hide. Literal tons of crates filled with kitten bone scrimshaw to be traded away for booze and more cats to be slaughtered.

DF is a good game.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

THAT'S IT!

I've come up with a new recipe!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Who What Now posted:

Man, you would hate the games I play in Dwarf Fortress. I have whole civilizations and economies built around the slaughter of kittens immediately after they're born. Dorfs eat gourmet kitten meat dishes served in sauces made of kitten blood and rendered kitten fat. Clothes made from tanned kitten hide. Literal tons of crates filled with kitten bone scrimshaw to be traded away for booze and more cats to be slaughtered.

DF is a good game.

Dont forget the traditional practice of dropping animals at terminal velocity into the dining halls until your dwarf population is so dead inside they'll never throw a tantrum again.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

I've freed so many dogs from their oppressive masters.

Mierenneuker posted:

lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Dont forget the traditional practice of dropping animals at terminal velocity into the dining halls until your dwarf population is so dead inside they'll never throw a tantrum again.

I prefer the method of covering every single square inch of every wall and floor with carved artwork of such mind-shattering beauty and filling the larders with food good enough to bring you to tears so that even the most horrific events are instantly forgotten.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I finally got Rimworld.
Starting a tribe game (high starting population but very low tech).
A pet cat went crazy and was put down by a tribesman. This caused a chain reaction of fights that killed all but one person.
They had a massive infection and decided to start fires randomly and die from starvation.

Rimworld: It's like Dwarf Fortress but playable!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Inzombiac posted:

I finally got Rimworld.
Starting a tribe game (high starting population but very low tech).
A pet cat went crazy and was put down by a tribesman. This caused a chain reaction of fights that killed all but one person.
They had a massive infection and decided to start fires randomly and die from starvation.

Rimworld: It's like Dwarf Fortress but playable!

I had a lone wanderer game where my dude was in a pissy mood, a cargo pod fell from the sky full of cocaine. Dude has a drug binge mental break, proceeds to snort the entire thing until he dies from an overdose and I get a game over.

Rimworld is a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
In Skyrim, there's a sidequest you can work through: to either fight for the Imperials, who are trying to keep the empire as one after signing a contentious treaty, or join the rebellious Stormcloaks, who are trying to keep their religious practices and way of life.

I chose to help the Stormcloaks, and directly after the rousing final battle, there's a moment where you're led to believe what you're doing was wrong to start with. Defeating the Empire is just a stop-gap solution and bigger, tougher trouble's on the horizon. I thought it was a really smart moment - that there will be consequences for completing your quest and you're not the ultimate-god-hero-who-is-the-best-and-always-right, like in the rest of the game. I actually felt like my work had been tainted.