Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

IB is gonna be poo poo because it's clash and the weapons are the sidearm (lol) and the rocket launcher (which isn't truth).

That'll be worth playing if I can get an arc RL with tracking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Just doing it for a 400 ghost and artifacf. If bounties give me something good otherwise idgaf

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the hand cannon hasn't come up yet right?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Doesn't matter because except for one gimmick roll the hand cannon is a bad gun.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

BlindSite posted:

Lol if you use truth

Lol if you don't

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I've been running straight purps for a hot minute but if I'm gonna rock a RL, it's Truth. It's a little wasteful in 6s rn tho with Field Scout Silvered or even the the Elementlord trio which have Field Scout and just run a train on enemy teams, provided you take a moment to reload your bong slide and watch the killfeed for enemy heavy to get wiped out by the perpetual rocketeers.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

Doesn't matter because except for one gimmick roll the hand cannon is a bad gun.

I've been using it in PvE and it's fun. All the PvE players should come on in to Iron Banner and play for he hand cannon.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/pT2guzd.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/7wI1liM.gifv

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just finished the taken King main story (well there seem to be a few extra quests to complete now though) and thought I'd mix it up a bit by hitting the strike Playlist thing.

I chose the taken King ones and played through a few but fit some reason the blue drops never seemed to rise above 245 despite my light being 299.

I'm sure I read something that said drops are just around about where your light level is so you're always slowly ticking up to 400. Is there something in missing? My level is kinda boosted by a couple of level 350 items I got from vendors.

Also I just noticed there are raids, they don't use the matchmaking like strikes do they?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Kin posted:

I just finished the taken King main story (well there seem to be a few extra quests to complete now though) and thought I'd mix it up a bit by hitting the strike Playlist thing.

I chose the taken King ones and played through a few but fit some reason the blue drops never seemed to rise above 245 despite my light being 299.

I'm sure I read something that said drops are just around about where your light level is so you're always slowly ticking up to 400. Is there something in missing? My level is kinda boosted by a couple of level 350 items I got from vendors.

Also I just noticed there are raids, they don't use the matchmaking like strikes do they?

Play the level of strikes below heroics until you're closer to 350 and the jump into the heroic strike playlist. No matchmaking for raids because that would loving miserable.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Raids don't use matchmaking and if you ever think that they should:

http://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.gifv

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016
very cheap and gay borderline spawn kills

http://i.imgur.com/9nMXYFr.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/mFZMJYC.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/POXXHV1.gifv

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Killing CensoredbyXBL was a dick move tbh.

fbsw
Mar 3, 2016

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Killing CensoredbyXBL was a dick move tbh.

i want to make this dead gay game deader and gayer

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

Why are people consistently bad at Fallen S.A.B.E.R.? All you have to do to start it is defend a warsat, just stay in the loving ring! But oh no, first sign of trouble and they run to the hills (literally) and we get hosed because I'm the only one defending the damned thing so the counter goes up super slow and we get overwhelmed.

Oh, right... pubbies. All I want is a stupid sleeper simulant

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I usually run off to kill poo poo with Dark Drinker. Regardless if you spend another 30 seconds there you still get the full load of adds spawning

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I absolutely hate this room and everything about it
https://i.imgur.com/NbvJFeT.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Any pvp-centric PS4 clans in need of a gimp like myself to blame poo poo on and water down matchmaking? Peaced the gently caress out of Goon Button Pressers as it's just pve dweebs who don't even play the game, ever.

If I knew I was going to be playing this game when I got a console, I'd be Boned all the way :negative:

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

Lexorin posted:

Why are people consistently bad at Fallen S.A.B.E.R.? All you have to do to start it is defend a warsat, just stay in the loving ring! But oh no, first sign of trouble and they run to the hills (literally) and we get hosed because I'm the only one defending the damned thing so the counter goes up super slow and we get overwhelmed.

Speaking of S.A.B.E.R., I finally got the Warsat to land directly on my head.

http://i.imgur.com/15VVlvN.gifv

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lexorin posted:

I need to run that tonight too, I'll be on in a couple hours after the kids go to bed if you want to run then.

Dropped a matador in supremacy today and got a wizard from the quest, goddamn now I see why you all love vooping poo poo.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

Any pvp-centric PS4 clans in need of a gimp like myself to blame poo poo on and water down matchmaking? Peaced the gently caress out of Goon Button Pressers as it's just pve dweebs who don't even play the game, ever.

