Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Why is this written in the future tense? It keeps saying "he will claim" or "they will show" or "they will decide". I get what it's saying, but it's really weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

...y.... yes? :confused:
All I can say is that there is another reality where none of that is true and the residents of that reality just won the election.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Unemployment is down, but the jobs people are getting aren't the ones they want. The number isn't the end all be all and this is a big reason the last election went how it did.

It's still a bullshit cartoon but I wish the "this is fine"-ing about the unemployment number would get a little more nuanced.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Well, no reason to have a Most Easily Reinterpreted category in next year's Gay Abortions, Gorrell has it locked down.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

What is the message here, exactly? Is Uncle Sam's clothing a tell?

gently caress off Kirschen

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Is that meant to be Obama in the corner of Kirschen's cartoon? Genuinely asking because it took the second viewing for it to click that it could possibly be him.

Also why are they floating in green.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Gorrell. I think it was time to retire a long time ago.

Gorrell's first and only blog post on October 7, 2014 posted:

It has been a very hectic twenty years. After many distractions – some good, some bad, many of my own making – times have calmed and I’ve decided to refocus and more fully concentrate on my editorial cartooning and other creative efforts.

This new website design is one component of that. You’ll notice that there is no substantial archive of past cartoons included as I launch this revision. I want the sense of a clean slate going forward.

It feels good to start fresh. Everybody needs a “reset” once in a while, and perhaps this new beginning will motivate me to respect my craft and my work to an even greater degree than before.

We shall see . . .

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

What the gently caress am I looking at?

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Trump has hollowed out America and fashioned a crude canoe, and is making his way to meet Obama... who is singing about his policy successes... in a foxhole... across a eutrophic ocean, in France I guess?... and, uh...

hm.

A Severe Brain Trauma Cartoon.

the canoe is made of piss

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
This was Kamensky's New Year's cartoon

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

See it's good people are losing health care, because instead of crushing insurance costs they'll DIE when they get sick!

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

skipThings posted:

:stare:

He can actually get in trouble for this, right ?

"Maybe one of those second amendment people can take care of it?"

I'm just quoting our PEOTUS; that's all.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Isn't this like the third or fourth time Old Man Kirtch' has drawn the ocean green? Is he legit color blind?
My theory that he's still employed because no one is sure if they're allowed to fire him is strengthening with each offering. Either that, or the Jerusalem Post staff have lost his contact information decades ago, and they just don't know how to contact him to stop the flood of cartoons appearing daily in the mailbox.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Didn't you spend months at the drawing board to hone your Miley Cyrus caricature?

What is this "hair funny" garbage?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

FaradayCage posted:

Didn't you spend months at the drawing board to hone your Miley Cyrus caricature?

What is this "hair funny" garbage?
Drawing duck beaks is so firmly ingrained in Tinsley's muscle memory he uses the shape for everything.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
GOP before the ACA: Everybody needs to be a responsible adult and pay for their own healthcare!
GOP after the ACA: Why am I being forced to buy healthcare?!?!?!

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

"Just making sure there are no survivors "

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Cartoon Depicting Bush Being ‘Politically’ Assassinated Draws Secret Service Attention

The political attack on the president, based strictly on sheer political motivations, also is very disturbing.”

You can't get political about politics I guess :confused:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Artist made the first one or two thematically, visually clever, now everyone thinks the others have to be a visual metaphor too, despite being just generic things. A "Cow Tools" comic.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How exactly is a big blob of oil to represent a dependence on fossil fuels not thematic?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Fulchrum posted:

How exactly is a big blob of oil to represent a dependence on fossil fuels not thematic?
Okay, what I meant was that one and the far left one one. I should have phrased it better as it's not literally left to right.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pants Donkey posted:

See it's good people are losing health care, because instead of crushing insurance costs they'll DIE when they get sick!

Imagine the horror of being Canadian, though. You get really sick and you go to the hospital and you have to wait HOURS to be treated.

Then you get treated.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Jerusalem posted:

Imagine the horror of being Canadian, though. You get really sick and you go to the hospital and you have to wait HOURS to be treated.

Then you get treated.

AND get to keep your house!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

A little confusing. Either Dees changed his mind about the Donald again or he is trying to show that the Illuminati are mad Trump beat their rigged system. Did Trump say something about Israel recently?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I think... both? The mind of Dees is basically a time cube.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/820482303155666944

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Unemployment is down, but the jobs people are getting aren't the ones they want. The number isn't the end all be all and this is a big reason the last election went how it did.

It's still a bullshit cartoon but I wish the "this is fine"-ing about the unemployment number would get a little more nuanced.

You're right, but it's hard to resist snarking when the cartoon only says, "Duhhhh, Obama say thing good! Flurp derp poop"

Here's an interesting chart: the seasonally-adjusted employment-population ratio:

(https://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/srgate, series LNS12300000)

ratbert90 posted:

GOP before the ACA: Everybody needs to be a responsible adult and pay for their own healthcare!
GOP after the ACA: Why am I being forced to buy healthcare?!?!?!

What if I rationally decide I'd rather die than be insured? What if I want to drive a clunker? What if I just enjoy rolling around in my own filth all day?

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Cash for Clunkers, incidentally, annihilated the used car market, mostly used by, you guessed it, poorer people.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

CampingCarl posted:

A little confusing. Either Dees changed his mind about the Donald again or he is trying to show that the Illuminati are mad Trump beat their rigged system. Did Trump say something about Israel recently?

This is clearly showing the forces massing to destroy The Great White Hope

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Okay quick question

How much are those rent-a-protesters being paid in these folks' fevered imaginations

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
But why are there paid protesters if Trump is already in the pocket of Big Zio? :confused:

It's almost like the artist is legit asylum level insane!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Yeah that Dees is like super incoherent. It's basically the conspiracy theory version of writing yourself into a corner.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The paid protesters are there to make the public think he's not in the pockets of big Zion or whatever. It's wheels within wheels

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
According to all known laws of psychiatry, there is no way a Dees can get high. Their brain is already is psychotic overdrive as a consequence of life and drug induced euphoria would simply crash and burn into a stroke.

The Dees of course, gets high anyway, because Dees don't care what sheeple think.

Dees Movie

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I think... both? The mind of Dees is basically a time cube.
Yeah, from his other works there's a clear impression that he's firmly in the "perfidious jews controlling all news and government", so obviously they're controlling both Trump and the people protesting Trump in order to incite strife distract the foolish sheeple from the HAARP Agenda 21 chemtrail world domination mind control plot.

Schizophrenia is a hell of thing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Playstation 4 posted:

According to all known laws of psychiatry, there is no way a Dees can get high. Their brain is already is psychotic overdrive as a consequence of life and drug induced euphoria would simply crash and burn into a stroke.

The Dees of course, gets high anyway, because Dees don't care what sheeple think.

Dees Movie
So what you're saying is that

Dees Nuts.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

What's this one doing here? Are new years resolutions politicized now?

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Cat Mattress posted:

So what you're saying is that

Dees Nuts.

Benjamin Netanyahu Private Select Wallnuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS