Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

odiv posted:

Whoops, sorry, meant Hope, not Heart.

Hope of Ghirapur.

The best new commander of aether revolt I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anglachel
May 28, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

The best new commander of aether revolt I agree.

I know somebody trying to brew up a standard deck with it and 4 Touch of Tezzeret, I hope it works. There seems to be SOMETHING there with all the artifact synergies and recursion synergies for artifacts.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Man, gently caress my luck this weekend, amazing pools but I am mulliganing no landers down to 4 with 17 lands in the deck. Every game I have lost I am stuck at 2 lands. Current deck has smuggler's copter and the new pain train, pirate legendary, aerial responder, the the drop rw tap and target creature can't block, bunch of other value 3 drops. Argh!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dehtraen posted:

Man, gently caress my luck this weekend, amazing pools but I am mulliganing no landers down to 4 with 17 lands in the deck. Every game I have lost I am stuck at 2 lands. Current deck has smuggler's copter and the new pain train, pirate legendary, aerial responder, the the drop rw tap and target creature can't block, bunch of other value 3 drops. Argh!

Throw all of your cards high in the air then gather them and shuffle

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I went to my first prerelease and finished 1-2,lost a close last match. It was really fun, I opened Tezzeret, paradox engine, a ton of artifacts, and shaeeli's artistry, and barals expertise. It was a decent deck for my first sealed event, I just wish I would of had better aggro creatures to go that path.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

its me glenda posted:

Throw all of your cards high in the air then gather them and shuffle

I did this and they DQ'd me, thanks a lot, Glenda

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Dehtraen posted:

I did this and they DQ'd me, thanks a lot, Glenda

Did you do it more than once that's against the rules now

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone been testing Modern Cheerios with Sram?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's a lot more consistent than it was but it's still a deck that falls over to stony and leyline.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah. Owned hard by fatal push. Still fun tho.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sickening posted:

It's a lot more consistent than it was but it's still a deck that falls over to stony and leyline.

How does it fall to Stony Silence? Monastery Mentor is a really good plan B.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Is there a better thread than this one to ask questions about Xmage in? I'm having trouble getting it to connect to the server and am lost.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

TheKingofSprings posted:

How does it fall to Stony Silence? Monastery Mentor is a really good plan B.

Mox being shut off is a big deal. Mentor is a good plan b.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Olothreutes posted:

Is there a better thread than this one to ask questions about Xmage in? I'm having trouble getting it to connect to the server and am lost.

The Xmage reddit should be able to help. I've only used that program a few times and when I had a problem setting up I got my answers there.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

ShaneB posted:

Did you do it more than once that's against the rules now
Some of the cards landed face up so I had to do it again to make sure it was properly randomized

Just kidding, got second place with RW three drops.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ended up opening a sweet WR aggro pool and went 5-0. Played a dozen two drops and just had a bunch of 4 mana removal and good vehicles like Opalchase Dragster and Untethered Express. Metallic Mimic was probably my most overperforming card, getting me at least two counters each time I played it. Naming bird and going Eddytail Hawk into Aetherstorm Roc is pretty sweet.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
Just got back from the 2 HG pre-release. Partner's promo was Heart of Kiran, mine was Inspiring Statuary. Pulled an Ajani and Tezz and went 3-1, felt real good.

Piloting the 7/11 on turn 3 in our last game was hilarious and super fun.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

Just got back from the 2 HG pre-release. Partner's promo was Heart of Kiran, mine was Inspiring Statuary. Pulled an Ajani and Tezz and went 3-1, felt real good.

Piloting the 7/11 on turn 3 in our last game was hilarious and super fun.

If you didn't say "thank you, come again!", you hate fun.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Angry Grimace posted:

Given the tease at the end of the Kaladesh storyline, it's almost certain they're doing it for the 25th anniversary or whatever.

I think sooner, the fall set hasn't been announced right? I'd bet it is "return to Dominaria" basically the teaser makes me think the plot is more or less "go to Amonkhet, Bolas beats the poo poo out of the Jacetice League, they retreat to Dominaria."

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Olothreutes posted:

We have a fair number of people in the irc chat that use it, also.

The card that overperformed the most for me this weekend was Cogwork Assembler. Multiple opponents had to double check it when I copied their sweet artifact bombs. Probably a lot more niche in draft, but in sealed (especially #PrereleasePromo), I saw no end of strong artifacts.

Also got to watch someone open an Ajani promo, a Nissa, and another Ajani. EDIT: In their prerelease pool.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

jassi007 posted:

I think sooner, the fall set hasn't been announced right? I'd bet it is "return to Dominaria" basically the teaser makes me think the plot is more or less "go to Amonkhet, Bolas beats the poo poo out of the Jacetice League, they retreat to Dominaria."

The 25th anniversary is August of this year I think.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the caleb durward wildfire video is great if only for his opponent raging out about a top deck at one point and caleb laughing at him about it. caleb durward is a precious angel and i love all of his videos

Dehtraen posted:

i used to have this happen to me a lot in paper magic and honestly it's just because i wasn't shuffling well. but also i have nerve damage in one of my hands and just can't, but luckily you can actually get assistance from a judge, yay judges thanks! but seriously maybe practice shuffling more, i mean there's a chance you just got super unlucky but it sounds like a Mechanical Error

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 16, 2017

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer
Source your quotes

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

rabidsquid posted:

the caleb durward wildfire video is great if only for his opponent raging out about a top deck at one point and caleb laughing at him about it. caleb durward is a precious angel and i love all of his videos

:agreed:

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

jassi007 posted:

the name of the sets after Amonkhet block leaked. The art of those 3 booster pack things they sell at Walmart showed up somewhere. they're called Atlazan and Conquest of Power.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

rabidsquid posted:

i used to have this happen to me a lot in paper magic and honestly it's just because i wasn't shuffling well. but also i have nerve damage in one of my hands and just can't, but luckily you can actually get assistance from a judge, yay judges thanks! but seriously maybe practice shuffling more, i mean there's a chance you just got super unlucky but it sounds like a Mechanical Error

I got it all figured out I just separated my deck into two piles, and alternated lands with spells and my mana issues went away

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Retromancer posted:

the name of the sets after Amonkhet block leaked. The art of those 3 booster pack things they sell at Walmart showed up somewhere. they're called Atlazan and Conquest of Power.

While that's the most likely thing, I've also been wondering if distributing those images was some sort of clever market research to gauge interest in a mesoamerican-esque expansion.

But then I remembered we were talking about Wizards.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Retromancer posted:

Those weren't sets, those were just mockups for a marketing survey.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

mossyfisk posted:

While that's the most likely thing, I've also been wondering if distributing those images was some sort of clever market research to gauge interest in a mesoamerican-esque expansion.

But then I remembered we were talking about Wizards.

To be fair, Conquest of Power may win the prize for dumbest magic set name ever. I wouldn't be surprised if they change it before the announcement.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Because the next city two hours away is the first one that matters we consider Mr. Durward in St. Louis an honorary local because he is a chill and good dude.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

jassi007 posted:

Clearly Commander 2017 will be return to Dominaria with Ajani, Yawgmoth 2.0, and Teferi 3.0 as commanders.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Eschatos posted:

Clearly Commander 2017 will be return to Dominaria with Ajani, Yawgmoth 2.0, and Teferi 3.0 as commanders.

what's yawgmoth 1.0

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Elyv posted:

what's yawgmoth 1.0

Griselbrand.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Elyv posted:

what's yawgmoth 1.0

he dead

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Cloning an activated vehicle results in what?

Kids and Guns
Apr 1, 2013

Rinkles posted:

An unactivated vehicle, I believe.

Cloning is in the first layer, while a type-changing effect is the fourth layer if I remember correctly, so it doesn't copy over.

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Rinkles posted:

"If a permanent becomes a copy of a Vehicle, the copy won’t be a creature, even if the Vehicle it’s copying has become an artifact creature."

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Today I learned there is a 400 page book written about the card "Gush".

I'm equal parts amazed and horrified.

http://www.eternalcentral.com/product/understanding-gush-strategies-and-tactics-3rd-edition-hardcover/

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Niton posted:

Today I learned there is a 400 page book written about the card "Gush".

I'm equal parts amazed and horrified.

http://www.eternalcentral.com/product/understanding-gush-strategies-and-tactics-3rd-edition-hardcover/

I've heard it's a good book on the subject, but I reckon Menendian just wrote it so he can say he literally wrote the book on Gush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Those weren't sets, those were just mockups for a marketing survey.

I don't really believe that, but it is definitely possible those sets are further down the line than right after Amonkhet.

• Locked thread