Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

Prompto regrets demanding they stop at that Taco Bell.

I don't think we're interpreting that picture the same way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

please explain both

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Davincie posted:

anyone know of a more masculine woman in anime than this?

that isn't like, a joke character

Although I guess she's more just really muscular than masculine

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Oh yeah, the lady in G-Reco that Dogsicle thought was just a buff dude with really big pecs.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the main theme of evangelion on the n64 is literally just cruel angel's thesis in sm64 soundfont

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-5ZljD60g

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

also every time Prompto takes a picture of Noct riding a chocobo he takes a butt shot instead of a normal photo

Whenever Cor shows up half the pictures are of him without fail

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

the main theme of evangelion on the n64 is literally just cruel angel's thesis in sm64 soundfont

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh-5ZljD60g

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pmQypqxPuY

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Goldmine

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

anyone know of a more masculine woman in anime than this?

that isn't like, a joke character

Well, she's not actually masculine, just buff as hell but she's cool so i'm posting her anyway.

Chiyoko from the Akira manga

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

super mario 69, cumming holiday 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

quote:

1980 meeting of the most famous “anime club” on the east coast, New York’s Cartoon/Fantasy Organization, which met in the basement of the Polish Democratic Club.
VHS tapes weren’t even translated, and had no captions. Tapes weren’t even sold, they were traded.
The heavyset man to the left of the bottom image is James Kaposztas, a famous early anime fan who, come the 2000s, invented the concept of the “anime music video.”

I looked up that last bit and found this:

"The first known AMV was created in 1982 by Jim Kaposztas. He hooked up two VCR players to each other, edited a very violent scene from Space Battleship Yamato , A.K.A Star Blazers , and played the Beatles’ “All You Need Is Love” at the same time as the anime clips. No known recording of this first AMV is known to exist on the Internet."

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

a kitten posted:

I looked up that last bit and found this:

"The first known AMV was created in 1982 by Jim Kaposztas. He hooked up two VCR players to each other, edited a very violent scene from Space Battleship Yamato , A.K.A Star Blazers , and played the Beatles’ “All You Need Is Love” at the same time as the anime clips. No known recording of this first AMV is known to exist on the Internet."

It always comes back to Yamato in the end

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

The Colonel posted:

evangelion on the n64

I emulated it once. The first two stages make you think it's a fighting game, and then you have the beam duel. The Jet Alone stage was the worst (just mashing bullshit), and then stuff got more varied from there. Rhythm game for the gemini angel of course. Don't think I ever finished it, nor got frustrated enough to start rolling my own PAR codes. It does absolutely nail all the major fights though, and you can do them the canon way most of the time but I don't think you're forced to. I'm pretty sure I got stuck on the lava dive forever and then forgot I was playing it entirely.

I'm not sure it's worthwhile without a bomber or sixer on hand.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Red Minjo posted:

Gashi-Gashi is cool

:yeah:

*points to former Av*

Wark Say posted:

The Welcome to the NHK dub has not aged well, though its unintentional hilarity is appreciated.

Some of the Side Characters are rough, and Yamazaki's shrill voice can definitely get grating (though I'm fine with it). Misaki's Voice is actually good, but she doesn't have great Voice Direction, so many of her bits will feel off at times. However Chris Patton as Satou is legitimately very good, and probably one of my favorite dub characters of all time (and I'm not just saying that because I liked WttNHK).

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I raise you one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmHDfsJHqXQ

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Oh yeah, the lady in G-Reco that Dogsicle thought was just a buff dude with really big pecs.

gah

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but also,

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well, time to watch g-reco

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

dogsicle posted:

but also,

She seems cool.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

the best carriers. I want to give Katsuragi my spare catapult. in a non-euphemism way

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

well, time to watch g-reco

It's a good show.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The Flip Flapping has ended, and I am happy.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm not totally satisfied with beating god hand using roulettes and the god hand as a crutch, but it's a good game

guess i'll just have to work my way closer towards a full kms run every time i replay it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there's basically nothing on love & destroy on the net outside of a single 13 post long thread on a retro shmup forum where someone posted an art scan from the manual

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The Colonel posted:

there's basically nothing on love & destroy on the net outside of a single 13 post long thread on a retro shmup forum where someone posted an art scan from the manual

There's a complete(?) let's play of it on niconico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm925837

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

z0glin Warchief posted:

There's a complete(?) let's play of it on niconico: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm925837

oh poo poo, that's cool. maybe this will help figure out what the ending conditions are and how to use the hi-cannon in the final boss stage

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
cute, it's masakazu katsura.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
X

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I always wanted a pan pipes version of this

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

The Colonel posted:

quote:

What prompted you to introduce sexuality into your games in the first place?
During the development of a certain PS3 title, which I was involved in before Senran Kagura or Ikkitousen, I was thinking how we could make the game's boss battles more impactful, and I simply thought that I would be very happy if an extremely attractive lady showed up once you destroyed the boss's armor. I apologize if this comes off as a "guys' point of view."

He's absolutely right.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

tahts me

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

:worship::bisonyes::vince:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The "blade" in Xenoblade 2 transforms into a girl. :laugh:

Also there's a bath scene with the female characters. Because every anime needs one of those scenes. Why the developers felt like this was important to show right away I have no idea.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's a selling point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread