Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Electric Phantasm posted:

Blue seems to be a major color choice. Wonder if it's an aesthetic reason.

There's an Emishi/Ainu theme to the clothing of the villagers:

Those guys rocked blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the blue scarves mean this takes place in the same continuity as Hyrule Warriors.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TFRazorsaw posted:

are we sure the bird people are Rito?

Fokka

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

it's going to be weird if Ganon shows up wearing a blue scarf

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

a.lo posted:

it's going to be weird if Ganon shows up wearing a blue scarf

He'll show up in Link's traditional green tunic to the confusion of the current Link, who's never seen that tunic before.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

TFRazorsaw posted:

the blue scarves mean this takes place in the same continuity as Hyrule Warriors.

Everything takes place in the hyrule warriors continuity

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

He'll show up in Link's traditional green tunic to the confusion of the current Link, who's never seen that tunic before.

wait, i was the villain?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Bombadilillo posted:

Everything takes place in the hyrule warriors continuity

Exactly!

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

Man I loved the art in that game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
People freaking out about the Zelda stuff is funny. Apparently there is a LE of the book that was released a couple years ago up for preorder in some places. So people are going nuts to secure a copy. Of a book that is already released and easy to find. People are dumb as gently caress.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

People freaking out about the Zelda stuff is funny. Apparently there is a LE of the book that was released a couple years ago up for preorder in some places. So people are going nuts to secure a copy. Of a book that is already released and easy to find. People are dumb as gently caress.

What book?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

TFRazorsaw posted:

Yes!!! gently caress yes!!!!!!

Waltzing Along posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the brand new Art and Artifacts book that's coming out soon??

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

codenameFANGIO posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the brand new Art and Artifacts book that's coming out soon??

Yeah. I got the titles mixed up. LOL me. But still, people are paying 4x more for a different cover with a slip case of a mass produced book.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

What's the special edition cover? I like the regular cover anyway because it matches my Hyrule Historia

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Huh, Princess Zelda is a posh English girl.

I'm okay with this.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

El Burbo posted:

What's the special edition cover? I like the regular cover anyway because it matches my Hyrule Historia

It comes with a pretty cool Master Sword slip cover. Kinda bummed I missed it. :(

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
From what I saw, the special edition has the Master Sword on it. The plastic sleeve has a sheath on it so you slide it down and you unsheath the master sword.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

From what I saw, the special edition has the Master Sword on it. The plastic sleeve has a sheath on it so you slide it down and you unsheath the master sword.

It also has some prettier binding. I am a complete sucker when it comes to Zelda collectibles and even I'm not splurging for it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nephzinho posted:

It also has some prettier binding. I am a complete sucker when it comes to Zelda collectibles and even I'm not splurging for it.

I'd probably have done it if it wasn't a launch title, but not when I'm already gonna be $470AU in the hole for the Switch itself on launch day before even getting Breath of the Wild.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd probably have done it if it wasn't a launch title, but not when I'm already gonna be $470AU in the hole for the Switch itself on launch day before even getting Breath of the Wild.

This is the book, not the game.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

The map that comes with the Special Editions has some plot synopsis details on it in Hylian:

I'll laugh if this info was meant to be a twist, we were supposed to think the mech stuff was ganon's army, and they inadvertently blew it because they forgot nerds know Hylian.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

This is the book, not the game.

Yeah, I totally dropped on the Master Edition. Which will be surrounded by a half dozen special edition consoles on my bookshelf.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I am extremely excited for BoTW. I've been looking forward to it since it's reveal back in... 2014? I think? And arguably I think this is the Zelda game I have been waiting for since WW. (TP and SS just didn't scratch the itch for me.)

One thing I am slightly pissed off about is the disparity between the collector's editions for the US versus europe. I posted this image on another forum, I'll post it here too;

I preordered the UK collector's edition, not realising it wouldn't include the case, the map or the coin. For a difference of $20, I don't understand why those items couldn't be included in the eur/uk bundle? Even the Australian bundle include the map and the coin.

honestly, if anyone out there really wants the sword I'll trade for the case.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
...poo poo, I just realised the case isn't in the Australian limited edition bundle :smith:

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

...poo poo, I just realised the case isn't in the Australian limited edition bundle :smith:

Yeah it sucks right? Especially since during the stream with reggie and the other two people they went out of their way to say there'd be only two versions of the collector's edition, one with the sword and one without. It was with that info I based my decision to preorder the bundle in-store.

I dunno if any Australian stores have this, but there is a nice case based on Link's tunic you can get. http://www.game.co.uk/en/nintendo-switch-starter-kit-link-s-tunic-edition-1791227

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

Blue seems to be a major color choice. Wonder if it's an aesthetic reason.

I'm sensing a fair bit of Princess Mononoke influence there (and also with the overall aesthetic of the game)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Augus posted:

I'm sensing a fair bit of Princess Mononoke influence there (and also with the overall aesthetic of the game)

Werent the Wind Waker Deku sprouts overtly referencing that as well? A good decision.

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

Augus posted:

All that needs to happen now is a deal between nintendo and studio ghibli to produce an animated Zelda film and my life will be complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxav9Jj7R68

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Whimsicalfuckery posted:

One thing I am slightly pissed off about is the disparity between the collector's editions for the US versus europe. I posted this image on another forum, I'll post it here too;

And suddenly I don't feel so bad I probably won't be able to get a collector's edition. The map and case were the only two things I wanted out of it and both are missing. The European cover art is annoying too, though mostly because Link is looking back over his shoulder in a rather cheesy way. If it had him staring out over the horizon like the American one then I'd probably prefer it to the American one simply because the colors are nicer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Augus posted:

I've been saying this for ages! PM is one of my favorite films. To have a game that looks like it makes me very happy

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So is that blue and white flower going to play a big part in the game's plot? There was an odd close up of it in the latest trailer, its blue and white color scheme seems to play a prominent role in the color choice of scarves in Hyrule, and there's a flower in the actual logo of the game.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

I've been saying this for ages! PM is one of my favorite films. To have a game that looks like it makes me very happy

Mine too! The combination of my affection for LoZ: WW/MM and for Princess Mononoke is pretty much why I preordered a Switch instead of waiting a year or giving it a miss like I did with the Wii/WiiU.

Even the music seems to be taking a leaf from Joe Hisashi and I am so into it.

BowieFett
Oct 21, 2008

Mahoning posted:

So is that blue and white flower going to play a big part in the game's plot? There was an odd close up of it in the latest trailer, its blue and white color scheme seems to play a prominent role in the color choice of scarves in Hyrule, and there's a flower in the actual logo of the game.

In one of the videos where Reggie is showing off the stuff that comes in the special edition, one of the treehouse guys says that the flower has some significance in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA5MeNTnTQY

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The overworld will get more graphically intense the more you progress through the game, with the end result being the landscape looking as close to the E3 2014 field as it can be.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

BowieFett posted:

In one of the videos where Reggie is showing off the stuff that comes in the special edition, one of the treehouse guys says that the flower has some significance in the game.

If we can defeat Ganon with flowers, this will be the best game ever.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Gibbering posted:

If we can defeat Ganon with flowers, this will be the best game ever.
It will be this game's fishing rod, in the battle against Ganon.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
My guess is that collecting components for a spell to restore the Master Sword is a major point in the story and the flowers will be a key ingredient.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

haven't seen groose yet in these trailers. fingers crossed though.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I hope Calamity Ganon is drunk all the time and we fight him when he's so hammered he can't even walk properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

My guess is you use those flowers to brew a strong drink and then share some with Ganon. Your gesture of kindness will calm him and the kingdom will be at peace without the use of violence.