Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Aw :(

Well it was cool anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Party Boat posted:

Paul Robertson does a lot of pixel art stuff for Adult Swim so it's probably just a season 3 teaser.

I love his work.

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
This amazing illustration surfaced over the last day or two by Taylor Rose (@RoseMakesArt)

Edit: also this one, artist unknown:

Anony Mouse fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 9, 2017

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wow, big news guys, Entertainment Weekly just reported that Rick and Morty is canceled so they could focus on a spinoff about Beancounter.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Snooze Cruise posted:

Wow, big news guys, Entertainment Weekly just reported that Rick and Morty is canceled so they could focus on a spinoff about Beancounter.

drat, I was hoping for a Fake Doors spinoff.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Snooze Cruise posted:

This just in, the new GRRM novel is out!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Anony Mouse posted:

This amazing illustration surfaced over the last day or two by Taylor Rose (@RoseMakesArt)

There are a TON of details in this image.

Do you think Morty is looking at the curvy piece of wood to which he masturbated?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

It's interesting how without the ship overhead and R&M standing in the foreground, this is a pretty standard stoner doom metal album cover.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
someone compiled some more R&M fanart on imgur, they're pretty good

etc: http://imgur.com/gallery/IFAT1

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

GORDON posted:

There are a TON of details in this image.

Do you think Morty is looking at the curvy piece of wood to which he masturbated?

That's a good catch, and yes now that you've pointed that out I do think that (the wood even has a little heart on it).

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

starkebn posted:

Looks like a lot (all?) of these come from a gallery in LA that's doing a R&M showing thing this month.

http://nineteeneightyeight.com/collections/rick-and-morty

Too bad most of the prints are sold out, I really like the crash landing one.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 16, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The new season starts soon, right? The OP didn't have any dates for it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Drifter posted:

The new season starts soon, right? The OP didn't have any dates for it.

Apparently no-one knows anything.

https://twitter.com/JustinRoiland/status/820505886875488256

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Adult Swim aired Auto Erotic Asphixiation and Total Rickall last night, and are moving ahead 4 episodes a week, so my guess would be no sooner than Jan. 29. Almost certainly later unless they're pulling some "no announcement" gimmick.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'll post a new thread when I loving know the date, how about that

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

starkebn posted:

Goddamn these are fuckin' great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish I knew that Ricks Must Be Crazy print was for sale. I woulda bought the holy gently caress outta that. :(

The Morty Fart one is kinda cool, but Morty looks too much like a lil baby.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Starting to put together a Rick costume for Halloween/cosplay purposes. Any recommendations on where to get a good portal gun? This is pretty amazing, although it's also ridiculously expensive (and sold out).

Hot Topic also has a big dumb foam laser gun I could always pretend to kill Mr. Poopy Butthole with, but I'm kind of meh on it.

I did pick up the most important piece of the costume last night at Goodwill though:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Adult Swim aired Auto Erotic Asphixiation and Total Rickall last night, and are moving ahead 4 episodes a week, so my guess would be no sooner than Jan. 29. Almost certainly later unless they're pulling some "no announcement" gimmick.

I think it's just a joke.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ballz posted:

That is loving amazing.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ballz posted:

Starting to put together a Rick costume for Halloween/cosplay purposes. Any recommendations on where to get a good portal gun? This is pretty amazing, although it's also ridiculously expensive (and sold out).

Hot Topic also has a big dumb foam laser gun I could always pretend to kill Mr. Poopy Butthole with, but I'm kind of meh on it.

I did pick up the most important piece of the costume last night at Goodwill though:

Make your own

At the very least, its just plastic or cardboard that you cut up and glue together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPB6Z9btUO4

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I wanted to do the portal gun this year but i just found a rocko's modern life shirt and that gave me another idea

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Ballz posted:

Would legit buy this and hang it on my wall.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pick up the dumb foam gun. If you're doing Rick, you're going to be drunk.

I dropped that gun like 5 times and was thankful it was cheap foam.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What a surprise, it looks like Todd's submissions to that Rick and Morty art exhibit are practically taken straight from the episode.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

Pick up the dumb foam gun. If you're doing Rick, you're going to be drunk.

I dropped that gun like 5 times and was thankful it was cheap foam.

loving lol for anyone who bought the $225 one and then tried to cosplay with it.

And yeah Pulp Schwifty is the best.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Season delayed because writing good cartoons is hard. Apologies for the polygon link, I hate them too.

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/1/25/14391552/rick-and-morty-season-3-delay-dan-harmon

I'm glad twitter occasionally gets used to silly inconsequential things like a cartoon maker talking about making cartoons, rather than the leader of the free world casually talking about nukes and poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Eh, well it takes however long it takes. They're not, like, Venture Bros. level of stalling on it, so I'm sure they're putting forth their best efforts.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I'm in no hurry, got a backlog of video games and everything.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Getting the new series in 2016 seemed wildly optimistic when it was first announced, so no surprises here.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

counterfeitsaint posted:

Season delayed because writing good cartoons is hard. Apologies for the polygon link, I hate them too.

http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/1/25/14391552/rick-and-morty-season-3-delay-dan-harmon

I'm glad twitter occasionally gets used to silly inconsequential things like a cartoon maker talking about making cartoons, rather than the leader of the free world casually talking about nukes and poo poo.

