Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

If you guys aren't filling up your double-walled growler with craft gravy you're doing it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
The keg has very good gravy

Laminar
Dec 11, 2006

RBC posted:

The keg has very good gravy

I'm triggered.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

When I am sitting in my underwear watching TV and stuffing my fat loving face with poutine, I insist on only the finest non-conflict organic gravy, as any gentleman should.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Stop eating food that I don't like ! Stop eating food the way I don't like ! How dare you call that cheese parmesan

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

ductonius posted:

Let me make this a more accurate depiction of a homeownership story.

Owning a house for any length of time guarantees all of these things will happen during the course of you owning it. A house is a machine. Roofs, hot water heaters, furnaces, siding etc are wear items. They are absolutely expected to need replacement.

Buying a house and not calculating that into the price is like buying a car and going "What! I have to replace the oil and tires?"

Of course they are, and you should of course budget for their replacement. I was more thinking of the unexpected - the new furnace fails after two years, or to use your car analogy you get a tire puncture a month after getting new tires. I mean I assume everyone budgets to replace the major components in their home.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Furnaceface posted:

If it comes from a can it is not gravy. :colbert:

Also apparently a train carrying a load of coal derailed in BC and there is worry of water contamination so people within 60km are being told to not drink water or something.

Cool, and the sturgeon were just making a comeback in that system. I wonder how hosed a long lived species like them is going to be as they bioaccumulate the chemicals used to wash the coal. With an election coming up Im sure Christy will be right on the case with five conditions for rail transport of coal.

PT6A posted:

The gently caress is "poutine sauce"? We call it "gravy," thanks.

If your definition of gravy includes bullion cubes, then yes. Authentic Montreal poutine uses a voute sauce. Its what poor people make when they have stock but no actual meat to roast and collect drippings for real gravy. :goonsay:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hexigrammus posted:

Cool, and the sturgeon were just making a comeback in that system. I wonder how hosed a long lived species like them is going to be as they bioaccumulate the chemicals used to wash the coal. With an election coming up Im sure Christy will be right on the case with five conditions for rail transport of coal.

This is just going to make her double down on LNG and you know it.

e:
This popped up in dadchad

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jan 15, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Personally, I think food is good.

Controversial, I know.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lmao if you think food is anything more than sustenance you indulgent pigs

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...

infernal machines posted:

This is fun to watch, it's basically the perfect framing for the next election where the Canadian electorate gets to choose between two messages:

- You are going to be materially worse off than your parents, your quality of life will be lower, things are hard and they're going to stay that way, because our economy has not kept pace with the effects of globalization and technological change.

- Those drat <insert convenient scapegoat here> took your jobs, they're freeloading and abusing the system, and if we run them out/disadvantage them your life will be better!

Guess which one is going to sell better to all these economically anxious working class Canadians?

The Conservatives are already building a narrative around the latter, and the Liberals are clearly not interested in addressing the former.

Call me crazy, but I think a party like the NDP could make hay by saying they're going to modernize the economy and the social safety net. But :lol: NDP

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I think the government needs to focus on legislating against man-buns and focusing on ensuring that every Canadian can enjoy a meal at the Keg.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cowofwar posted:

I think the government needs to focus on legislating against man-buns and focusing on ensuring that every Canadian can enjoy a meal at the Keg.

You've got my vote eh bud

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

But the government doesn't have a mandate on that. We need a keg referendum, and a few years of studies to determine whether or not the keg is safe, and also how old people have to be to eat at the keg. That should give canopy growth corporation enough time to buy up all the kegs so the government can make them the exclusive producer of steak. They'll also be making an unrelated donation to the liberal party.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The math formula below shows why Keg reform simply beyond the intellectual reach of the average Canadian

S2+g*3=D

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

P.d0t posted:

Call me crazy, but I think a party like the NDP could make hay by saying they're going to modernize the economy and the social safety net. But :lol: NDP

You're crazy.

I mean, hypothetically a party could make a platform around that. The NDP will not be that party.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Powershift posted:

This is why we need coal pipelines.

Like when you leave your keys in the dryer except x10000

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/why-can-t-it-be-a-profit-centre-o-leary-would-consider-selling-senate-seats-1.3240864

lmao

quote:

'Why can't it be a profit centre?': O'Leary would consider selling senate seats

Kevin O’Leary is continuing to float unconventional ideas as he mulls a bid for the Conservative leadership -- including allowing people to buy senate seats.

“I don’t know why we can’t have a hundred thousand or a couple of hundred thousand committed each year per senator,” the businessman and celebrity investor said in an interview with Evan Solomon, host of CTV’s Question Period.

