Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

There's a SS3 in the works :D

Oh god I know and I am so hyped for it, same goes for the Shock 1 remake going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blockhouse posted:

I'm pretty sure Dr. Salvador isn't even a real doctor

He's a tree surgeon! :eng101:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

I'm pretty sure Dr. Salvador isn't even a real doctor
gently caress you, he didn't spend both years and hundreds of thousands of pesetas for you to question his legitimacy as a medical professional.

Look just because he uses some unorthodox tools does NOT mean he isn't a real doctor.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ooh look at these fancy folks here using a scal-pell for surgery. In the old country we have one tool. It cuts down trees, it opens up people, we don't just make a new tool for every new job, we use what we know works :colbert:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm actually perfectly fine with Dead Space 3 pushing into straight-up action, because there wasn't a lot left to be scared of. Isaac knows how Necromorphs work and how to stop them as much as the player does, so it just becomes contrived forcing him into another rapidly-infecting ship and expecting Isaac to be afraid of it all for a third time. Stomping in prepared with weapons he's crafted to murder the poo poo out of Necromorphs makes a whole lot more sense.

They should've focused more on the body horror aspect, the necromorphs in 3 were supposed to have been undisturbed for hundreds of years so they could've gone all-out on their mutations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dead Space was never really scary to me so I never got the huge gripe of them getting progressively less so myself :v:

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Lifeglug posted:

Oh god I know and I am so hyped for it, same goes for the Shock 1 remake going on.

Oh man, they got the actual real life Terri Brosius back for the voice? I'm there day 1.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

You should absolutely play Obscure (and its sequel) 'cause it has the same kind of vibe as Until Dawn, it just plays different. It also has local co-op so that's pretty great.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

ravenkult posted:

You should absolutely play Obscure (and its sequel)

Do not believe this man. Obscure 1 is decent but clunky and actually tries some interesting stuff with it's team mechanics and item combinations. Obscure 2 is just amazingly awful in pretty much every way, there's a retsupurae of it I'd recommend way before actually playing it.

Speaking of Obscure, anybody else ever play Final Exam? It was on Xbox Live Arcade, it's supposed to be the third game in the franchise and tie into the other two, except they went really cartoony and made it a side scrolling brawler; They don't really talk about the other games in it but there's a character from the other two Obscure games who's plot important in it and uses her special ability (filtering plant spores with her lungs, don't ask) to help you, so it's clearly the same character.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

scuba school sucks posted:

Oh man, they got the actual real life Terri Brosius back for the voice? I'm there day 1.

Night Dive are also remaking the original System Shock as well. There is a demo on GoG.com and, I think, Steam.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah, Obscure 1 is okay solo and a loving great game co-op, Obscure 2 is just loving awful and tries to get super ~edgy~ with it's subject matter.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Danaru posted:

Yeah, Obscure 1 is okay solo and a loving great game co-op, Obscure 2 is just loving awful and tries to get super ~edgy~ with it's subject matter.

Isn't 2 the one with the incest angle.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

exploded mummy posted:

To put it lightly, yes

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

exploded mummy posted:

Sold.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
swery65 already back into game development with a new studio called white owls after 'retiring'

d4 had white owls

don't hold your breath for a sequel

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Dead Space was never really scary to me so I never got the huge gripe of them getting progressively less so myself :v:

Dead space to me had good scary atmosphere.. outside of combat, I remember being really creeper out by the medical wing before enemies showed up and my brain kicked into shooting mode.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The raptor things in DS2 freaked the gently caress out of me until I figured out how easy it was to game their AI.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Relin posted:

swery65 already back into game development with a new studio called white owls after 'retiring'

Swery is the coolest+kindest guy and this makes me real happy.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

For real. Is his cat murder-mystery gonna be translated into English? cuz I wanna read that poo poo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Until Dawn is really fun y'all

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yardbomb posted:

Swery is a genuine artist and I love his stuff and wish him the best.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So Swery is like Cher and will never actually retire? Please God

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

What was the final verdict on The Evil Within? I know it wasn't great but $10 good? The rental store next door is trying to get rid of their copies and I'm tempted to grab it

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Len posted:

