Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

My ally list had a lot of people who have quit playing and I've only just noticed this. Cleared them out - but I wouldn't mind having some new people on that list to borrow their toons: 332-858-457

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

hup posted:

This game is awful and predatory and I love it. How do you guys mod Lando? Or Ashoka? OR ANYONE MY ONLY GEAR SEVEN IS HK HELP WHAT IS HAPPENING WHY AM I OBSESSED WITH THIS GAME

A guildmate of mine put together a bunch of "How do I mod X?" trading cards that are a pretty good primer on playing to the strengths and weaknesses of different characters. He's making more all the time.

http://radiofreetatooine.com/modcards/

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hup posted:

How do you guys mod Lando?

Crit/Crit Dmg

Speed on the Arrow
Crit Damage on the Triangle

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
If I have Baze/Chirrut but they are only 3 star is it worth moving off empire team for them once geared? If not, what would the star tipping point be?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Boozie posted:

If I have Baze/Chirrut but they are only 3 star is it worth moving off empire team for them once geared? If not, what would the star tipping point be?

Yes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ugh, what's the fastest/easiest Jawa team to get going for the Crit Damage mod challenges? I only have the "Jawa" and he is terrible but I'm going to need to start farming mods other than +Health.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress me ship battles are long and terrible

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress me ship battles are long and terrible

Yeah, when they first launched it seemed really nice and fun. But I guess with everyone now having beefed up their pilot cahracters and ships it's reached a saturation point where it's just a loving slog and everything takes forever.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

explosivo posted:

Ugh, what's the fastest/easiest Jawa team to get going for the Crit Damage mod challenges? I only have the "Jawa" and he is terrible but I'm going to need to start farming mods other than +Health.

Unlocking and starring up a whole jawa team takes a while, there's not really a shortcut you just gotta grind that poo poo out.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Field Mousepad posted:

Unlocking and starring up a whole jawa team takes a while, there's not really a shortcut you just gotta grind that poo poo out.

I'm doing this right now. I have them all unlocked and am in the middle of starring them up. Been at it since just after the palp event.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

explosivo posted:

I think there's only 5 jawas you can have, Dathcha, Jawa, Jawa Engineer, Jawa Scavenger and Chief Nebit. One comes from arena, one from GW, one from cantina tokens, one from guild tokens, and the other from cantina/LS/DS battles. Enjoy!

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

explosivo posted:

It's pretty easy if you focus your gear and effort on Nebit and JE, though JE is a pretty slow farm. I think I finished it with 6* Jawa, 5* Jawa Scavenger, 7* for the rest. G7-G8 mostly.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I love all my jawas. JE is the last hold out at 80/100, but soon they'll all be gear 8, 7*.

It was pretty crappy when I started, but it goes fast since they get shards from different sources. Learn to see the journey of leveling them as your focus instead of the destination of critical damage mods and your quality of life will improve.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Oh, I cleaned out my friends list pretty fierce. Here's my ally code:

Bola Het

336-246-591

Grogquock
May 2, 2009

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, when they first launched it seemed really nice and fun. But I guess with everyone now having beefed up their pilot cahracters and ships it's reached a saturation point where it's just a loving slog and everything takes forever.

Mace Windu with a healing group is the worst offender. Taunt! Crit Immune! Taunt! Heal! Immune to damage! Heal! Taunt! Crit Immune!

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

You can remove me from IGD, after getting close to smashing my tablet a few times due to RNG constantly loving me in normal and ship arenas this week, I've stopped playing.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Vodos posted:

You can remove me from IGD, after getting close to smashing my tablet a few times due to RNG constantly loving me in normal and ship arenas this week, I've stopped playing.

Vodos nooo :smith: at the very least play Force Arena with us!

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Grogquock posted:

Mace Windu with a healing group is the worst offender. Taunt! Crit Immune! Taunt! Heal! Immune to damage! Heal! Taunt! Crit Immune!

I've been using Fives as a reinforcement against these teams to good effect. I run Biggs/Vader/Tie Fighter/Slave 1/Jedi Consular as my initial line up and while I do focus on one ship I try and spread as many target locks around as I can and wittle down each ships protection. By the time I lose a ship I usually have target lock on at least 3 ships and when Fives comes in with a guaranteed critical and +80% damage to the entire team, he usually takes out at least 2 of the squisiher ships (Wedge/Ahsoka/etc...).

One of the top 5 on my shard runs the Mace stall comp and I beat it with 4 minutes remaining yesterday using this approach.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Aadoniel posted:

Learn to see the journey of leveling them as your focus instead of the destination of ___________ and your quality of life will improve.

This is some God-tier advice that I often have to remind myself of and one does well to apply it to every game in this type of genre.