If I knew I was going to be playing this game when I got a console, I'd be Boned all the way :negative:

Add me if ya want. I do pvp a bunch when i.bother to play and will be doing ib. Time difference might be an issue but if i can snake your match making and better us connections better for it.

BlindSite55

Lexorin
Jul 5, 2000

The Meat Dimension posted:

I usually run off to kill poo poo with Dark Drinker. Regardless if you spend another 30 seconds there you still get the full load of adds spawning

This was good advice, I went with a sword and that seemed to help a lot. Thanks!

PathAsc posted:

I need to run that tonight too, I'll be on in a couple hours after the kids go to bed if you want to run then.

I managed to finish it, but I'm more than happy to help! I'm on PS4, same name as here feel free to add me.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lexorin posted:

This was good advice, I went with a sword and that seemed to help a lot. Thanks!

I managed to finish it, but I'm more than happy to help! I'm on PS4, same name as here feel free to add me.

Ah drat, I'm on the bone. I may have to pub it :negative:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

PathAsc posted:

Ah drat, I'm on the bone. I may have to pub it :negative:

Just ask some bros in slack, there's a bunch of newer players who do PvE

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Just ask some bros in slack, there's a bunch of newer players who do PvE

Cool, will do. Thanks!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

I absolutely hate this room and everything about it
https://i.imgur.com/NbvJFeT.gifv

Still better than the shrieker room in Dark Blade.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Finished Saber with pubs, now to get a nice legendary pulse. I just want to laser poo poo now.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Saladins isn't always a four bolt kill? Well poo poo.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

actionjackson posted:

The bolts do 50 damage, right? I think it's still possible for certain builds to reach 212 hp so yes there are edge cases where it won't kill.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The Duke posted:

Play the level of strikes below heroics until you're closer to 350 and the jump into the heroic strike playlist. No matchmaking for raids because that would loving miserable.

What strikes are those? I'm kinda struggling to get to grips with all the new stuff as the game doesn't really explain it at all.

Hell, I just realised that there are 5 shortcuts on the bottom left of the destination map for missions that earn you emblems.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Max armor titan with +chest will survive with a bees dick of health.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kin posted:

Do you have Rise of Iron? If you only have TTK you don't get higher light blues...

And no, you'll need to use LFG tools or the thread on SA in PGS

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Yeah I picked up the collection. I take it I should just plough straight into the rise of iron content then?

For some reason I just assumed that the drop levels would just be adjusted for the whole game, like if I kept hitting the older content, drops would still keep coming down at my current light level.

It definitely felt that way during the base content/house of wolves stuff before I hit level 40.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

What is it with people playing this game literally being illiterate psychopaths?

Grenadier, a perk about grenades and having more of them, is not loving pronounced grin-uhh-deer. You throw grin-uhh-dees at your en-uhh-mees, do you? Burn in loving hell.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

cvnvcnv posted:

TRIGGERED FOREVER

What is it with people playing this game literally being illiterate psychopaths?

Grenadier, a perk about grenades and having more of them, is not loving pronounced grin-uhh-deer. You throw grin-uhh-dees at your en-uhh-mees, do you? Burn in loving hell.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/pronunciation/english/grenadier

We pronounce it fine.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:downs: Completely different words are interchangeable!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
So how are you supposed to pronounce it in the context of Grenadier Guards?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

So how are you supposed to pronounce it in the context of Grenadier Guards?

What the gently caress do Grenadier Guards have to do with.... :psyboom:

Heavy, but more so? HEAVIER? Like, you have a word then you take a letter off at the end and add IER to denote what it is and how much compared to an established standard? And that never ever changes the pronunciation of the root word, because why would it? So GRENADE but more than the established amount would be GRENADE-IER? No?

Okay, explain.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol you sound like one of those people that says MEE LEE too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Nobody pronounces it "Grenade-ier". For one, that sounds stupid as gently caress and second it would imply that the word "Grenadiest" exists.

Grenadier: a soldier armed with grenades or a grenade launcher.

The Grenadier perk is designed to refill your grenade charge faster, so you can be a "gren-uhhh-deer".

• Locked thread