Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Long live the new flesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
I'm probably changing the dialogue on this page, don't like how it reads. Juggernaut comes off as petulant which is hilarious but totally unintentional. I didn't really panel it well enough to make it clear he's not aware of what just happened instead of being aware and tsun as gently caress.

The earlier teacup 'I find it hilarious' line was supposed to read 'I find it fascinating' but I finished the page at 2am and my brain pulls funny tricks. I left it in because it still reads ok

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

drat IT. Tsundere Juggs was hilarious. (And slightly interesting -- I want to see how they were created, some day.)

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Operant posted:

I'm probably changing the dialogue on this page, don't like how it reads. Juggernaut comes off as petulant which is hilarious but totally unintentional. I didn't really panel it well enough to make it clear he's not aware of what just happened instead of being aware and tsun as gently caress.

The earlier teacup 'I find it hilarious' line was supposed to read 'I find it fascinating' but I finished the page at 2am and my brain pulls funny tricks. I left it in because it still reads ok

Yeah I think you could scrub the face referencing lines entirely and change nothing else and it will still work, the font change in the previous page works well enough on its own.

(I'm not leaving you alive because I like you or anything!! baka)

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
Reads OK to me I got the impression Juggs was weakened and didn't want to risk further confrontation either and the parting shot was an empty threat attempting intimidation.

Nice twists with this little cameo of Juggs, Maya and the pursuers.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Operant posted:

I'm probably going to catch flak for saying this but I do think changing it back to "fascinating" would be an improvement, especially if you want to make Juggernaut seem less sulky.

Not that I don't love tsundy Juggy.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
'Hilarious' just adds a little something special to their characterization that I love. Don't you dare change it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

VanSandman posted:

'Hilarious' just adds a little something special to their characterization that I love. Don't you dare change it.
Second.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

"Hilarious" was good but I can definitely see how the most recent page pushed Juggs a bit too far into the teen-tsundere category.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Hilarious and Fascinating imply very different things about Juggs's character, but I do like hilarious.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

MikeJF posted:

Hilarious and Fascinating imply very different things about Juggs's character, but I do like hilarious.

I vastly prefer 'hilarious' as well, and sympathies re: tsunnernaut

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'd probably think it's best to defer to the author on this since they know their plans for the character in the future and can judge what actually fits best

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Post both versions, and have the webpage load a version at random when you navigate to the page. Let the war burn forever in the comments.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
"Hilarious" implies outright contempt for humans, "fascinating" implies that he doesn't get humans at all. Go with whichever you think matches where he (or she? who knows) is gonna wind up in the story, Operant.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Edit is up http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-3-22/

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Looking at the updated version of the page Jugg's new line is just fine, but I'd have preferred Maya reacting to what she saw. Perhaps saying "Your fa-" and then getting cut off by Juggernaut, who doesn't acknowledge it at all.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm glad of the change. While rolling over and showing her emotional underbelly to the heroine made sense for Mottom, it makes a bit less sense for an immortal zealot of white fire, embarked on an omnicidal quest for unknown ages. IMO the original verson diminished 6 Juggernaut as an antagonist.

JT Jag posted:

Looking at the updated version of the page Jugg's new line is just fine, but I'd have preferred Maya reacting to what she saw. Perhaps saying "Your fa-" and then getting cut off by Juggernaut, who doesn't acknowledge it at all.
It's quite possible Maya doesn't know or doesn't understand what fleeting glimpse she saw, and is probably cautious enough not to bring attention to it until she does.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
6 Juggernaught is not a woman, he's just a very pretty and clean fight boy

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

SunAndSpring posted:

6 Juggernaught is not a woman, they're a wheel with eyes

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
I missed the original page, what was different?

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Was a huge fan of the original so now I'm sad. I thought it was perfect that 6 juggs turned out to be all bluster, and the paniced exit trying to mask vulnerability was great.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Benson Cunningham posted:

Was a huge fan of the original so now I'm sad. I thought it was perfect that 6 juggs turned out to be all bluster, and the paniced exit trying to mask vulnerability was great.

It's really too late for 6 Juggs to be all bluster, though. This is the same character who earlier beat someone to death with a wheel and later cuisinarted a room of rowdy fight folks.

Regardless of how much they're acting to mask their vulnerability, when your kill count is that long it doesn't count as "bluster" anymore.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Maya says "Your face-?" and Juggs goes "My face? What? No, YOUR face!"

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/scruffsnarles/status/820843192388120577

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mazerunner posted:

Maya says "Your face-?" and Juggs goes "My face? What? No, YOUR face!"

"I'm not a lady, you're a lady! Later, NNNNNEEEEeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddd!!"

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

VanSandman posted:

Yeah, if the line is "fascinating" instead of "hilarious" you lose the part where Juggernaut Star has just mocked humans for possessing a trait he hasn't figured out also applies to himself.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

"I find it hilarious" is, to me, Juggy at his best. You get to see a bit of his contempt, his utter scorn, and the irony of not realizing he shares many of those traits. It sets him up as more than a monster, even if he doesn't realize it yet himself.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Agreed. Hilarious has a level of condescension that really adds something to the exchange. It was a super good change.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I was right, KSBD is turning into Steven Universe.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
"Hilarious" is definitely the better option. You should do more dialog at 2am Op.

I do like the new page better though. It's slightly more show-don't-tell. Also part of what I like about this comic is it's essentially a shonen battle manga but it passed over all the dumb anime cliches and goes it's own way. Tsundere is a dumb character trait even if it was consistent with Jugg's character somehow.

e: Also the excuse that he needs to catch up to his target makes more sense on why he'd avoid wasting time on another fight, even if that's just a cover. The previous one felt kind of forced.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 16, 2017

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

:eng101: remember folks, it's only tsundere if you ever see consistent hints/displays of affection. If they're just a colossal jerk then they're just a colossal jerk.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

If you look at the page, you'll see the image's filename is SOT22r.jpg. 'r' for "revised" maybe? Change it to SOT22.jpg and you'll get the original:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I think the edit is better, but the original did not strike me as Tsundere as some people found it beeeecause:

NachtSieger posted:

:eng101: remember folks, it's only tsundere if you ever see consistent hints/displays of affection. If they're just a colossal jerk then they're just a colossal jerk.

But it did seem like ol' pal 6 star was worried about her moment of vulnerability. This new edit feels like it carries on the tiredness, with Juggernaut finding an excuse to leave on a barb.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jan 16, 2017

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

gently caress all of you for making me learn an anime word

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
If it makes you feel any better, technically you learned three.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

gently caress all of you for making me learn an anime word, it's not like i wanted to or anything. Idiots. :blush:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Bilirubin posted:

gently caress all of you for making me learn an anime word

You'll get over it.

Now go look up yandere. :unsmigghh:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Thyrork posted:

Now go look up yandere. :unsmigghh:

That's the Russian Google, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It used to be Gogole, but international conflict and nationalist impulses have led to many Russians switching to Chekhoo.