It's either that or just stop playing and do something else with your free time, which is exactly what a friend of mine just did and he's all the happier for it.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
My fleet strategy has been using JC and Geo Soldier with Ackbar so that there's always a lot of out-of-turn attacks and bonus protection flying around. It's mostly working, I'm up to top 20 in my shard but who knows if it'll last.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Rancor died before I got damage in. Way to big league that bitch, QGJ.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
From when damage starts you have 3-4 hoes to get a hit in currently with QGJ, this time will only decrease so make sure you know what your window is, and when damage start is.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Are ya'll activating the night before to give everyone that 12 hour window to put up a donut for rewards?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

WerrWaaa posted:

Rancor died before I got damage in. Way to big league that bitch, QGJ.

I got in but he killed my team before i could get damage in. The life of a scrub.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Chilichimp posted:

Are ya'll activating the night before to give everyone that 12 hour window to put up a donut for rewards?

Yup, still ironing out some of the kinks, there's always a few people that have the wrong start time but they usually only put up several thousand damage, although this time someone blasted P1 an hour ahead of time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

General Probe posted:

Yup, still ironing out some of the kinks, there's always a few people that have the wrong start time but they usually only put up several thousand damage, although this time someone blasted P1 an hour ahead of time.

That's bullshit.

I can solo P1 in 30 minutes.

Eques
Jun 11, 2001

Love those days when the game decides you're just not finishing GW.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't finished a GW since coming back to the game :negative:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

overdesigned posted:

I haven't finished a GW since coming back to the game :negative:

Get your Phasma/STH max TM on node 1

Take them out of the roster until poo poo gets had 9/11/12

Put them in to help crush a bitch. (The longer you can keep them out, the better)

I've also taken to doing the same with Boba Fett (AOE ability block) and TFP (buff immunity)

After that's all good, I just faceroll with rebels.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 16, 2017

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

loving stacking Regen is awful

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ZenVulgarity posted:

loving stacking Regen is awful

fighting your first Chaze team, eh?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Just fought Baze for the first time what the ever living Christ is that poo poo?!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Just fought Baze for the first time what the ever living Christ is that poo poo?!

Poor game design.

Next hero will start the round with taunt + counter attack + dispell and stun on basic that call-assists another toon who strong AoE's on basic or some stupid poo poo.

edit:

oh and tenacity up on basic for good measure.

Honestly. Baze and Sun Fac both are just loving way OP.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 17, 2017

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
In general, how do you deal with Boba? I'm newish (62), so right now my main arena team is Lando / STH / Lumi / QGJ and no one really for the fifth slot yet, I'm grinding for some recommended characters but right now trying out Mace. I normally dodge Boba but that's getting harder, so I've been nuking the healers and killing the rest of the team while trying to ignore him. Is it best to just try and blow him away as fast as I can?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Chilichimp posted:

Poor game design.

Next hero will start the round with taunt + counter attack + dispell and stun on basic that call-assists another toon who strong AoE's on basic or some stupid poo poo.

edit:

oh and tenacity up on basic for good measure.

Honestly. Baze and Sun Fac both are just loving way OP.

I don't think Sun Fac is in the same ballpark as the Rogue One guys. He was definitely OP when he showed up half a year ago and paired with RG, but he's very slow and these days you can nuke right past him before he gets going, or just Buff Immunity him and make him useless. He's still great in stalling teams don't get me wrong but Chaze >>> SF.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

oops wrong forum posted:

I don't think Sun Fac is in the same ballpark as the Rogue One guys. He was definitely OP when he showed up half a year ago and paired with RG, but he's very slow and these days you can nuke right past him before he gets going, or just Buff Immunity him and make him useless. He's still great in stalling teams don't get me wrong but Chaze >>> SF.

I disagree. Counter-attack + dispell on basic is just as loving stupid as Baze all by himself.

It's Baze + Chirrut that get really broken.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Chilichimp posted:

I disagree. Counter-attack + dispell on basic is just as loving stupid as Baze all by himself.

It's Baze + Chirrut that get really broken.

You shouldn't be attacking SF until last though, and if you're having trouble with his Taunt then your team has other problems. I think SF is a good gate-keeper to the top-tier teams. If you have a top-tier arena team, IMO, SF isn't really a threat unless he's in a team of world-beaters, as there are too many ways nowadays to either get rid of his Taunt right away or prevent him from ever doing it to begin with (B2, JKA, TFP, EP, Baze, comedy Echo option for Clones, and good ol' QGJ). And I didn't even mention Ability Blocking him or Dazing him. He's a good check for some sort of dispel or BI, so if you just have a vanilla Wiggs team then yea, you might struggle. But his speed and his crap damage keep him out of the elite of the elite, again, IMO.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

fighting your first Chaze team, eh?

All the high ranks of my arena have them and it's loving awful

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Darksaber posted:

In general, how do you deal with Boba? I'm newish (62), so right now my main arena team is Lando / STH / Lumi / QGJ and no one really for the fifth slot yet, I'm grinding for some recommended characters but right now trying out Mace. I normally dodge Boba but that's getting harder, so I've been nuking the healers and killing the rest of the team while trying to ignore him. Is it best to just try and blow him away as fast as I can?

Option 1, get your own boba and kill the opponent's with execute. Alternatively try to kill him right after he attacks, so you can get him a second time before he fills his meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I do not have the tools to beat that Regen stacking right now