While we're waiting for the new season let me see if I can start an inconsequential argument: polygon is actually very good

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Megaspel posted:

While we're waiting for the new season let me see if I can start an inconsequential argument: polygon is actually very good

I'll bite. Polygon is very bad and a prime example is how they started out trumpeting that they wouldn't just rate things from 7.5-9.5 and that reviews could change, but all the big titles get magic 2-point bumps right before the featured reviews ad campaigns roll around. They started off doing a lot of multi-reviewer averaged scores, but that only works if your reviewers have substantially different opinions and there's a lot more room to be different on the low end vs the high end.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Eh, well it takes however long it takes. They're not, like, Venture Bros. level of stalling on it, so I'm sure they're putting forth their best efforts.

It's nice how Doc and Jackson don't make any promises or set any expectations while Dan and Justin tell eight different cons eighteen different things. I think it's easier to be impatient with a drastically more spontaneous show like R&M.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'll bite. Polygon is very bad and a prime example is how they started out trumpeting that they wouldn't just rate things from 7.5-9.5 and that reviews could change, but all the big titles get magic 2-point bumps right before the featured reviews ad campaigns roll around. They started off doing a lot of multi-reviewer averaged scores, but that only works if your reviewers have substantially different opinions and there's a lot more room to be different on the low end vs the high end.

I don't really read the reviews, I just like Griffin and Nick's videos. The articles seem alright imo. Pretty sure the only place you can get decent reviews from is probably Giant Bomb I guess? I don't really read game reviews, I usually just watch gameplay and decide if I wanna get it, or get it if I like the developer or something.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Megaspel posted:

AWESOME VR hax

Would you do a writeup of this setup, or a thread? It looks hacky as gently caress but also incredibly interesting.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Polygon gave me nick and griffin as a team. They're funny youtube videos are great.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007

Budgie posted:

Would you do a writeup of this setup, or a thread? It looks hacky as gently caress but also incredibly interesting.

I'm too lazy for a big write up. Basically I just followed these guides with a bunch of trial and error and a bit of extra work on my own:
https://support.riftcat.com/hc/en-us/categories/201277805-Guides

What you need:
> Modern Nvidia card, probably will work with AMD cards as well though I guess
> Decent Android, no idea if it works for Iphone or anything.
> Google Cardboard or equivalent headset
> PSMove controller
> 1-4 PSMove Cameras
> Longish phone USB cable
> Leap Motion
Software used includes VRidge, PSMoveFreePieBridge, PSMoveService, JoyToKey, LeapMotion orion drivers, SteamVR, notepad.

Here's my custom freepie script: http://pastebin.com/5MeNDQHu
It should allow you to use the face buttons on the PSMove controller to jump around, if it doesn't work and you are definitely sure you have the PSMove controller connected and fully working, then you probably will have to change joystick[1] to joystick[0] or [2] or something. I also set some hardcoded values like the default translation offset, because I'd always be in the wrong position for some reason. RotAng is supposed to offset your rotation, but I'm not sure it actually works correctly.

I will say it's probably not really worth pursuing if you're gonna need to buy a bunch of stuff, except the PSMove Cameras which were £1.50 each from CEX. The PSMove is actually a decent webcam anyway, if you can get the drivers working. I had most of this stuff already, and had just upgraded my PC, so wanted to test out VR.

Calibrating the PSMoveController is a bit tricky until you figure out how the UI of the tool works, but once you do it's pretty painless, as long as you have enough space to place your psmove controller in a place all your cameras can see it.

What's annoying is drift, VRidge uses your phone for orientation and the PSMove controller for translation, even though the PSMove controller has driftless orientation. You can use the controller for orientation as well, but it fucks up if you use more than one axis, I think because VRidge is bad? I'm not really sure.

Leap motion is cool to have stuck to the front of the cardboard, you can flip off people in games that support it, though you really have to put the effort in to flipping people off since it'll mix up fingers some time. In most games it uses hand gestures to emulate Vive controllers which actually turns out to be super lovely for most stuff, and very frustrating when you pressing a button also changes your aim and all these problems.

You can usually get about 4 or 5 hours out of it, but then your phone will probably die and you'll have to leave it for about 20 minutes before you can touch it, because it gets loving hot as hell.

It was fun to play with, but it's not really a permanent VR solution. Haven't really bothered to set it back up in months. Every time you have to calibrate it, and it gets a bit tedious, especially since there isn't too much working, fun VR stuff out there. Eventually I want to get an actual Vive, but I'm not going to be able to afford that for a long while, which sucks because I have a bunch of VR ideas, though I'm sure I'd probably still procrastinate if I had a Vive.

I think that's pretty much everything I know about it. If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

KoRMaK posted:

Polygon gave me nick and griffin as a team. They're funny youtube videos are great.
Justin and Griffin's Monster Factory series is fantastic.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Getting the new series in 2016 seemed wildly optimistic when it was first announced, so no surprises here.
I mean, Mr. Poopybutthole did tell us it would be at least a year and a half. Suddenly nobody wants to take our long-time family friend at face value?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That proves Mr. Poopbutthole is real because waiting a long time for a great show is a bad memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

sticklefifer posted:

I mean, Mr. Poopybutthole did tell us it would be at least a year and a half. Suddenly nobody wants to take our long-time family friend at face value?

Though, looking at my phone, he's not in *any* of my photos...

• Locked thread