Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

kiwifarms is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

wait, did a starwar betamax get banned what this story is getting weirder by the moment

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

the escape goat posted:

wait, did a starwar betamax get banned what this story is getting weirder by the moment

No his only posts over there have been to point out that they're weird and there's almost literally no humor in the thread focused on SA and it's just posting people's addresses and #s or other people salivating over that

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Did Grover actually finish his house or did he get run off the forums before that?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Aesop Poprock posted:

He specifically used the site Kiwi Farms which is currently doxxing all of our mods/admins/trans people as an example of a good content creator because of the stuff they were doing regarding Shmorky and said words like tranny etc that are currently probatable would no longer be so and he stopped two mods/admins from closing the shmorky thread despite it turning into a bloated unfunny nightmare. In my opinion.

Basically the main site admins and most of the mods rebelled and black baby goku destroyed the thread with longcat and uh this is still pretty fresh I'm not even sure how much I'm allowed to talk about this if at all. I'm sure the narrative will change as things evolve that's just how I've seen it so far, it's been an insane mess and I'm not really sure what to make of it

he took a good photoshop from them and said 'hey do more funny stuff like this' and everyone on the spectrum misinterpreted it as 'tranny human being death'

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Robot Randy posted:

he took a good photoshop from them and said 'hey do more funny stuff like this' and everyone on the spectrum misinterpreted it as 'tranny human being death'

That photoshop was a photoshop from a 9gag thread that was totally unrelated and then they posted shmorkys face on it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

all the photoshops were bad, the piss christ shmorky one especially

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think Sid is actually kind of endearing and shouldn't be banned but people were raving over his photoshops in that thread and they were beyond terrible. Even the decently executed ones weren't good because there wasn't any humor behind them. "Shmorky likes poop and piss" has been a joke here since like 2009 and that was literally all it was except for trans discussions

Did you guys know barnacle jim has a long face. Let's make a thread where it's 250 pages of that but 2/3 of it is arguing about if it's bad to have a long face

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't think you really like these forums all that much, Aesop.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I love these forums but I don't like all the times people blindly band around something that is objectively bad just because the admins or owner of the site promote them. That's what this thread tends to make fun of actually

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Aesop Poprock posted:

Did you guys know barnacle jim has a long face. Let's make a thread where it's 250 pages of that but 2/3 of it is arguing about if it's bad to have a long face

It would be terrible because you are legally mandated to read every post made in every thread.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

It would be terrible because you are legally mandated to read every post made in every thread.

Thank god this is the thread where we celebrate good threads and mock bad ones or else it might seem like I'm out of my element

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Aesop Poprock posted:

objectively bad

Oh, good to know

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Code Jockey posted:

Oh, good to know

If you can read all 230 whatever pages of the "are trans people mentally ill? Here's ms paint of a poop diaper" thread and tell me it's good then I guess it's more of a subjective opinion but I would probably think you're dumb

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Aesop Poprock posted:

Thank god this is the thread where we celebrate good threads and mock bad ones or else it might seem like I'm out of my element

You are the one dragging bad thread drama into the good thread archive like it somehow affects everybody and not just you, who consciously chooses to participate in it.

You are the source of your own problems.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hello from the klurf Shmorkee
I get off on poop and pee

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

You are the one dragging bad thread drama into the good thread archive like it somehow affects everybody and not just you, who consciously chooses to participate in it.

You are the source of your own problems.

This thread has been equally focused on good and bad threads since it started and we're in one of the weirdest ongoing sagas in SA history right now but ok, dude who's mostly only posted about mod drama in this thread

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

yeah, he's a butthurt tard

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Robot Randy posted:

Possibly cos he also said "Hey it would be great if u guys could say tranny again cos that would make u funny". i think that was why it got interpreted that way?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

slinkimalinki posted:

Possibly cos he also said "Hey it would be great if u guys could say tranny again cos that would make u funny". i think that was why it got interpreted that way?

