Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

exploded mummy posted:

The parts of the 99 rumble with no one in the ring.

Just include all of the 99 Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris Benoits Miracle

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2004 ending with no winner was weird and never fully explained.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Was the part of 2011 where New Nexus prevented anyone interesting from staying in longer than 20 second in there already? And/or the tease to them feuding with the Corrrrrre which went absolutely nowhere?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

thats the best rumble ever

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
When Savage tries to pin Yokozua in 1993, if that's not already there.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The 97 rumble when Mil Mascaras eliminates himself.
It's even worse when you realize why he eliminated himself.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

idk how long ago 'a while' is but don't forget Bray eliminating Bryan in 2015 and the entirety of the 2014 Royal Rumble

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Probably not worthy of inclusion but I always have gotten a chuckle out of Titus O'Neil blowing his "fastest elimination" spot a few years ago.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Hogan/Sid isn't bad because of the elimination itself, but because the booking wants to you believe that Sid is the bad guy.

Considering Hogan tossed his "buddies" Savage in 89, Warrior in 90, and Tugboat in 91...Hogan getting tossed by his buddy Sid in the one Rumble that actually really mattered at that point (since it was for the Title) is just poetic justice.
Taken all together, it would be brilliant booking if not for Hogan's ego.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

For the record, here's what I had in the previous version of the list:

20. Godfather's entrance (2002)
19. Too many guest entrants (2012)
18. Winner curtain jerks WrestleMania (2011/2012)
17. Randy Savage "no-shows" a Rumble that needed the star power (1991)
16. Hornswoggle and Finlay's elimination (2008)
15. Chris Jericho loses (2012)
14. 2002's contrived entrance order
13. Alex Riley accidentally gets eliminated (2011)
12. The Heel Cole/Striker era of commentating (2010/2011)
11. Constant empty rings (1999)
10. Savage eliminating himself but not really (1992)
9. Jake Roberts teasing the DDT for years and the only time he hits it, it's not on camera (1996)
8. CM Punk's rear end video (2014)
7. New Nexus vs. The Corre (2011)
6. One-minute intervals (1995)
5. The Cena/Orton staredown (2011)
4. Hogan helps eliminate Sid (1992)
3. Everyone vs. Muhammad Hassan (2005)
2. Chris Nowinski's head trauma (2003)
1. 2014/2015

From last year's match I intend to include Brock vs. Wyatts being setup for a nothing "feud" and them trying so hard to make Roman tough after his beating that he ultimately looks like a wiener who decided to sit it out for a half hour. I might just make this a 30-entry thing instead.

TL posted:

Probably not worthy of inclusion but I always have gotten a chuckle out of Titus O'Neil blowing his "fastest elimination" spot a few years ago.

This one's even better knowing that it was originally going to go to Alex Riley.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Daniel Puder getting brutally hazed on live TV is probably worth a mention

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That moment in the 2006 Rumble where Matt Hardy got dry humped by Viscera.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mil Mascaras is actually one of the best Rumble moments of all time because one of the biggest stars of all time getting to do whatever he wanted is cool as hell.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Gonzo McFee posted:

That moment in the 2006 Rumble where Matt Hardy got dry humped by Viscera.

MassRafTer posted:

actually one of the best Rumble moments of all time because one of the biggest stars of all time getting to do whatever he wanted is cool as hell.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
BROTHER LEE

I KNEW YOU'D COME

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

BROTHER DADDY

I KNEW YOU'D COME

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Benne posted:

Daniel Puder getting brutally hazed on live TV is probably worth a mention

Yeah this would be a really good companion entry to the Muhammad Hassan thing.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Them constantly replaying Taka's awful bump.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Numero6 posted:

Them constantly replaying Taka's awful bump.

Worst moments, not greatest

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

jerry lawler demanding they can replay it over and over again so he can "watch the little chinese guy"

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
It still frustrates me that DiBiase was eliminated from the 92 Rumble mere seconds before Flair entered.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Didn't that bump destroy TAKA's shoulder? He was out for quite a while after that.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yahoo saying Snuka just died.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-superfly-snuka-has-passed-away-family-reports-201832708.html

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

He really will do anything to avoid standing trial.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

oatgan posted:

jerry lawler demanding they can replay it over and over again so he can "watch the little chinese guy"

That was Violent J.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

He really will do anything to avoid standing trial.

