Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I sleep safe in the knowledge that if ever the Men with Guns knock on my door I can always board my Cutlass and head off to Galt's Hex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

The Titanic posted:

It's like the immersion animations. Sure it's cool two or three times, but after that if it takes longer than 1 second you're mashing the button to skip them.

I've been replaying Far Cry 4 and am so loving bored of seeing the animations for skinning an animal and looting bodies. They only last a second but if there was a dlc that removed them I'd be all over it.

Actually...I've got an idea for star citizen to generate revenue after release*

*will never be released

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

I think you can turn off loot anims in FC4. There is an option for it somewhere.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

alphabettitouretti posted:

I've been replaying Far Cry 4 and am so loving bored of seeing the animations for skinning an animal and looting bodies. They only last a second but if there was a dlc that removed them I'd be all over it.

Actually...I've got an idea for star citizen to generate revenue after release*

*will never be released

See this is what I mean by being threatened by Star Citizen.

You literally couldn't help yourself on adding that last line. Like its just this constant insecure reassurance to yourself.

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate
Star hamster

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Slow_Moe posted:

I think you can turn off loot anims in FC4. There is an option for it somewhere.

You can in Primal for sure and I'm almost positive four has the option.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Thanks to those who recommended Outer Rim. It's a lot of fun.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Death of a Spaceman

loving spaceman

"Noooo! Not my spaceman!" :ohdear:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman the picture for this is a guy t-posing :discourse: They need to f off with this poo poo

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

You can in Primal for sure and I'm almost positive four has the option.

Thank gently caress for that.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"This Grim Hex... yes, you might say it's a very grim place, funny how the name organically formed like that, what a non-forced coincidence.

In fact, you might say this Grim Hex is a veritable hive of scum and villainy... heh, get the reference?"

:commissar:

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Happy Martin Luther King day to everyone. Hopefully you are in a not garbage state/Europe. I will be attempting to avoid all of the horrible people celebrating Robert E. Lee's birthday (an official state holiday combined with MLK day that has been celebrated since the 1800's).

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

See this is what I mean by being threatened by Star Citizen.

You literally couldn't help yourself on adding that last line. Like its just this constant insecure reassurance to yourself.

That last line is simply a standing joke in this thread. Lurk more.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
What is funny about it? If everyone does it enough it becomes a "joke"?

Its a nervous laugh at best trying to pass off fear.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Star Citizen is totally coming out, guys

We just don't know what year :gary:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What's funny is either A) how this game is never coming out or B) how it will fail to live up to its own expectations

See you in the 'verse!

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm having pizza for lunch**

**Not really I'm skipping lunch today

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA am I doing the standing joke right?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
All these other space games, the people, the ships, they look good.

Star Citizen does not look good. I call Jax McCleary and his lovely Top Gear ripoff to the witness stand.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
TrustmeImLegit, this gimmik sure isn't funny so I hope you've got a great payoff planned

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

TrustmeImLegit, this gimmik sure isn't funny so I hope you've got a great payoff planned

Excuse me if I don't take your word on what is and isn't funny.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

nice meltdown

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Surfacedetail show us your hairy balls*

*please don't

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TrustmeImLegit posted:

What is funny about it? If everyone does it enough it becomes a "joke"?

Its a nervous laugh at best trying to pass off fear.

This gimmick is possibly worse than Arf's.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What SC fans CIG employees don't realize is that joining our forum merely stokes the fire

Your only winning move is not to play

Which for them is a happy coincidence, considering the state of the game they're shilling for. :tipshat:

Peter Schilling didn't shill this hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-R5hj_lWM

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Hello commando, how much have you spent on this joke so far?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lol, just lol at the idea of the amount of unfinished work at CIG and someone thinks a better use of their time is to argue on an internet forum since they can't play it and there's no work actually being done on it. Employee or backer, these are always too funny, and very telling about the psychological state of the true believers.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

That's really bizarre. What's the penalty for death in that game?

You loose the ship, all cargo on board all installed modules and sensor data discovered with it. You then have to choose to either pay (with in game credits) a % premium based on the value of the ship to get it back "as is" minus some exclusive modules or dont pay and get back a starter ship if this was your last ship. Cargo and sensor data are always lost and never insured. The insurance premium is all or nothing, you cant negotiate for just the hull or just the modules.

Its a slap on the wrist when your begining and dont have a big ship (your premium will cost you less than one mission (about 5-10 minutes of gameplay) payoff) but can cost you a fortune (think 10 hours of constant cargo hauling on the best traderoutes) when you lose an end game, fully pimped out autism chariot. The game never leave you without a mean to make money, even if its slow, low paying courrier jobs.

As for the "Elite players are Carebear and had to have a solo mode". This was what was pitched back in the original funding rounds. The concept for E:D was just that:An up to date version of Elite, a solo game. It grew into a Hybrid MMO but Frontier got a lot of flack for it from some backers, thus the compromise of "solo play" was born.

aleksendr fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 16, 2017

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

cool new Polack jokes posted:

What SC fans CIG employees don't realize is that joining our forum merely stokes the fire

Your only winning move is not to play

Which for them is a happy coincidence, considering the state of the game they're shilling for. :tipshat:

Peter Schilling didn't shill this hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-R5hj_lWM

I'm just a fan honestly. Plus I plan on being a big time pirate and this is an infamously pvp friendly forum/org. Its not just goons who think B'tak is ridiculous.

Nonconsentual is the best form of pvp.

TrustmeImLegit fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 16, 2017

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

aleksendr posted:

The insurance premium is all or nothing, you cant negotiate for just the hull or just the modules.

Are you sure about this part? I'm almost positive I remember having sliders when determining my replacement ship after a death where I could forego replacing certain modules to get the replacement cost down.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Slow_Moe posted:

Hello commando, how much have you spent on this joke so far?

Ask your dad.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Ask your dad.

gently caress you dad, you're not even my real mom!

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Everything new I find out about this game's piece's of crap design and dreams makes me even happier I got out.

If you have put money in this scam, I suggest you start the process for a refund ASAP.

"I am no longer supporting this retarded project, which chases dreams, while still being in unimpressive pre-alpha and can't possibly ever be released " and it is so much better than "well, it's not there yet, but they are trying and I hope in the end it won't suck like it currently does".

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/821030391737946117

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

TrustmeImLegit posted:

I'm just a fan honestly. Plus I plan on being a big time pirate and this is an infamously pvp friendly forum/org. Its not just goons who think B'tak is ridiculous.

Nonconsentual is the best form of pvp.

You know when you put it like that. Sounds weird.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

No one has mentioned yet that Croberts wanted that an NPC will treat your character like a hobo if you character did not take a bath because he wants to justify the showers in the ship. And you should have manners when talking to an NPC by that you should not look away if the npc is talking because they have feelings.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Ayn Marx posted:

Truth be told that was the first ArfJason post here I enjoyed :v

I'm glad that ArfJason is enjoying reading this thread. I just wish he'd stop doxxing people.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

nintendo switch exclusive

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

Are you sure about this part? I'm almost positive I remember having sliders when determining my replacement ship after a death where I could forego replacing certain modules to get the replacement cost down.

Its absolutely possible i'm wrong. Its been a long time since i lost a ship in E:D (i mostly do trucking or run the void in E:D and go in Arena when i feel the mood for PvP) so the death mechanism might have been modified in a later patch. If thats the case then its just better.

The important idea is that the death penality in Elite is proportional to the wealth you choose to put in risk on the mission, allowing player agenda on the risk vs reward mechanics.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

AbstractNapper posted:

Everything new I find out about this game's piece's of crap design and dreams makes me even happier I got out.

If you have put money in this scam, I suggest you start the process for a refund ASAP.

"I am no longer supporting this retarded project, which chases dreams, while still being in unimpressive pre-alpha and can't possibly ever be released " and it is so much better than "well, it's not there yet, but they are trying and I hope in the end it won't suck like it currently does".

This will convince people and is totally not just a snide desperate attempt at validation of your refund.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

mike12345 posted:

nintendo switch exclusive

You use the joycons to wave your hands around while speaking. It's the most fidelitous control system ever conceived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe I'm just being sceptic, but I very much doubt that will happen.

taxxe:

Slow_Moe fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jan 16, 2017