He didn't even kind of say that. He made a clear distinction between using words in a hateful manner vs. making a joke. Calling someone a god drat retard for, say, their opinions on the Nintendo Switch is not in the same class of speech as advocating that disabled people be sterilized but one of those would get a probation whereas the other is a position someone could take in a lovely argument and say lovely things that have direct consequences for disabled people. Calling someone a retard over video game arguments is inconsequential even if it is distasteful.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Heath posted:

He didn't even kind of say that. He made a clear distinction between using words in a hateful manner vs. making a joke. Calling someone a god drat retard for, say, their opinions on the Nintendo Switch is not in the same class of speech as advocating that disabled people be sterilized but one of those would get a probation whereas the other is a position someone could take in a lovely argument and say lovely things that have direct consequences for disabled people. Calling someone a retard over video game arguments is inconsequential even if it is distasteful.

yeah, but many goons in d&d and pyf hate lowtax and want to show him in a bad light

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

The Saddest Rhino posted:

kiwifarms is bad

Kiwifarms posted:

tell us more about swatting so we can swat goons.
:yikes:

Heath posted:

He even gave a very clear examples. I thought it was kind of obvious what he meant, that it's okay to just casually say dumb poo poo but not okay to directly target users with words specifically meant to demean or hurt them.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah, but many goons in d&d and pyf hate lowtax and want to show him in a bad light
new things and content scare me; years from now, when I can look at the events of the last few weeks in a tidy, itemized list carefully compiled and removed from human drama and action, I will find them funny. for now, I feel threatened

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Aesop Poprock posted:

and black baby goku destroyed the thread with longcat

Every terrible thread should be destroyed with an old meme that doesn't hurt anyone (except maybe your scroll wheel finger).

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Hello from the klurf Shmorkee
I get off on poop and pee

Thanks for summarizing at least 50% of that situation?

Nuebot posted:

:yikes:

He even gave a very clear examples. I thought it was kind of obvious what he meant, that it's okay to just casually say dumb poo poo but not okay to directly target users with words specifically meant to demean or hurt them.

(Not coming down on you at all, Nuebot, just replying to this in general) Some folks feel saying dumb poo poo casually is inappropriate too, that the word itself is demeaning even when there's no context to a specific person. The issue is when one says "hey, don't use that language, it's offensive" and the response is "OMG CENSORSHIP" especially when most of the words in question are slurs to marginalized groups of people.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

The issue is when one says "hey, don't use that language, it's offensive" and the response is "OMG CENSORSHIP" especially when most of the words in question are slurs to marginalized groups of people.

I definitely agree on that point. I think moderating people just for using a word is extreme and I'm not a fan of it personally, but on the other hand I know people won't stop when asked to and will, most likely, go out of their way to call the asker that word.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is why everybody hates PYF

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

This is why everybody hates PYF

Don't sign your posts

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Thanks for summarizing at least 50% of that situation?
I can't remember the rest of the song

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah, he's a butthurt tard

Watching you get progressively whinier in the GBS thread as things started to not go your way was one of the best parts of it

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think history is a pretty good indicator that Lowtax is pretty bad at running a comedy website.

I don't think anyone is, to be fair to him though.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lowtax is just comically unlucky as he stumbles through life as the straight man who constantly attracts completely insane people resulting in wacky weekly hijinx

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

I think history is a pretty good indicator that Lowtax is pretty bad at running a comedy website.

I don't think anyone is, to be fair to him though.

Clickhole is pretty good, probably because their (and the Onions) writers are semi anonymous and don't really interact with their readers

Lowtax is also good he just responds to every single person who mentions him or SA and he's exhausting himself to death

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Aesop Poprock posted:

Clickhole is pretty good, probably because their (and the Onions) writers are semi anonymous and don't really interact with their readers

Lowtax is also good he just responds to every single person who mentions him or SA and he's exhausting himself to death

lol

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Lowtax empty quoted me once and I screenshotted it, and I treasure that moment and that screenshot even to this day.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
A quote..big deal. He changed my av + custom title once. I got the sweet "banned by lowtax" one.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
I messaged Lowtax in 2000 on ICQ. I was thirteen. Lowtax is my friend.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I sucked him off in a shed

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jenner was a really bad poster(really, really bad) but I still don't think she deserved to be permad for a joke that Lowtax didn't understand. I mean she probably would've melted down and been permad anyway but

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

Jenner was a really bad poster(really, really bad) but I still don't think she deserved to be permad for a joke that Lowtax didn't understand. I mean she probably would've melted down and been permad anyway but

She probably should've at least been banned and probated for like a week though cause she was making a billion qcs threads about the same thing and working herself into a paranoid froth about the people who were actively refusing to doxx her on the Kiwi site. She was losing her poo poo so even if she wasn't a troll she probably needed a loving break from spazzing out for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

She probably should've at least been banned and probated for like a week though cause she was making a billion qcs threads about the same thing and working herself into a paranoid froth about the people who were actively refusing to doxx her on the Kiwi site. She was losing her poo poo so even if she wasn't a troll she probably needed a loving break from spazzing out for a while
basically prodromal schizophrenia, if you will