I wouldn't put it past him to be kayfabing us dumb rear end marks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

That was Violent J.

Rest in peace hghnhgghhg

Dammit I was thinking of Wicked J

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jan 16, 2017

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rusty Shackelford posted:

It still frustrates me that DiBiase was eliminated from the 92 Rumble mere seconds before Flair entered.

That does remind me of a cool way they built to the Rumble back then. During random matches on Superstars/Wrestling Challenge, they would show picture-in-picture of a different wrestler cutting a promo on the guy in the ring in regards to the Royal Rumble. Like instead of the usual, "I'm going to beat up 29 other men and be the winner!" it would be like Texas Tornado telling Roddy Piper to watch out because it's every man for himself.

They had Dibiase cut a promo like that during a Ric Flair match so naturally the one guy to call Flair out was the one guy who was never in the ring with him during the whole Rumble.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I am unfamiliar with the Taka bump being described and Youtube has not been of much help.

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

I am unfamiliar with the Taka bump being described and Youtube has not been of much help.

2000 Rumble at MSG, they originally booked a bunch of jobbers into it, and then changed their mind during the show and had like, all the dudes from the undercard do double duty and kicked out TAKA, Funaki, some other jobbers who kept running in upset they weren't allowed in the rumble. Gangrel (clearly not a jobber) tossed TAKA up the ramp and some say he bounced 30 feet that day. King just cackled the rest of the Rumble asking for a replay.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/taka-michinoku-gets-demolished-royal-rumble-2000

vv Same time.

Ktik fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 16, 2017

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

^^Same source too!^^

ChrisBTY posted:

Here you are.
http://www.wwe.com/videos/taka-michinoku-gets-demolished-royal-rumble-2000

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 16, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
With all the crazy bumps Taka took in WWE trying to get over, it's kind of amazing that he's still wrestling today.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Benne posted:

With all the crazy bumps Taka took in WWE trying to get over, it's kind of amazing that he's still wrestling today.

He's made of rubber

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Aubergine Mage posted:

He's made of rubber

How'd that happen?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

A couple other bad Rumble moments I remembered:

- That part in the 2014 Rumble where Kane is seen crouching around ringside, ruining the surprise of Punk's elimination.

- The original Royal Rumble at a St. Louis house show in 1987. Not only does the match sound like poo poo, but they hosed it up for the fans. They announced that the Rumble would be for a shot against Hogan at the next house show. Then during intermission, they told people to buy tickets to the next St. Louis house show to see the main event of Hulk Hogan vs. One Man Gang for the WWF Championship.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gavok posted:

A couple other bad Rumble moments I remembered:

- That part in the 2014 Rumble where Kane is seen crouching around ringside, ruining the surprise of Punk's elimination.

- The original Royal Rumble at a St. Louis house show in 1987. Not only does the match sound like poo poo, but they hosed it up for the fans. They announced that the Rumble would be for a shot against Hogan at the next house show. Then during intermission, they told people to buy tickets to the next St. Louis house show to see the main event of Hulk Hogan vs. One Man Gang for the WWF Championship.

they put Hulk Hogan vs. One Man Gang on a house show? Should've main-evented Wrestlemania imo

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
What's the actual chronology of the Tiger Driver? I've seen that move described three different ways:
1) Tiger Driver: I've never really seen much of Misawa as Tiger Mask II, but I always thought that the Tiger Suplex (double-underhook german suplex) was his finisher, not a Tiger Driver. I can't even find footage of Tiger Mask II doing it, unless I'm an idiot who hasn't looked hard enough. Did Misawa do a special piledriver as Tiger Mask that I've just never seen?
2) Tiger Driver '91: I've seen Misawa do this a million times, which is the double-underhook kneeling piledriver/ganso bomb. Is it named the Tiger Driver '91 because it also uses a double-underhook grip (albeit backwards from the Tiger Suplex, since your opponent is facing you), just like the Tiger Suplex?
2) Tiger Driver '98: Double-underhook sitout piledriver designed to, uh, murder people? Did Misawa ever use this move, or did someone else invent it to kill indie guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

How'd that happen?

He found out that you're made of glue.