“Instead of it being a cost centre to Canada, why can’t it be a profit centre?”

O’Leary added that senators would “still have to be accredited” but he would “love the fact that, if you’re going to be a senator you commit financially to it, because it’s a role of honour.”

Senators are currently paid a base salary of $145,400. After an expense scandal involving both Conservative and Liberal appointees, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau removed Liberal senators from his caucus and has since made appointments based on shortlists provided by an advisory board.

O’Leary also told Question Period that he has no plans to run for a seat in Parliament should he enter the leadership race, even though there are vacant seats in Ontario and Alberta.

He said his time would be better spent travelling the country to sell the party’s ideas.

“We’ve got to expand the brand of the Conservative Party,” he added. “You don’t do that sitting in Ottawa.”

The “Shark Tank” host also expressed dissatisfaction with campaign financing rules that don’t allow him to spend millions of dollars on his own campaign. Union and corporate donations are also banned.

“I feel bad for the candidates that run around and collected $1,500 at a time,” he said. “I’m going to have to do the same thing, but I think it’s unfair. Why not let me spend my own money … as long as it’s transparent?”

O’Leary added that he thinks Prime Minister Trudeau is in “trouble right now” over cash-for-access fundraising dinners because he “wasn’t transparent.” He said that the Conservatives’ Senate “trouble” was because of their lack of transparency.

“We wouldn’t have trouble with campaign financing if everything was transparent,” he said. “Transparency … that’s how you run a country.”

Senator Conrad Black Arranges Meeting With PM CEO O'Leary and King Trump

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Ah, the Rod Blagojevich special.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://www.change.org/p/governor-general-david-johnston-a-vote-of-non-confidence-in-justin-trudeau-and-his-liberals

quote:

As there is corruption in all matters of Government I believe for the future of Canada we must have a Vote of No Confidence in Justin Trudeau and the Liberal Government the country is going bankrupt , the refugee situation is in chaos and to top it all of Trudeau and his Liberals want know terrorists to keep thier citizenship knowing they had plans to kill our fellow Canadians (that's treason )..this is more a plea to help the taxpayers who are sick of thier fraudulent election promises in which Trudeau and his Liberal were so elected .

Trudeau is committing treason because he lets "terrorists" keep "thier" citizenship knowing that they'll kill Canadians.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

That's... not how a vote of no confidence works.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
https://twitter.com/CBCOttawa/status/820669420863418368

quote:

As Trudeau Liberals court millennials, will baby boomers feel sidelined? https://t.co/X9UDCUo6da

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Uh, just because Trudeau appoints young people doesn't mean he's courting them. His policies are obviously the opposite, fully courting boomers.

But I guess most Canadians are so low info that they have absolutely zero knowledge of what the government is doing outside of photo ops and announcements.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

maybe that's why nothing is getting done with this government. they don't know how lol

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

how does legislation form?? asks 29 y/o cabinet minister pulling in 250,000/year

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I can't wait for rabid RebelMedia fans to start pooling together money to get Ezra Levant a senate seat

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
The Beaverton (which is surprisingly legit good and funny for the most part) provides a timely followup to my "it's kinda nice poo poo isn't quite so bad here as it is there" post a few days ago.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/01/nation-pats-back-pretty-racist/ posted:

Nation pats itself on the back for only being pretty racist

CANADA – In the lead-up to the inauguration of an openly xenophobic US president, Canada is taking a moment to quietly congratulate itself on only being very racist.

“Obviously, we’re not as bad as the United States,” said every single person in the country at some point, holding themselves to the most dismal possible standard. “So we’ve got that going for us.”

The nation of 35 million is quick to point out that it never had slavery, except for that bit at the beginning where it kind of did, but has collectively agreed doesn’t count.

“Toronto is the most diverse city in the world,” said Malcolm Faber, who has never visited any of the actually diverse parts of the city, partly because of how underserviced they are by transit. “I know people who come from England, Scotland, France, Germany, you name it.”

It is also a point of pride for many Canadians that our police usually only stalk and harass people of colour, instead of outright murdering them, except for some of the time, because hey, nobody’s perfect.

“The U.S. interned Japanese people during the war, whereas we only interned them, stole their property, and then sold it to pay for the construction of labour camps,” said Hamilton’s Lindsay Herbert. “See, way better.”

While most of us realize how messed up it is that Borden, a man who gave border officials cash incentives to stop black people from entering the country, is on the $100 bill, you also have to admit how cool it is that they smell like maple syrup.

The Trump election is the best excuse Canada has had since the Iraq war to not think about the kind of racist poo poo it pulls on indigenous people all the time.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

OSI bean dip posted:

https://www.change.org/p/governor-general-david-johnston-a-vote-of-non-confidence-in-justin-trudeau-and-his-liberals

Trudeau is committing treason because he lets "terrorists" keep "thier" citizenship knowing that they'll kill Canadians.

I love how this drooling idiot, incapable of forming a coherent sentence and with no clue of how governments works, uses a picture of himself at the helm of an expensive Chlorox-bottle yacht. If you work on the water the appearance on the horizon of one of these abortions means it's time to lock and load. You just have to assume they're all piloted by a drunk, drooling idiot with no clue and no care.

You have to admire the Big O's work ethic. You've got to get up pretty early in the morning to get a seat on the crazy train before Kelly Lietch.

Furnaceface posted:

This is just going to make her double down on LNG and you know it.

I love the B.C. Liberals latest election gambit: bragging about how rich their friends are in real time. Sounds like a good psyops strategy against the NDP and probably goes a long way towards cementing the idea that Christy is an unstoppable juggernaut. It was a sound strategy for Hillary at least.

In FoodChat, I need to visit this restaurant the next time I'm in Vancouver: Vancouver Chef puts seal on the menu. I'm sure that chowing down on doe-eyed charismatic megafauna is a political act. Seals don't stink anywhere near as badly as sea lions so I might actually be able to get some down (with the right sauce).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Butcher posted:

The Beaverton (which is surprisingly legit good and funny for the most part) provides a timely followup to my "it's kinda nice poo poo isn't quite so bad here as it is there" post a few days ago.

Havnt a good chunk of posters here basically said the exact same thing? We use the horrible poo poo the US pulls to glaze over our own faults on a pretty regular basis. :(

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

cowofwar posted:

By dramatically improving the food at The Keg?

tagesschau
Sep 1, 2006
Guten Abend, meine Damen und Herren.

OSI bean dip posted:

quote:

:words:

I'm really starting to dislike this "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge" era.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol
https://twitter.com/allisonjones_cp/status/820785929975660544

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Oh man this is good. This is a good day.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Subjunctive posted:

By dramatically improving the food at The Keg?
By giving all Canadian first-time Keg customers a $40 gift certificate.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Please confirm for me that Michael Chong is the only conservative politician in Canada and perhaps all of North America that isn't a racist corporate whore and irredeemable rear end in a top hat, and whose proposed policies aren't the same neo-liberal, trickle down dog poo poo the party has been committed to since Mulrooney. He is an actual Progressive Conservative, right?
Also Leitch and O'Leary are aspiring Harper/Trumps, correct? Leitch most vocally.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Millions of Crows posted:

Please confirm for me that Michael Chong is the only conservative politician in Canada and perhaps all of North America that isn't a racist corporate whore and irredeemable rear end in a top hat, and whose proposed policies aren't the same neo-liberal, trickle down dog poo poo the party has been committed to since Mulrooney. He is an actual Progressive Conservative, right?
Also Leitch and O'Leary are aspiring Harper/Trumps, correct? Leitch most vocally.

His "economic opportunity" platform is literally a slightly more progressive version of the 2008 Liberal Party of Canada platform.

He's proposing a ~15 billion $/year carbon tax, with the money paying for personal and business tax cuts and direct transfers to low-income peeps. Compared to Dion's plan, the income tax cut is larger (but with a higher top rate), the corporate tax cut is a lot smaller (though starting from a lower base), and transfers to low-income are a lot higher.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 16, 2017

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
A thought out economic policy that doesn't gently caress over the poor and middle class is something i haven't seen from the fed conservatives ever.
Chong is too decent a person to win the conservative leadership, isn't he?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
How many Canadian did we send off to die to in Afghanistan in order to honour our NATO Article 5 treaty obligation to the United States? That same United States, incidentally, whose new President just informed the world that said treaty is now obsolete.

DynamicSloth fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 16, 2017

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Can anyone explain to me why OHIP does not cover basic dental services? I'm not even wondering about cosmetic poo poo like veneers or something, just something like checkups, fillings, root canals and extractions. Why is it that a basic health issue like this is not covered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Mad Hamish posted:

Can anyone explain to me why OHIP does not cover basic dental services? I'm not even wondering about cosmetic poo poo like veneers or something, just something like checkups, fillings, root canals and extractions. Why is it that a basic health issue like this is not covered?

Giving you free fillings, root canals and extractions would incentivize you to not brush and floss regularly. Personal hygiene and balanced diets are under the control of the individual and he must assume responsibility for wise and prudent use of health services. And because dentists are the worst.