Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

didn't consumer reports get like 14 hours on the new MacBook pro with touchbar? idk seems own age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Drop the price by like $1000 and maybe we have a deal

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

BiohazrD posted:

didn't consumer reports get like 14 hours on the new MacBook pro with touchbar? idk seems own age

wasn't it 3-14 hours or was that the non touchbar version

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BiohazrD posted:

4 hours though this was really a software issue

there was a safari bug that frequently caused unlimited reloading of icons

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

4 hours though this was really a software issue

there was a safari bug that frequently caused unlimited reloading of icons

That isn't really an excuse when the same company is supplying the software and the hardware.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Tankakern posted:

the xps 15 9550 with the 4k monitor finally got flicker free with the last bios update, so those of you who got that macbook replacer should update

for me that was the last xps 15 quality issue, so now the thing is working nicely

if you use bitlocker remember to have your recovery key handy. when you update the bios bitlocker breaks a fuse and wants the recovery key, your password ain't no good here

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

That isn't really an excuse when the same company is supplying the software and the hardware.

iirc it was a bug that occurred when you disabled safari's cache via the developer menu. consumer reports was testing the laptop with the safari's caches disabled. maybe they were trying to run it through its paces, but i dont see disabling caches as something a typical consumer would do.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

iirc it was a bug that occurred when you disabled safari's cache via the developer menu. consumer reports was testing the laptop with the safari's caches disabled. maybe they were trying to run it through its paces, but i dont see disabling caches as something a typical consumer would do.

they were testing a worst case using in accordance with a standardized methdology

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
"it's not a typical use case"

*shoves toothbrushes up his ears*

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
lol if you're not fully chip + pin in 2017

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
disabled cache is a dumb way to test especially for all day use. poo poo like Angular and React can be cached across websites if the CDN and version match.

Angular 2 is like 800 KB zipped. Nothing about that stuff is intended to be loaded new every page hit.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

C.H.O.M.E posted:

yeah that seems obvious

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Millstone posted:

i loving hate the chip and how much longer it takes than just swiping

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

akadajet posted:

Put your dick in the machine.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

akadajet posted:

actually, chips are good

the new/retrofitted terminals in the us are just trash

protip: insert the chip before the cashier is done ringing your poo poo up to save a little time

alternatively, use contactless/apple pay where you can, its very quick

if neither suggestions help:

Citizen Tayne posted:

Put your dick in the machine.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

akadajet posted:

Suck the cashier off

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Tankakern posted:

the xps 15 9550 with the 4k monitor finally got flicker free with the last bios update, so those of you who got that macbook replacer should update

for me that was the last xps 15 quality issue, so now the thing is working nicely

the 9560 is available now and has Kirby lake and a gtx 1050.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

akadajet posted:

have you tried contactless my man

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

wide stance posted:

disabled cache is a dumb way to test especially for all day use. poo poo like Angular and React can be cached across websites if the CDN and version match.

this is something that webdevs really like to pretend happens in the real world, but in practice it doesn't.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

have you tried contactless my man

hooray contactless credit cards, where someone with a small contactless pay terminal can literally just walk around in a crowded space like a subway car and charge everyone $20 without their knowledge.

at least with applepay you have to have your finger on the home button for it to work.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

apple pay is the light

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Doc Block posted:

hooray contactless credit cards, where someone with a small contactless pay terminal can literally just walk around in a crowded space like a subway car and charge everyone $20 without their knowledge.

lol they don't work that way, but good job convincing your wife that's how the $20 charges for "m4mHJs, LLC" got there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Doc Block posted:

at least with applepay you have to have your finger on the home button for it to work.

idk don't go near public spaces? get one of those super sekret spy wallets that protects against rfid??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lol they don't work that way, but good job convincing your wife that's how the $20 charges for "m4mHJs, LLC" got there

ahahahaha

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Doc Block posted:

you should try getting your opinions from somewhere other than viral Facebook posts probably

or just get a tinfoil wallet, whichever is most needs suiting for you

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
out of all the places on the internet it was yospos where I got yelled at for saying contactless is good lmao

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Millstone posted:

i haven't carried cash for 6 months or so. contactless when it's available, chip+pin when it isn't.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Doc Block posted:

im the nonexistent payment processor that would let someone do this forever and fight the disputes on their behalf

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

they were testing a worst case

how did they know your posting style?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i just got the newish iphone its pretty good

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im envious. looks mean

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

exploded mummy posted:

they were testing a worst case using in accordance with a standardized methdology

yes but you will still never actually run into that bug in normal web browsing.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

akadajet posted:

it works fine in every country outside of america

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Rex-Goliath posted:

apple pay is the light

Sniep posted:

yeah i finally returned to my murdered out style iphone and it is good and smooth

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
iirc you can't charge a card with your contactless hack job thing, but you can still steal card details. which is p bad

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Ocrassus posted:

iirc you can't charge a card with your contactless hack job thing, but you can still steal card details. which is p bad

especially since cvv codes can be brute forced

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
its really annoying how many merchants disable contactless

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Doc Block posted:

source your quotes

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Sniep posted:

it's too big and i hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Doc Block posted:

your actually holding it wrong

• Locked thread