What was the final verdict on The Evil Within? I know it wasn't great but $10 good? The rental store next door is trying to get rid of their copies and I'm tempted to grab it

For 10 bucks it's worth it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Len posted:

It's a cut-rate RE4, not great but definitely worth 10 bucks

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Len posted:

Frustrating at parts and the storyline wasn't all that great, but for that price there should be plenty of fun to be had with the game. It's generally pretty much RE4 mixed wih TLOU gameplay wise. Neat visuals too, I though the game was really pretty.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So this seems unique and it's not low budget

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017/01/perception_pits_your_senses_against_a_dark_presence_on_ps4

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Len posted:

It's a good deal at $10. You'd be a fool not to get it. A FOOL!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Interesting idea, I would like them to take it one step further and have it be true echolocation, having to listen for echoes. Obviously it would be exaggerated, but straining your ears while feeling your way along the wall would be creepy as hell.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
$10 is about the point where full-price games are worth it more often than not. As much as I disliked The Evil Within, $10 is definitely the point where your time is the being wasted more than your money.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Interesting idea, I would like them to take it one step further and have it be true echolocation, having to listen for echoes. Obviously it would be exaggerated, but straining your ears while feeling your way along the wall would be creepy as hell.

VR with headphones and gloves that vibrate when you're touching a virtual surface.

Piss Witch
Oct 23, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's a cut-rate RE4, not great but definitely worth 10 bucks

Whilst a cut-rate RE4, it's still superior to 5 and 6, in my opinion.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lifeglug posted:

Whilst a cut-rate RE4, it's still superior to 5 and 6, in my opinion.

Six, yes, five, ehh. At least five's plot wasn't as dumb and it didn't have as many "waste all your ammo on intentionally unwinnable bossfights" sections, which were the real drawbacks.

chitoryu12 posted:

VR with headphones and gloves that vibrate when you're touching a virtual surface.

I was trying to think how you would communicate surfaces, something like this would be pretty awesome.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

5 is only worth it for the co-op, which was enjoyable.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I was so hyped in the first act of Evil Within. There was a lot of sneaking, disarming traps, a real sense of dread because you were in serious trouble if you alerted too many hellraiser zombies to your position. I think the eventual transition to full action wouldn't have been so bad if it felt any good. It really doesn't. Then again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ_FNlSN1Iw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

s.i.r.e. posted:

5 is only worth it for the co-op, which was enjoyable.

Co-op almost always makes games way more entertaining.

5 was better than 6 though.

At least 7 looks good.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Improbable Lobster posted:

Co-op almost always makes games way more entertaining.

5 was better than 6 though.

At least 7 looks good.

Yeah, the co-op in 6 couldn't save it, it was boring from start to finish outside of the old school part with Leon (I think it was Leon?)

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

As a reminder if you liked the evil within at least a little bit, the dlc is seriously much better than just about anything in the vanilla game.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I haven't played The Evil Within beyond the intro but I like the game from afar. The atmosphere is either neat, like the mansion, or reminiscent of RE4's best action scenes. I can see the roughness in the videos alone including some guy who just chases and murders you. But I also enjoyed Shadows of the Damned which seems to share a lot of similar gameplay elements with TEW including invincible one-hit-kill enemy and a strange hybrid of slow paced puzzle-like action with balls-to-the-wall "WHY ISN'T THERE MORE AMMO?!" nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

al-azad posted:

I haven't played The Evil Within beyond the intro but I like the game from afar. The atmosphere is either neat, like the mansion, or reminiscent of RE4's best action scenes. I can see the roughness in the videos alone including some guy who just chases and murders you. But I also enjoyed Shadows of the Damned which seems to share a lot of similar gameplay elements with TEW including invincible one-hit-kill enemy and a strange hybrid of slow paced puzzle-like action with balls-to-the-wall "WHY ISN'T THERE MORE AMMO?!" nonsense.

Keep in mind that the gameplay gets really different from the intro. Much like Resident Evil 4, you'll end up finishing the game with a lot more combat and often plenty of ammo to take care of business; it's nowhere near RE4's 100-round shotgun upgrade, but you won't be hurting too bad after a while.