Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rexroom posted:

Video showing the Switch UI in more detail. One noticeable absence in the UI: No web browsers. Considering how many times hackers have blown open consoles using Webkit browser exploits, it was probably a smart move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8tfSj8Zs90

I have used my web browser on my Wii U all of twice, my 3DS once, and my PS4 all of never. It won't be missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I will never understand why people like Call of Duty. The game is so brainless.

I hate the COD series but its the only poo poo any of my siblings will play, doesn't mean its bad just because it isn't for me. And on the occasions we actually see each other someplace with a console, I'd still rather play a bad co op game than nothing at all.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Junkie Disease posted:

Dragon Quest heros 1*2 looks like lazy lazy poo poo. My hopes for FE Heros are dashed.

Those are ports of existing games made by Bandai Namco. The Fire Emblem game is tentatively called Fire Emblem Warriors, suggesting it'll essentially be a Musou game (e.g. Dragon/Dynasty/Hyrule Warriors) by Team Ninja and Koei Tecmo. Two totally different games -- check out videos of Hyrule Warriors if you want a general idea of what to expect.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah, DQ Heroes isn't made by the same people as who made Hyrule Warriors at all.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TFRazorsaw posted:

I have used my web browser on my Wii U all of twice, my 3DS once, and my PS4 all of never. It won't be missed.

I used it on my N3DS to watch some Virtual Boy let's plays IN 3D and that was pretty fun

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

punk rebel ecks posted:

Not sure if already posted, but BOTW has dual audio voices!

What do VO and VF stand for? Voice over and _?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

coffeecup posted:

Version originale and version française. The tweet is saying botw will allow you to play with the japanese voice acting.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I always wanted to hear what link sounded like in japanese

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yeah, DQ Heroes isn't made by the same people as who made Hyrule Warriors at all.

Wait what? I thought all the various musou games were made by the same studio

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yes, DQ Heroes was made by Omega Force.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Looper posted:

Wait what? I thought all the various musou games were made by the same studio

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Heroes:_The_World_Tree%27s_Woe_and_the_Blight_Below

Huh. My apologies. Still, I wouldn't call that representative of what Hyrule Warriors will be like. It comes down to who's overseeing it and what the parent company wants after all.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

UI looks minimalistic and good. I guess they figure of you have you phone next to you to voicechat. You can look poo poo up on that.

And if you dont buy their online. You still have a phone next to you to look poo poo up.

Hopefully the companion app will make this a snappy UI.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

DalaranJ posted:

A lot of people game to experience adrenaline rush in a safe environment, like a roller coaster that you can play. People who play games because they like to solve interactive puzzles (or for other reasons, of which there are many) can find this motivation vexing.

I'm talking about skillwise. The game requires like no-skill. The maps are designed terribly so you can just camp in one area and constantly kill people.

coffeecup posted:

Voice fetish it's one of THOSE types of games.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
LOL at the people who can't navigate the very simple and intuitive PS4 UI. The bone...that's a POS. The PS4 is fine. Whatever you used / played most recently slides to the left. All games get their own icon. Multimedia has it's own folder. And I think there is another folder.

Above that is your menu bar that has things like settings and notifications and friends list.

So basically don't listen to the haters because they are abject morons.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

Browsers are useful for connecting to WiFi hot spots with captive portals (like on trains, airplanes etc.)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

this thread in a nutshell

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Browsers are useful for connecting to WiFi hot spots with captive portals (like on trains, airplanes etc.)

Didn't think of that. And switch on a plane is a selling point.

Only time I ever used 3ds browser was to connect to Wi-Fi during a layover to buy A link between worlds. Which was the best decision.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 15, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I use my wii u browser fairly frequently to watch shows while i am in bed (html5 streams work). The 3ds browser is useful for having a guide or something open for your game you're playing since it swaps so quickly.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope they stream some 4 man snipperclips that poo poo is gonna be bonkers!!!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Waltzing Along posted:

LOL at the people who can't navigate the very simple and intuitive PS4 UI. The bone...that's a POS. The PS4 is fine. Whatever you used / played most recently slides to the left. All games get their own icon. Multimedia has it's own folder. And I think there is another folder.

Above that is your menu bar that has things like settings and notifications and friends list.

If you actually read our complaints it's that the basic menu bar is okay. It's literally everything else about it that's idiotic.

Holy poo poo, I just remembered that when you take a disc out of the game, the game's icon stays in the menu band rather then just popping up only when the disc is inserted. That poo poo's annoying.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

yeah DQH is Omega Force Copy and paste lazy. I have a feeling the 4 player mode is also boss rush only. With the flattest level designs outside 8 bit!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

punk rebel ecks posted:

If you actually read our complaints it's that the basic menu bar is okay. It's literally everything else about it that's idiotic.

Holy poo poo, I just remembered that when you take a disc out of the game, the game's icon stays in the menu band rather then just popping up only when the disc is inserted. That poo poo's annoying.

Maybe my expectations are low but it is better than the bone and the wii u. So it's the best one.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Waltzing Along posted:

it's not that I can't navigate it, it's that it shouldn't be full of apps I didn't download and ads for poo poo I don't want, with categories that seem arbitrary and no options to create folders so I can just shove the poo poo I don't want to see out of the way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It would be nice to create folders. I'll give you that. It's a huge improvement over the PS3 which was the UI version of an apple fanboy.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

it's not that I can't navigate it, it's that it shouldn't be full of apps I didn't download and ads for poo poo I don't want, with categories that seem arbitrary and no options to create folders so I can just shove the poo poo I don't want to see out of the way.

It has folders now.
Games. Apps. Everything. Are the 'arbitrary catagories' your stretching pretty far here.

The last few things are on screen. Scroll right and its alphabetical. Not hard.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They added folders? Praise jeebus.

They still shouldn't be trying to sell me stuff on my own screen though. Folders are nice but the better choice would be for it to be just plain GONE.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The PS4 should have an addon that I can wave at or talk to in order to communicate what I want. gently caress spending a couple seconds using the controller. It should be called the Detect because it detects my voice.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

They added folders? Praise jeebus.

They still shouldn't be trying to sell me stuff on my own screen though. Folders are nice but the better choice would be for it to be just plain GONE.

Yeah last big update a few months ago. I never see ads. Did I turn them off somehow?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Waltzing Along posted:

The PS4 should have an addon that I can wave at or talk to in order to communicate what I want. gently caress spending a couple seconds using the controller. It should be called the Detect because it detects my voice.

The PS Camera does this. If you check the game information it even tells you the voice command.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

a.lo posted:

I always wanted to hear what link sounded like in japanese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTpYiCEvgbE

Here you are.

Edit: and yes, he has a knack for getting the "courage" voice roles...and green.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 15, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Waltzing Along posted:

Remember that pack-in mono+mic line?

Well of course not, it's dirt trash garbage.

But any pack-in headphones from a phone or something would work.

Or the Vita earphones.

Or the bluetooth stereo+mic headsets that Sony and others liked selling.

Policenaut posted:

The PS Camera does this. If you check the game information it even tells you the voice command.

Or that, especially if you're going PSVR at some point.

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

I imagine the "16 new tracks" claim includes all battle tracks, but we should be getting 1-2 new cups based on the Splat racing track we've already seen.

I thought the Splatoon was just a battle mode arena, not an actual race course. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the only new tracks were for the battle mode.

I'm keeping my Wii U, so I think I'm going to skip Mario Kart 8 Deluxe unless it gets some new race tracks and a price cut. I mean, I miss playing as Dry Bones, but not enough to pay $60 again for the same game. And I've never cared about battle mode.

Edit: It's confirmed that there are no new race tracks http://nintendoeverything.com/no-new-race-tracks-in-mario-kart-8-deluxe/

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm weirdly excited for the return of the feather in Mario Kart.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
But they aren't called a Detect.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah last big update a few months ago. I never see ads. Did I turn them off somehow?

I'm talking about things like this. There's the apps I actually used and downloaded; Neflix, Hulu, Amazon, Youtube, CR, and Funimation, and stuff I didn't, like the NFL app, Vudu, ESPN, WWE, and IGN, along with ads for some individual movies and the Beatles that I can stream. I have never been able to figure out how to get rid of stuff like this and it's all over the place. It's both annoying and tacky.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
God drat I can't wait for ARMS!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waltzing Along posted:

Plug in a rockband mic, and you get voice control.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
People seem pretty interested in ARMS

you could say

ARMS has got legs

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yo I wish these Zelda people didn't talk still.

I hope link never talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Dr Cheeto posted:

People seem pretty interested in ARMS

you could say

ARMS has got legs

but does it have LEGS